3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hoyt Recurve  (Read 383 times)

Offline Aspirinbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
Hoyt Recurve
« on: February 02, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »
For the first time in about 30 years the 2010 Hoyt Formula RX changes the way the limb attaches to the riser on their recurve bows.  I am using one of these bows on stage in 2010 and have thus far been very impressed with this bow.  If you have not seen a photo of it you should, it is cosmetically appealing and it shoots great.

I will have two of them with me at all my shows this year.  I wanted the traditional community to be aware of these changes and get your thoughts on this new design. I interviewed Hoyt engineer Douglas Denton on this new design for bowtube to hear his thoughts on why the new design was used in 2010.

I have many wooden recurves and longbows in my collection and have used some on stage.  I switched to Aluminum risers many years ago.  I like the beauty of wood but love the way these metal risers shoot.

This is an out of the box design and I am excited about shooting this bow.  I wanted to share my thoughts and hear yours.

Thanks-

Shoot Straight,
Frank Addington, Jr.
Shoot Straight,
Frank

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt Recurve
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »
They look a bit more radical where the limb connects . I might get one for target competition at some stage . i think a new in 23" , black of course would be a sweet setup when coupled with some 38# longs .....   personal bests at 50 yards here i come ....

Ben
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline Aspirinbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
I had them send the longest limb/riser they make for my show bows.  I love a long recurve.

Stacy Groscup liked them as short as he could get them.  It's all personal preference I suppose.
Shoot Straight,
Frank

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »
Frank,
for the type of shooting you do, what type of arrow rest do you use?

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:34:00 PM »
I have been eye-balling a new Hoyt ILF for a couple years now. Right now I'm shooting a Dorado and love it and would love to upgrade. When the Nexus came out I just about got one but opted not to, dumb idea, now I have to scratch up the money again. Love those HOYTS!!

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
How do you get pics?

Offline Aspirinbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
You can visit the bow manufacturer's website to see the new bows... in keeping with the rules I won't type it but Hoyt makes the bow so... that would be the website.  The recurve section.

The rest I use is one my father custom makes out of layersof leather and wood glue.  It works extremely well.   I have to have a rest that is #1 accurate and #2 allows me to also be accurate shooting up to six arrows at once.

Shoot Straight,
Frank
Shoot Straight,
Frank

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©