3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Michigan Ground Grizzly (Pic's)......!  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Michigan Ground Grizzly (Pic's)......!
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »
Nice Jim.  Good shootin.

Offline Wulomac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 07:32:00 AM »
Some guys are blessed with the ability to handle danger!  Way to inspire the rest of us!
And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.  GEN-21:20

Offline Fletch2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Good job. Great idea for limb covers.

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
Jim, nice thanks your helping out us farmers.
Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »
Good job Jim, tis the season

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »
You Da man Jimbo   :notworthy:    :notworthy:
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
Thanks guys. It felt so good to return to predator mode and escape the hectic work life for a little while.
While I was stalking this guy I imagined that I was slipping along an Alaskan stream full of Salmon when I saw this huge boar Grizz. Then I was snapped back to reality when I pictured my bank account balance...$0.00!!!  :eek:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
Nice silver back - turf grizzly !! JC outa be jumping in here soon with a recipe for ya. Lots of fun to shoot, their hard on arras when they disapear down a hole with your $15.00 arra.
hunt it

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »
MMMMMMMMMM, that's some fine eatin right there! Peel em quick after the kill, get the musk glands off (kinda behind each leg), soak em in water in the fridge for a couple of days changing out the water, add your favorite crock-pot recipe and SHAZAM! good food.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 01:22:00 PM »
What did I tell Ya!!! JC can smells them groundhogs on his putor! I took my son ground hoggin when he was three. He heard me calling them groundhogs and my buddy calling them woodchucks so Gray started calling the woodhogs. So thats what we called them for a few years.
hunt it

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »
Thanks for the recepie, I look forward to trying it. Here is a picture of one that I shot out of a tree several years ago with a 68lb. Bighorn. I was a little over bowed! I had him mounted life size.   :archer:  

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Oh man. Just got to examine a woodchuck skeleton in my zoology class today. I couldn't get over how sturdly constructed those little guys are. Comparing it to a raccoon, the chuck had smaller bones, but alot thicker and more robust. No wonder why these suckers are so tough...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Doug R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
Jim you should use that for a decoy  :saywhat:  
I have noticed quite a few out eating grass on ditch banks lately.   :)

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
Doug, when I used to spend a lot of time on the Maple River, I used to see lots and lots of woodchucks. They seem to really like making their dens along riverbanks and I have thought that it would be fun to do a woodchuck float and hunt them that way. It would be easy with a gun but challenging with a bow.  :)

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck? About 3/8" of cedar    :jumper:    Nice mount Jim! They really are tough to stalk, they are on red alert non stop!

Brent
PS I've yet to over kill anything!

And it was a pleasure meeting you! Hopefully we can do it on a little shooting expedition soon!

Then again that rat down a piece of 4" pipe with the 10 ga might just have been!  :jumper:

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
Awsome job 2,, Hey you look familiar,,were you at a bunny hunt in the grant area when we got that dumping of snow,,,I was the one with the beagle,,I thought you looked familiar,,. JB
TGMM

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
Yup, that was me! That day was just a good work out walking in waist deep now!  :biglaugh:

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »
I was amazed rosie even ran the one bunny half as far as she did,, hey were gunna have to hook up buddy and do some carpin.
TGMM

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by whitebuffalo:
I was amazed rosie even ran the one bunny half as far as she did,, hey were gunna have to hook up buddy and do some carpin.
Sounds good! I will be making frequent checks of my carp shooting spots and I will keep you posted.  :)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2007, 08:17:00 AM »
Woodchucks are good eatin, especially the young ones just like a big squirrel   :thumbsup:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©