3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: WHAT KIND OF FLEMISH STRING SHIPPED WITH MARTIN  (Read 125 times)

Offline akalhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
WHAT KIND OF FLEMISH STRING SHIPPED WITH MARTIN
« on: January 29, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
I NOTICED THAT THE MARTIN MAMBA THAT I PURCHASED HAS A FLEMISH STRING COMING WITH IT.  DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS NORMALLY ONE OF MARTINS STRINGS OR DO I NEED TO THINK ABOUT ANOTHER BRAND.  I GUESS I AM ASKING DOES THE MARTIN FLEMISH PERFORM OK.
LYNN HUNT

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WHAT KIND OF FLEMISH STRING SHIPPED WITH MARTIN
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 03:13:00 PM »
If it hasn't changed, Martin used a material from BCY called "Helix", that was only available to Martin.  I think it was similar to 450+.

I don't have any experience with it, but if it's a typical "factory" string it's probably way overbuilt and not the best quality.

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: WHAT KIND OF FLEMISH STRING SHIPPED WITH MARTIN
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
I just recently made a few D-97 strings for a Savannah and Hunters. The factory strings were alittle differnt material. I later asked Ray at BCY about this and he said is was a special blend that he did for Martin.

Martin flemish strings are better constructed than the days in the eighties when they used a simple single twisted loops. The newer strings maybe overbuilt, but of a much better quality!

To answer your question, yes you'll be fine, you can always change to a custom made string, and would'nt be a bad idea for a backup.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©