3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: David Miller @ K-Zoo Show  (Read 376 times)

Offline archeryelk*

• Trad Bowhunter
David Miller @ K-Zoo Show
« on: February 02, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
I've been thinking of buying a Hill style bow for a while now. I went to the show intending on buying a Northern Mist classic. I went straight to Steve's area and started to ask questions and shot a few of his bows. One in particuler I liked better than the others. I decided to go on a  walk about and think the purchase over a little before taking the plunge, when I came across David Miller who had a few of his bows to show. I instantly fell in love with his Ol Tom model. Heck of a nice guy to talk to also. He told of all his methods of making his bows in the true Hill style. To make a long story short I ordered one of his bows. Yew lams, Myrtle wood riser, brown glass on the back and white on the belly. 68" 63#@28"  Mr. Miller said it would be 8-12 weeks to get it. I was hoping I could get some of you guys, who own Ol Tom, to post some pictures and describe how well you like it. Thank-You

Offline Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: David Miller @ K-Zoo Show
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
i love my Ol' Tom ...66" string follow with yew lams ... one sweet shooting bow and Dave is a great guy to deal with . now you'll have to get a Northern Mist off Steve to compare !!! lol ! did you get string follow or set back ?
do a search here as i have recently posted some pics .

Ben
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »
I love my Ol Tom as well.I talked with David yesterday and he did very well at Kalamazoo which I am very happy about. He is a top shelf bowyer and you did well in getting a true Hill style bow by a guy who builds them to perfection. Flint

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »
I talked with Dave for quite awhile at the show and listened in when he was talking with others.  I was impressed with him and his bows.  The Ol Tom he had there was getting ready to be shipped to a friend of mine back here in Pa.  May have to consider Dave in the future.

Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline archeryelk*

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
I went with the set back design. Mr. Miller thought the yew lams were a little softer in the hand upon release than bamboo, so was my reasoning for that design.  It is going to be a long 8-12 week wait. But it will be worth it.

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
I shot that thing...very cool! I brought home his pamphlet....

Offline JohnI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 04:56:00 AM »
David is a great guy. I have two of his bows a split bamboo and a custom string follow excellent craftmanship and great shooters. You are going to love your bow.

Offline Milk River Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 05:36:00 AM »
congratulations on you decision.  The tough part is waiting, for sure!

Offline GregD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 05:50:00 AM »
Did Dave have any of his new design bows there? I know he was talking about marketing a new bow after the new year and was wondering if anyone got a chance to shoot it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©