3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Strings  (Read 174 times)

Offline SL

• Trad Bowhunter
Strings
« on: January 30, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
Food for thought-
I traded for a Fox Longbow a while back and just took an old string I had laying around(well used). This string was made by someone else and probably 8 years old.It looked good however.

I twist my own and I was just being lazy I guess.
The bow shot well but just didnt have that feel to it.I recently posted the bow to trade and have since removed the add.
Reason being-I twisted up a 10 strand TS1 for it this morning and wow what a difference. The old string was a 12 strand TS1 so not that big of difference in weight. This bow is like a different bow now-unbelievable.
Brings up a question. I never was a beleiver that strings got "shot out" for lack of a better term. What gives? any ideas?
SL

Offline Art B

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Strings
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
10 strand string is going to have just a bit more give than the 12. Your bow feel a bit more stable/less shock with the 10 count string? The new string's twist count is probably different. Perhaps better constructed? Lighter string as you mentioned. That's all I got..........ART

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
I've discovered 8 strand D97 strings padded to 16 in the loops for my 50lb bows. The performance increase is amazing over the thicker strings without padding. I now have got them on all of my bows.

I'll be watching this thread as I've wondered how long they will last as well.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
I remember reading something to the effect of strings being "shot-out" in a TBH magazine. Had the same string on my Black Widow for a long, long time. New string... Great Result! Must be the truth.

... mike ...  :archer:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline SL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
yep- bow feels better at the shot now than before, all the way around. Ive been meaning to get someD97 to try also. The only differences I can tell are that I use a shorter center serving and alot smaller loops so the string fits the nock ends tighter. That and the one I made has less twists in the string..maybe its the amiunt of twist?
SL

Offline SL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
Like you're quote Mike.
SL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©