3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Metal riser Bear T/D  (Read 548 times)

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Metal riser Bear T/D
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by rickshot:
Congrats…Out of all the bows I’ve owned, I’ve kept a Bear magnesium T/D with me the longest. The one pictured is a B handle with #2 limbs that I acquired earlier this year and will finish setting it up over the winter. The information given so far just about tells the tale, but I wanted to also mention that different grips were available: low, middle, and high. The mid grip (2R…right-handed) is on the bow and the other is the high grip. Enjoy, Rick.  

I just sent off a really beat up one of the same bow to Precision Hydrographics (sponsor) to have it dipped.
The bow is a shooter for sure that's why I'm fix'n up.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=083334;p=5#000073
Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »
RGinWY said, "I keep a B handle 60"x 60# in my boat for shoot'n carp."

I need directions to where you keep your boat 8^).

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
I love those old bows, I'm using a Magnesium A riser with No. 2 53# limbs as my primary hunting bow. I've got a couple of B handles also. I really want another A for a back up, I've give up finding a wood A I can afford.

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
There was also different arrow rest available for them that fit in sight window cover. A britle rest or a magnetic rest as well as shooting off the rubber shelf with adjustable metal plate for center shot.  Before they quit making them some came with a tapped hole for a Berger button.
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline Ben Tstic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
76er came in "custom" & "deluxe" versions...I have 2, an A & a C, but the limbs do not interchange...the A risor socket is larger to accomodate a thin wood laminate on the part of the limb that inserts into it...not like the tapered laminated limb of the minuteman, just a rectangular piece of wood about two inches long kinda stuck onto the the front of the limb

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
I had a "B" riser with #1 50# limbs in 1973-75. I shot that bow better than any recurve I've ever owned.  The bow was actually my brother's who was in the marines. When he returned I gave him the bow back.  Never saw it again.

A friend of mine used to work in the warranty dept. at Bear. He said while rare, they sometimes had the Mag risers returned with some type of "rot" (corrision) occuring from the inside out.

If Bear made a replica of the Mag (especially "A" riser in a LH)  I would buy the bow in a heart beat.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©