3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Snake Skins over White Glass???  (Read 246 times)

Offline NYRON

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • LifeCycle Gear
Snake Skins over White Glass???
« on: January 29, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »
Hi All:

This weekend I'm going to back a set of Sebastian Flute ILF limbs with western diamond back skins. The current limb color is white with a bit of metallic in it and there are some modest multi-colored (red and blue) graphics. The graphics are under the existing clear finish.

I'd prefer to put the skins right over the existing finish to get the best adhesion, but I'm wondering how they will look over white glass and if they will completely hide the graphics? I've already painted the belly, tips, and limb butts black. Should I paint the back black before applying the skins?

Has anyone put real snake skins over white glass? And, if so how did they turn out?

Thanks for any insight.

Ron
Your Forest, Your Bow, Your Adventure!

www.yourlifecyclegear.com

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Snake Skins over White Glass???
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
The Graphics I'm not sure about but the white glass should not be bad at all, should give the skins a good looks I think!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Snake Skins over White Glass???
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
The white should be fine but I am pretty sure the graphics will show through some,especially between the scales.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©