3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Loyd, Warranty work  (Read 742 times)

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
Loyd, Warranty work
« on: January 31, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
Hey Loyd and Butch. I need some warranty work. You talk about getting the crap scared out of you. My butt bit 3 button holes in my lee’s before I settled down. I have no idea what happened. It was shooting great until it blew. I even cut my arrows down to 28” to make sure I wouldn’t overdraw it.

I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Loyd, Warranty work
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
I hope that stuff never happens to me..
I'd croak right there on the spot!
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline glass76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
Did that happen while drawing it back or upon release? Just wondering.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 08:34:00 PM »
I had just hit anchor and held for a second (She went)
 :scared:    :scared:  
I've been shooting for over 50 years and this is the first time I have ever had this happen with a longbow.
 "[dntthnk]"
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Bob Barnes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
glad you are OK...did you get a hold of one of Loyd's kid bows?   :)   sorry...
Bob
"Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a BowAholic"

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
Jerry, Jerry Jerry. I tried to warn you but, noooooo.  You just had to shoot carbon arrows out out of a selfbow.   :readit:   Shame, shame, shame.
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
I glad you weren't injured. I hate it when that happens... but it does.

I could understand it if a person were shooting carbon arrows out of a selfbow but a seasoned veteran like yourself wouldn't do something like that I'm sure. Loyd would most likely tell anyone that used carbons on his bows would void any warranty.

God bless, Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
not to mention jerry bet me he could drsw the bow back past his ear. I tried to stop him. I said" don't do it jerry! You are going to blow that sweet little thing apart." then he raised his eyebrow , let out a maniac laugh and shouted " I won't listen to some punk kid!" then I grabbed everyone and swept them out of harms way just as jerry  summoned all his strength and jerked it back it's final time.  It is a sad story indeed, but at least the woods are safe again now that the great gray buffalo has been disarmed...temporarily.     Sorry for your loss. Make a new one with me.  Dave
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
not to mention jerry bet me he could drsw the bow back past his ear. I tried to stop him. I said" don't do it jerry! You are going to blow that sweet little thing apart." then he raised his eyebrow , let out a maniac laugh and shouted " I won't listen to some punk kid!" then I grabbed everyone and swept them out of harms way just as jerry  summoned all his strength and jerked it back it's final time.  It is a sad story indeed, but at least the woods are safe again now that the great gray buffalo has been disarmed...temporarily.     Sorry for your loss. Make a new one with me.  Dave
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
Jerry,
I hate to rub it in but, I told ya! Everybody was there when I said it plain as day. " Never, never ,ever shoot carbons out of a selfbow!!" I almost cried there in front of everybody when I saw carbons in your quiver. I thought then " Oh Lord. He might as well be using a Cbow."
You could have gotten by drawing it to your ear,I'd a paid good money to see that, but, them old carbons done did ya in. I remember when you ustadid turn your nose up at carbon shooters. Sayin' "them there hain't real arras a shootin' outta them hybrid bows. Them hain't even real bows."(you always did talk with an accent). I told ya back then, several years ago."That's ok Jerry. It won't hurt the hybrid bows to shoot a carbon arrow. Just never, never, ever shoot em out of a selfbow. I guess you just wasn't listening. Either time. I'm just as sorry as I can be but, use carbons, void the warranty. Life's full of hard lessons. Costly one's too.
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 06:06:00 AM »
You guys are having entirely to much fun with this. I lost a lover before I even had a chance to spend a weekend in the woods with her. By the way her name was sassy.

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 06:33:00 AM »
Here lies Sassy. Put into an early grave by carbon poison. RIP
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

- Erastus Wiman

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
poor ole sassy... Cut down in her prime.lol

Offline No-sage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
That bow doesn't look too bad... maybe it can be fixed.  :goldtooth:  

I had that happen to one of my bows that I gave to a friend.  He said he had a problem with his bow and asked me to come over and look at it.  

He tosses the 2 pieces on that table and says "can you fix this?"  

He's not the greatest bowhunter around, in fact I don't think he's ever gotten a deer yet.  So, I looked it over, smiled and said, "no.... but it should still work for your bowhunting"

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »
butch is right,it was probably next to dry-fireing the bow. Glad your o-k.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »
Ole Gray Buffalo is a tough critter!! If it was me I'd have been crying..."UNCLE!" by now....lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »
:biglaugh:  This is too much for a Monday morning.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
Why would shooting carbons out of a bow make it break?  If the arrows are spined right and heavy enough how would they differ from any other material.  Rules are rules no doubt.  Just curious.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »
the finish on carbon arrows cause a selfbow to break down and give up. I think it has something to do with the fiber too. Plus it upsets the bow gods.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
Hatchaser, don't fall for this   "[dntthnk]"    :rolleyes:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©