3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I Cracked - New Tall Tines In My Future  (Read 860 times)

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
I Cracked - New Tall Tines In My Future
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »
I was doing so well...just browsing and taking in all Kzoo had to offer.  I made a tactical error when I started checking out the collection of Tall Tines bows Brian Wessel had on display.  I was really impressed and I could feel the inner pressure to purchase coming on.  I left his booth in a hurry hoping the pressure would subside.  I regrouped with my friends Steve Slomsky and Kevin Dill trying to gain their support to "hold me back" from buying another bow.  The strategy back-fired as Kevin excitedly pronounced that he had just placed an order for a Tall Tines.  I took a "cool down" lap around the vendors and decided to chat with anonther freind - Steve Osminski at the Sitka booth.  That strategy back-fired as well as SteveO handed me his Tall Tines and arrows and said "you've gotta shoot this thing"!  The bow was extremely smooth, fast, accurate and quiet.  I laid the bow back in the Sitka booth and took another cool down lap.  Well, the lap ended back at the Tall Tines booth...I remember saying to myself "I'll just talk to Brian about his grizzly hunt in Alaska.  I listened as Brian talked about his grizzly bear adventure and at the end of his story, I simply said "get out your order form".  My friends were just standing there laughing at my inherent weakness with bows!  Brian is a heck of a nice guy and a fine bowyer with a very promising future.  If you're in the market for a bow or happen to share my bow disease, you should check out Tall Tines.

Bryan
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I Cracked - New Tall Tines In My Future
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »
It is difficult to resist at a TT.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline JimmyC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
LOL, why break a good habit, Bryan?  Enjoy!
"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly."--G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »
I feel your pain, I did the same thing with Brian.  Heck of a bow and can't wait to get my own.  Brian was a real pleasure to talk to and I'm sure he's going to get real busy here in the future.

Keep shootin straight,

David   :archer:

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
Details Bryan!! Have you decided what woods your going with? I'm ready to take the plunge also!

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »
I was by the shooting area and the guys with the TT's were all impressed with it when they shot them.
It was quiet and smooth.
I would have liked a spot for my pinky to rest for one more positive hand placement point (just me trying to talk myself out of it)but was very happy the way it is.
I was able to walk away because Brian got busy when I went over. I know I will break at sometime for one, but was able to save the marriage for now.LOL
Congratulations on the fine bow.

Tim

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »
Guss - Haven't decided on all of the details yet but Brian showed me a smokin hot piece of Zircote.  The Brazilian rosewood looked awesome as well.  Like fine wine...you can't rush these things  ;)
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
I spent a few minutes talking with Brian, he's a great guy! II'm not a recurve guy, but I must admit, great looking bows! He had one the that was Bacote, the wood was amazing, it had a beautiful orange to it! I can't wait for his longbows to come out!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
:goldtooth:  

I'm not going to say much...but I  am enjoying this thoroughly   :D  

Good choice.  I don't know if you noticed the Kudu tips on mine, but they would go real good with that Zircote   ;)

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
Bryan, I bit the bullet as well.  Brian is building fantastic bows that is for sure!  Very smooth and stable and not to shabby on the looks either!  Now the wait begins!!   :thumbsup:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
I glanced across at the Tall Tines booth and saw you slip the credit card back in your wallet Bryon - knew right away another one had bitten the dust  :D
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 04:26:00 AM »
I thought that they were going to be heavy when I first saw them but they weren't at all heavy!  They were very nice in your hand and seemed to balance very well!

They fit perfectly and I would love to own one someday in the future.

Just a very nice bow!

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 06:33:00 AM »
I confess: I figured..."new bowyer...new line of bows...some of it might be good"

I was extremely impressed by seeing and handling Brian's bows. These weapons have quality and design features that set them apart. To me, they just say "take me hunting". I could stay on here and toss superlatives around easily. Let me just say that I think this: We've got a rising star in the world of custom bowyering!

Bryan Burkhardt hit it right on the bean...and I don't feel bad about his "relapse" either.   ;)  

Kev

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 07:22:00 AM »
I stopped by Brian's booth figuring another Iowegian might need some moral support. Fine young fellow with some fancy looking recurves. Picked one up just to be polite since I'm a longbow and mostly selfbow guy... dang that grip melted into my hand. Thin wide limbs with a working recurve... lovely aesthetics with the center strip of the riser reflecting the limb veneers... got out of there fast when a customer distracted him! Whew

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 07:35:00 AM »
It's OK, Bryan.  Nobody likes a "quitter" anyway.  Glad to hear you are still hooked!

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 08:00:00 AM »
Haha, you guys won't be disappointed. Great bows for sure at a good price. How long is the wait now?
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »
There were a lot of guys at Brian's booth over the weekend trying out the "new" guy's stuff...

This interestingly included the Michigan Outdoors camera crew.  They shot the TallTines bows on camera and did an interview with Brian.  I'll keep an eye out for it and post up the show segments they end up doing on Kalamazoo.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
No guarantees on delivery time...I think I understood Brian to say some time in under 6 months...maybe considerably less. I'm personally in no huge hurry to get mine, as long as it's the next bow he builds...

:thumbsup:

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
All the positive responses to Brian and his TT bows is anything but a surprise to me.

I knew his booth would be a big attraction at the show, and for good reason. Brian may be the new kid on the block, but he is a Rising Star in the trad archery world.

I would hate to know I ordered a bow at the show, or even worse, later this month after thinking about it a bit. The line is getting longer every day, but no matter how long the wait is, it's worth it.

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »
Sure am glad I got my name on Brian's list when I did !
  :bigsmyl:
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©