3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kalamazoo Expo what did you shoot?  (Read 1593 times)

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kalamazoo Expo what did you shoot?
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
Dave,

Glad to hear it buddy, that was one beautiful Tomahawk, glad to hear that it is still a keeper for ya!

Thanks Ravenclaw.  Any other comments, especially about the grips on Scott's bow are appreciated!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2010, 08:07:00 PM »
I shot the Dwyer "Dauntless" today and WOW!! The one I shot was 62" 51.5#@28" it had spalted sycamore limbs over bamboo core, and brown beavertail grip.  I was going to bring it home but it is really similar to the bow Big Jim is building me.  I shot the Widows again today and my wife begged me to get the new 3pc curve with the short riser.  It shot great and I love the Asbell grip but I'm a longbow guy so it stayed on the rack.  Out of all the bows I shot yesterday and today the Roy Hall "Aztec" and the Dwyer "Dauntless" were the sweetest shooters for me.  I came home with a used Whisperstik "Voodoo" it's 58" and 49#@28.  I had a camera in my pocket the whole time and forgot about it so I never took a single picture.  Great time for sure!!!  I wish I'd have spent more time talking and meeting people but I was on a mission to shoot a lot of bows and get all the items on my shopping list with limited time.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »
Glad you all had a good time !! I owned 2 Roy Hall "Aztec's" Super nice Hybrid style L/B, Very Easy & Point shoot bow, Great Craftsmanship & Roy is one FINE Gentleman !!    And "NO" Barry, you don't "NEED" another Bow !!!     Buddy .....

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
Adam,  talking with Roy was like talking to an old friend.  A very nice fellow.  Yep the "Aztec" 2pc will definitely be my first 2pc bow.  I really liked the added weight it seemed to stabilize the bow really well.  The draw weight was #10 more than what I usually shoot but it pulled so smooth that I couldn't tell much of a difference between it and my lightweight bows.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
Think they are waiting for pics of the Morrison new mini 14 ALUMINUM riser. I know I am waiting for some pics too.
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
I wish I would have taken some pics; I completely forgot I had a camera until the drive home!  Those Morrisons were NICE!!!  I wouldn't let myself shoot it though.  I started to take it to shoot and I said to myself "if I don't know what I'm missing then I won't miss it."

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kenneth:
I shot the Dwyer "Dauntless" today and WOW!! The one I shot was 62" 51.5#@28" it had spalted sycamore limbs over bamboo core, and brown beavertail grip....  I came home with a used Whisperstik "Voodoo" it's 58" and 49#@28.  
I shot that also. A very nice bow for sure and real looker.  So your the guy that got that Voodoo.  If it was 60" I would have grabbed it for that price. I was surprised it lasted Friday and much of the day today.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
Yep me too!!  I was gonna take the Aztec or Dauntless home but I just couldn't pass up the deal on the Voodoo.  I have another 58" Voodoo that I got off here last week so now I have 2 nice shooters with a little different poundage.  If he still has that Dauntless after I get my Buffalo bow I may just have to send him a check.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
I didn't have much time before they closed up for the day so I didn't get a pic of the 14" Morrison aluminum.

1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
anybody shoot Cascades?
Make a life, not a living

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
No pics but I was there Fri and Sat. Shot both sets of the new Zipper Evolution limbs and ordered the carbon'foam for my SXT. My favorite bow all weekend. Shot several Anneewakee Addiction recurves and really liked the 54" even with my 29" draw. Very smooth and quick. I ordered one for blind hunting, should have it in time for turkey season. I was impresed with the Sky 17" riser. great mass and fit my hand well. A little noisy with the low brace height but would be easy to correct. Jim also has a brochure to help demystify the ILF riser/limb length combo questions.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
I also shot the Tall Tines bows and found them quiet and smooth. Great looking wood combos. I would've liked to see the base model there to see the how the plain jane models looked and performed. I shot a Sky one piece Rogue longbow at only 40# and found it to be a pleasant surprise. Really spit an arrow for the lowest draw weight bow I shot this weekend. Never shot the St. Joe bow but heard good things about it. If they had one my weight... Shot the ACS original design with Aluminum riser and the new desigh shorter riser. Good performers with great possibility, just out of my price range right now. Would've liked to shoot more Sky bows,1 and 3 piece but not enough of my weight selection were ready for the show.  Bought three books for my future son-in-law in who is in Iraq from the Wensels and Mike Mitten. Scott Hoffman from Huntmore 360 gave me a t-shirt to send him. He also gave the update kit for the stool I bought from him at last years EXPO. Now that's customer service. Bought a hooded shirt from Theresa Asbell and Mrs. Owlbait spent the day helping her out. Great 2 days.

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
I didn't really get a chance to shoot. It was always pretty busy the entire time and I had a limited window.

However, I liked Tortorelli Traditionals, the Elk Ridge Pilgrims, and the Dwyers. I really liked the Dwyer Endeavor. Really smooth drawing bow for a 58" even at my 30" draw.

I wish there was more room to shoot there.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
Sure looks like a blast.. Wish us good ole boys down south could have a event such as this closer to us... hopefully one year I can make it !!
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
I shot the breeze with a lot of folks. Did shoot one Northern Mist string follow - managed to escape without buying it.

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
I shot 3 or 4 of the BW PCH bows.I really liked some of those exotics,expecially the cross grain graybark.I ended up ordering an autumn oak PCH so the waiting has begun.Should probably get mine around the last of March.
Bear Grizzly 58"        38 lbs@29"
Black Widow PCH III 60" 44 lb@29"
Black Widow PLX 62"     45 lb@28"
Kentuckian Flatbow  60" 55 lb@28"

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
Froggy, lots of Southern boys here this year. I almost needed an interpeter  :bigsmyl:

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »
Just got back, what a great time! One of the coolest events I've ever been to! Good people everywhere! Pretty crowded early on today, elbow to elbow!

I shot pretty much a longbow from everyone that had one there, I have to say the bows that I really liked were the Norther Mist Baraga, what an awesome shooting bow, no hand shock and quiet as a church mouse! I'll own one soon! I also shot the new Model T Shrew another great bow! The Fox Royal Crown is right up there as well! The ACS one piece longbow, I believe 42# at 28", 62", this bow just smoked my 600 grain arrow!

Then from across the room, I spotted a beauty, a used Big River that was only a few weeks old. After I shot that bow it put a serious smile on my face realizing I want another one!    :pray:
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »
Good to hear you liked the Baraga BowHuntingFool! I was waiting for someone to bring up Baraga or Superior. I have a Superior on order and Steve says he's starting it as soon as he gets back from K-Zoo  :)  Glad to hear the good reports!

Craig

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2010, 11:13:00 PM »
Craig, I really, really liked the Baraga, I mean love the Baraga! Talked with Steve for a while, great guy, us Polacks have to stick together!

Anyway, I tell ya, for me, this was just a joy to shoot, my favorite, then talking with Steve for a while made it that much sweeter!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©