3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A New Product Hits The Market  (Read 745 times)

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
A New Product Hits The Market
« on: January 31, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »
A much needed product has just hit the market. It is one-piece inserts/broadhead adaptors MADE OF STEEL. I've only done preliminary testing on prototypes of these, but even that tiny amount of testing verified that they are far stronger than a steel BH adaptor used with a barss insert.

At the moment only 2 sizes are available: One in .203" diameter, for the Axis shaft. It weights in at 198 grains. The other is in .246" diameter, which fits the Gold Tip and other shafts having this common shaft inide diameter. It weighs 236 grains.

These one-piece steel inserts/broadhead tapers not only aid the arrow's structural integrity, they will also help with FOC.

You can view them at:  www.traditionalarcherysolutions.com  and here's an active link:  http://traditionalarcherysolutions.bubbaspc.com/traditionalarcherysolutions/index.asp  

Disclaimer: No, just like every other archery company and its products I don't have any financial connection with this company, or any of its products either! Just alerting everyone to a another ' performing better product'.

Ed

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A New Product Hits The Market
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
Brillant!  I was wondering when something like this would hit!
Support the sport!

Offline Shad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Dr. Ed!
~Shad~
PBS Associate Member

Robert "Boo Boo" Benson
10-12-36 to 02-06-11
My Gramps, my mentor, my best friend

"The measure of a bowhunter is not how many animals he takes each year, but how he does it. " - Jay Massey

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
Thanks Dr.!  Looks like a fine product that will work well with my set-up and the the abundance of glue on heads I managed to accumulate over the years and at K-zoo this weekend.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
interesting, viable, but no cigar for me.

i want a steel INSERT, so that i can use screw-in points - broadheads, judos, field points.  a nice added touch might be a variable weight system that screws in at the rear, as found today.  

better yet, an insert that's really long with a tapered or parallel inner wall to act as a shaft footing strengthener at that critical area of the arrow.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
Here they are

Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Offline Predator Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »
Hey 236 grain!  I dont even need broadheads with those!..  It would be more like throwing a spear than an arrow I think... I will have to stick with brass or alluminum
AcsCX 1pc 66" 47@28 Bocote
Predator  60" 52@28 Leopard/Shedua
Super diablo 50@28 bubinga/purple
Predator Riser phenolic/maple - cant decide on limbs yet.

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
Rob,
This IS a fine product but I agree with you on the benefits of unscrewing whatever and screwing on a judo or field point or whatever else.

I have already talked to the owner/creator of the above product about the insert only idea.  He is a very good guy and maybe a 200+ gr. steel insert will be out sometime.
Richie Nell

Black Widow

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
Rob, I'm hoping for those too. They would also be a much needed assetfor the folks using screw in broadheads.

Ed

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
I would definitely like to see some heavier adapters.  I was thinking the 236gr. would be great but when I did the math it's just a little more than I'm getting now with 100gr. insert and 125gr. adapter and the adapters are cheaper.  I got a little too excited and jumped the gun.  I still think they're a great product but it's hard to beat the versatility of the screw in adapters, just wish they offered them in 150gr. and 200gr. weights also.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
Great looking product.  If enough people weigh in and he can sell enough product, I bet the manufacturer will expand his line to include other items.  I would have to say that if you want them to be 200 grains just cut off a little at a time until they are 200 grains. Simple fix.  Thanks DR. Ashby.  I will have to look at trying some of those out.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »
for the most part, i don't use pre-made screw-in broadheads.  i get much more versatility using a glue-in head and a steel adapter, that currently screws into a brass insert.  changing that brass insert to steel, or better yet a fixed weight long and hollow (tapered or parallel wall) steel insert would be killer in more ways than one.

using a screw-in head made from a point and adapter allows me to safely use epoxy as the mechanical bonding agent.  if the head gets bent or otherwise, i heat the head to break the epoxy bond, saving the adapter for another point mating.

this way, i can use one broadhead for different holding weight bows, varying the front end weight by using different adapter weights.  one thing i can't change is the insert weight and i only use 100gr brass ... but would rather change that to 150 or 200 grain STEEL.   :)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Predator Man:
Hey 236 grain!  I dont even need broadheads with those!..  It would be more like throwing a spear than an arrow I think... I will have to stick with brass or alluminum
what's the holding weight of your main hunting bow and the total broadhead arrow weight you use with that bow?

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
I think I'm going to have to try some of them with a 190gr WW Elite on top. Can't wait

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by Earl Jeff:
I think I'm going to have to try some of them with a 190gr WW Elite on top. Can't wait
got 300gr screw-in vpa terminator into a 100gr brass adapter - potent pig medicine!  :)

mmmm, better yet - 300gr vpa into a 200gr steel insert!  killer!   :D

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
where do ya get 200gr steel inserts at Rob

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Earl Jeff:
where do ya get 200gr steel inserts at Rob
hah!  i don't!  that's on my wish life for mr. jon hand.     :wavey:    

for me, that'd make for a 735gr carbon arrow out of the 55# 'hawk.  i've shot 755gr arrows outta that bow and the trajectory is fine out to 15+ yards, but at 20+ yards it takes some rethinkin' of the aiming system.

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
I think that there will be more versions coming along. I, too, would like to see some versions substantually heavier that what a 125 grain steel screw-in adaptor with a 100 grain insert gives - i.e., something significantly above 225 grains. Perhaps 275, 300 and 325 grain versions (or a 200 grain steel insert that I could screw a 125 grain steel adaptor onto).

Ed

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »
Dr. Ashby,
What about longer broadheads?  Like 4-5" by 1-1.5" or so weighing 400-500 grains (with a long ferrule for adding lead above the adapter).  Wouldn't that get the weight where you want it, as far in front of the shaft as possible, for higher FOC?  The total weight would not have to be different than arrows and broadheads we're using now.  It would just eliminate the need to add weight INSIDE the shaft where maybe it is less efficient regarding FOC.
Richie Nell

Black Widow

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
4" to 5" long broadhead is close to being a spear head!   :scared:

i like the idea of a 3:1 broadhead, and versatility in adjusting the front end weight via screw-in points and adapters.  however, i'd also like the vulnerable shaft area just behind the insert to be stiffened up via a tapered wall footing, which could be part of the insert itself.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©