3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My Kalamazoo Review.  (Read 953 times)

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
My Kalamazoo Review.
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
My first time to hang out with my northern brothers. America's Backbone of the Traditional Bowhunting. When Jerry invited me to speak, i couldn''t turn down again...I assembled my bookends (Biggie and Marty) and we had to go scout this out...here are my raw first impressions.

I actually met guys that talked slower then me.

Two Tracks has the best looking wool felt garments hands down. he left the show with my vest.. i will have to order one now. i could talk bowhunting with Chuck for hours. wealth of knowledge

Although Denny Sturgis looks like a TapOut competitor on the Net, in person he's a smiling gentleman with a pranster twinkle in his eye....love it

Whip has continued to keep in shape with his mountain workout regiment. he sold me the ugliest hat ever. it's perfect.

Steve O..bought arguebly one on the nicest bows there. A Bocote TallTines..He let me shoot it. I would not let marty shoot it because he would dry fire it...I will now Will my Osceola bird slot to Steve if something happens to me. he can hang,great guy

Rick Shepard's Great Northern Qiuver Co. Feather Grinder.....Buy it!!.....buy the dyes too!..great people and extremely knowledgeable..coolest fleece noggins out there

Gene ate my desert. Barry had 2.......Susan and Donna raise the bar for them. the women are class acts....have you thought what this sport would be like without the twins?....they are always alot of fun and one heck of some flashlight salesmen.

Monty made me up my best turkey prop ever. 22" turkey beard..i'll have to make him another box call...News Flash!..he told me he's thinking about buying his first computer!!!

Biggie as usual lied about his ETA and beats me to the show by driving most of the night from Ga. He took a nap at a truck stop but woke up when mercury hit 7 degrees in his truck....if he would have froze..how would u get him out?

Someone pick pocketed my 3 Ben Franklins or i spent it? I told my wife the ATM charge was a mistake and i will take care of it.

Easiest Money? I made $10 by walking down the hotel hall to get a coke in my underwear and Whip's hat on from Marty. he paid in cash....sweet!...Robin Conrads almost busted me but i was fast. TJ hasn't aged one bit.....hunting 13 months a year is his secret

Herdbull is with holding information. He is a smart rascal. I'll let him get his weight up and then i'll take him on in an arm wrestling match. starting on his book tonight.

Great Northern has Green glass.....what a solid and crafty bow Jerry makes... you have to check it out!

Mike and Mary with Woodyweights had the best value there with Plaid wool jackets and shirts that had prices George Stout would have blushed at....Woodyweights are ingenious....definite buy

I bought my 11th turkey blind in 20 years Sunday. Bought this from Apache Blind Man. I spent 2 hours trying to tell him what i needed in a blind to shoot a recurve hidden from turkeys finally i gave up....so like a good redneck....I bought one New so i can take it home to fix it.

Kananti Quivers.......just an expectional funtional quiver John Dill is making. It is so well thought out and made. it's hitting the turkey woods with me in 3- 4 weeks in Fl. Batman is perfect company representative..He knows bowhunting, bluegrass, turtle sticking, catfish grappling and buck dancing. he's the real Carolina deal...enjoyed meeting ya'll immensely.

Surprise award for me  was knifemaker Wayne Hendricks from Allendale SC..i have not seen wayne in 17 years. Monty and I talked turkey with him for an hour after my seminar..Wayne is a tremedous outsdoorsaman and turkey hunter..Loved swapping stories back and forth with him. he's sending me a trick wooden call to duplicate.....

Regretably i did not get to spend enough time with my cyber buddy Todd Smith but i know we'll get to spend some ABS booth time together in the future. great meeting you Todd

Speaking of Smiths, Thanks Marty Smith for the pack frame and your help.

Thanks Blake Fisher of Eclipse broadheads for getting Marty lined out with a quality BH that he nows says he can sharpen. I will give him a pop test in 3 weeks. Please keep up the good work in the Cat depredation program around Boise.. Your work there  is legendary.

Great putting Hawkeye's name with a face. good luck with your birds. Anything your learned from my seminars i am not legalily liable for unless they work out then i'll have to charge you!

Lastly thanks jerry and sharon for a  great time I had. I had the best time ever, never have i talked so much turkey that my throat is killing me from gobbling 765 times in 2 days...i did not miss my grits a bit!
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: My Kalamazoo Review.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »
I don't think you missed anything. A fun time for sure.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Online 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
Good review Joey. It was both informative and enjoyable to read. Maybe next year I'll make it up there.

Offline Scott Squires

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
Thanks for the great update. Living in California it is a trip I hope to make in the next year ot two.

Scott

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
I have a picture of that lost 10 bucks! Anybody wanna see it?

That's a beter review than any report u ever write in school!

Offline recurve3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
One item that should be added to the above review was that Joey put on a very informative and fun turkey hunting seminar.
Tom

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
I seen it Marty, I dare ya!(better ask Terry first.It ain't pretty).
JoeBuck I sure had a great time chattin with you and your pals. Your turkey seminar was GREAT, I hope your info can be my hole card to break my 7yr. skunkfest.Stay in touch and thanks for the kind words.
good luck with the turks
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »
That's a great review Joey, sounds like great time    :thumbsup:

I even asked Marty to call me Sunday morning and leave the phone on so I could at least listen to the seminar...but I was a day late...it was Saturday    :(  

Oh well, someday we'll get together and "talk turkey"    :campfire:  

Good Luck this spring buddy!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
I think I like that review best of anybody, not that I would wish anything bad to happen to Joey...

It sure was nice having the southern contingent at the Expo--they are nicer guys than they appear on the computer   :notworthy:  

I'm looking forward to catching the turkey seminar again at PBS.  LOTS of things to learn from the master!

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »
Only thing missing was you Curt!..would have loved to met ya...Sitka booth needed your help and experience badly! Steve O stayed in the Talltines booth most of the weekend trying work Brian down on $ i think for that gorgeous bow......i loaned his son Daniel $100, he said his daddy was good for it.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
Daniel hit me for 100 bucks too! Kid worked the room like a pro!

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Marty:
Daniel hit me for 100 bucks too! Kid worked the room like a pro!
He was trying to raise some money for some rabbit arrows!!     :thumbsup:

Great review Joey!!  I wish I could have seen your seminar.  We got there a little later than I wanted to on Saturday morning!    :banghead:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
Wait a minute.....he got me for $100 also!!!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 02:59:00 PM »
I just LOVE that boy :-))

I like taking him to the traditional event so he can hang out with QUALITY people--like the MRS. Wensels ;-)

Offline JJ1956

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
Sounds like a great way to spend a cold weekend

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »
Daniel hit me up for some photos, which he quickly sold to some other kids. The boy is resourceful! :>)  HA!

Seriously, Daniel has become very helpful with other youths. Keep up the good work Steve. Mike

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »
Joey, good review. You about hit it on the money except for the fact I never ate any dessert. You did a great job with your butterball seminar. I wish I could learn to call better than the ways you were teaching people NOT to call! I was almost in the front row. The guy behind me was taking notes. His partner was snoring. You did a fine presentation, except no one told you about that booger hanging out your left nostril and the dried food on your shirt. I even enjoyed listening to your southern accent. I really feel bad about your team losing that war......

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
Daniel is a special kid for sure. He traded me a wrinkled $100 bill for a spanking new $50. Maybe someday he'll learn that the hand is quicker than the eye. Steve O.... I told him you were buying him a pony next week. Don't let him down.

Offline mparks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
I think Daniel had Gene's magic tricks almost figured out.  Thankfully, the joke about the money to be made in field passed safely over his head.

Offline mlmealey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
Hi Joey, it was nice to meet you, i ate Gene's dessert i had to sneak it away from Brian Wessel. you should have stayed at our motel we had high school girls running and screaming up and down the hallway at 3:00 am Gene came out of his room and i heard him yell shut up, he said he got up at 5:00 am and called their room every ten minutes for awhile, great stuff.
IBA life member
PBS regular member
Compton TB member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©