3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eyeball This Neat Gift  (Read 740 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Eyeball This Neat Gift
« on: April 17, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »
Please forgive my lousey memory if I'm not exactly right. (Honest I don't have anything other than a busy mind and a bad memory - so far.) I got the little beauty pictured below in the mail today, from Jason Bobb. I recall a thread (that of course I can't find) showing hand made strikers like this, for slate type Turkey calls. I also remember posting about how neat I thought they were. I  think something was mentioned, either by the maker or me, that they would be good items for the St. Judes Auction - or perhaps that it was why they were being made. Like I said - forgive my addled brain. I also couldn't bring up Jason in the search function as I can't recall his exact handle. However, let me say in this open post, that I am deeply appreciative of the neat little striker (it works great on both my slate calls - one a Lohman slate and the other a custom acrylic, I think, that my brother sent me from a neighbor of his in FL). I also stand solid on the thought (whoever had it-    :p   ) that similar ones would make great St.Jude Auction items.    :thumbsup:  
The end of the antler also has my handle and his initials in it - a nice touch. Hope you like the pic, and bless you, Jason Bobb.

(I regret to point out that this particular striker will not be in the auction, though - at least not this one, or any one soon, I hope   :D )
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline snakewood3

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eyeball This Neat Gift
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
Awesome Bernie...looks like you got one of those knives from NZ on the way also...
U.S. Navy Seabees '79 - '86
Custom knives and leatherwork

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
Pretty cool Bernie!
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »
Glad you like it buddy, sorry it took a little while but your a very deserving man for it.
God bless,, Jason Bobb
TGMM

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »
Ah, now I got you back in place in my headbone, whitebuffalo, (between the handle and the avatar - LOL). I remember now - the FD pictures for my Traditional Bows  Drawn section of my web site. I certainly do like the striker, Jason, and God bless you and yours also. I also still stand on my appraisal of one (or more, since I was probably thinking about someone elses post    :D  ) as good St. Judes Auction items -    :thumbsup:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »
I'll see what I can do ber.. who do I contact for sending them to.
TGMM

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
That's the spirit - the more the merrier - it's really a fun thing for a great cause. There'll be an instruction thread posted just before we start - but basically you just post a pic and description (when it starts) of your item on the special St. Judes forum and then folks will bid on that thread that you start. There will be many, many threads of interesting items, crafts, etc. You will send it directly to the winner, when the auction ends, and after Doug Cambell (usually) posts that the payment has been received. Neat, huh?

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
Way to go Jason.  I never really realized how talented you are until I spent some time with you looking around your shop.  You are the man with a good heart.  I am looking forward to hitting the turkey woods with you in a few weeks.  Talk to you soon buddy.

Tim
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Thanks Tim, ya know I have never made one of these for myself. All I have made have been given away and I'll make more for the st.judes auction   :readit:  and I have some more that are goin out to some lucky fellas  ;)
TGMM

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »
That sounds great Jason.  I might just have to keep an eye on the auction for one of your works of art.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
I love It!!! As much as I love my own personal striker.

(One more time I want to apologize for not recognising your name on the package, Jason - I really hate it when I do stuff like that - it seems so ... I don't know, careless I guess - and I am not that way at all. Now I'll hush about it.)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »
WOW!!! thats so cool bernie hmmmmmmmmm i wonder.  :goldtooth:  now thats got me thinking about my next lot of things to make.
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »
Yeah, Jeff, it is a neat craft, isn't it.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »
it sure is  bernie man i just love making things like broadhead neck knives. carvings. quivers. knives. and the list goes on LOL!!!
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 04:36:00 AM »
Oh bernie,,Nobig deal man,,I'm glad you like it.
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©