3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anybody killing hogs in NC?  (Read 171 times)

Offline jonathan creason

• Trad Bowhunter
Anybody killing hogs in NC?
« on: January 27, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
I've never been on a hog hunt, but all the talk about them on here (and an empty freezer from an unproductive deer season) has me itching to try.  I know there's some feral hogs around here (piedmont NC), but I don't have a clue where to start.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anybody killing hogs in NC?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »
Hey Jonathan, I see you are in Cleveland which I believe is in Johnston Co. I have heard there is a bunch of hogs on the neuse river between smithfield and goldsboro. mostly private land so you need to find some body who has access. I grew up north of Selma and know alot of folks up there. Just none that have access to hogs. good luck. I think Johnston comm colleage has some land with hogs. check it out. good luck . Don Batten
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
Johnston Community Collage did have some hog hunts down there but not sure of the dates or anything.There is a guy down the river from them that was doing some hunts as well but I don't have his name.One of the guys in our archery club and son have killed several on his land.Not many spead out around here and what is around is mostly locked up on private land.I would like to see a stocking program for them around Falls lake myself.  :bigsmyl:
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline LongbowGuy83

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
Jon. You Cleveland county or Cleveland city? I posted this one a couple weeks back. A couple of us are  looking for a spot also.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=083371
Caleb Chambers
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Check out Tim Knight in the Johnston County phone book.He works with me at Stock Building Supply at Yonkers road but he guides hog hunts near Holt Lake.I haven't been with him but i think he has a good success rate.If you can't find his # pm me if you are interested and i will hook yall up.I might even try to book with him this year also.LBG83 i didn't think about this the other day on your post.Later,Preston
Possum the other white meat

Offline jonathan creason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
I'm actually in the town of Cleveland, which is in Rowan County.  Johnston county is a couple of hours away, but not out of the picture.

I know a guy down in Anson County that used to cruise timber, might have to give him a call and see if he has any leads in that region.  Also have a buddy that is the Assistant County Ranger in Jackson County.  I know he runs dogs for hogs and bear up there and he might be able to point something out.

Offline LongbowGuy83

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Arrowhead80:
Check out Tim Knight in the Johnston County phone book.He works with me at Stock Building Supply at Yonkers road but he guides hog hunts near Holt Lake.I haven't been with him but i think he has a good success rate.If you can't find his # pm me if you are interested and i will hook yall up.I might even try to book with him this year also.LBG83 i didn't think about this the other day on your post.Later,Preston
Hey not a problem Preston. PM coming atcha,
Caleb Chambers
Carolina Traditional Archers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©