3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New to Trad Hunting  (Read 338 times)

Offline fox2009

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New to Trad Hunting
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
Hello all, I am just starting to try trad. arch. aswell and I am interested in going with a recurve bow, and I am shooting a compound bow right now 68# @ 29" . could any of u give me help with the selection of decent bow, I am not really wanting to spend alot of money until I see if I like it. I was thinking of starting out with a 55# but not sure.

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by fox2009:
Hello all, I am just starting to try trad. arch. aswell and I am interested in going with a recurve bow, and I am shooting a compound bow right now 68# @ 29" . could any of u give me help with the selection of decent bow, I am not really wanting to spend alot of money until I see if I like it. I was thinking of starting out with a 55# but not sure.
welcome to trad!

read my post above, then read this article ...

trad archery newbies

resist the urge to spend money until you're SURE of what you need, not what you want.  stick bows are very different from wheel bows.  enjoy the ride!    :wavey:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
Well if you are in Ames then you are pretty close the Barefoot Traditions.  Stop in and shoot some bows, see what you like and what weight you can handle to start out.  I am sure that the guys will help you out.  As far as groups, there are alot of ITBS members in your area.  They hold there annual Memorial weekend trad shoot right there in Ames.  Check out there website.

Offline mookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
50# is what I started with in 92 no regrets.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©