3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stump shootin' on Sunday (with new resized pics)  (Read 170 times)

Offline stikbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Stump shootin' on Sunday (with new resized pics)
« on: February 04, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
Hey guys, we got a little snow here in S.E. Tennessee so I thought I would get out the bow and go spend some quality time with my oldest daughter Morgan.  We got an awful stump problem in this area and I wanted to do my part to control the population!!  (I was also hoping to run across a rabbit or two but they seem to be on a down cycle here so tracks were even hard to find.)  

Morgan and myself loaded up a little backback with some water and snacks and hit the woods.  Man it was beautiful out there!!!!    

We had not gone too far when we came across my grandmother's deerstand.  She is 83 and still manages to spend a little time in the woods.    

Like most kids, Morgan was full of questions, "What kind of tracks are these dad? Do you think we will see any deer?"  I can remember when I was the same little wide-eyed kid trying to take it all in.  Like I said before the woods were gorgeous.  

I had grown up roaming all over this end of the mountain, trapping, hunting, catching crawdads in the creeks.... you know, the important stuff.  I was shocked at how much it had changed.  Alot of the woods near my parents house had been clearcut, so I was trying to explain how things looked when I was a kid roaming around these woods.  

I even found a stump or two to shoot.

Here is the bow, given to me by my good buddy Jim Feilds.  

And here is a pic of my oldest daughter Morgan!!  
We did come across some coyote tracks, which started a whole 'nother line of questioning by Morgan,,,, what do they eat, will they eat us, you know the usual!!  
All in all it was a great afternoon spent in a place that I love with someone that I love.  

She is wanting a bow something fierce now so it looks like dear ol' dad is gonna have to save some money and get her one.  

Thanks for reading!!
Don't ask for an easier life; ask to be a stronger person.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stump shootin' on Sunday (with new resized pics)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:53:00 AM »
Cool pics. It is always nice to see other parts of the country.

Paul
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 01:30:00 AM »
Awesome pics and it looks like she loves being there with you....hope she doesn't gro out of that feeling

Jer Bear

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 04:27:00 AM »
Thanks for the pics. It's nice to see someone else have fun with the white stuff lol.

She's a little sweetheart, so how are you handling the boys lol or has it started yet.  Your a very lucky dad, enjoy them while you can they grow up so fast.

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 05:19:00 AM »
Nice.
But most impressive is that youre grandma with 83 years still goes into a stand for deerhunting! Congrats to the old lady for that stamina and agility in this high age!
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline stikbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
pics resized!!!  Sorry about that!!
Don't ask for an easier life; ask to be a stronger person.

Offline Jmgcurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
Fantastic and don't save too long she will be grown. Just buy it! Moments like that and the friendship with your daughter is too valuable to waste saving. Mine are grown now with children and other priorities.

Savour the Moment!
Life is not about surviving the storm, but learning to dance in the rain!
Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD,... Psalm 33:12

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »
Awesome pics Chuck!  Grandma must be must be a hoot!  A tough hoot at that!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 07:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jmgcurve:
Fantastic and don't save too long she will be grown. Just buy it! Moments like that and the friendship with your daughter is too valuable to waste saving. Mine are grown now with children and other priorities.

Savour the Moment!
Please allow me to second what Michael is telling you. I can guarantee you that you'll never once be heard saying "raising these kids took forever!". They are grown and out of the house in the blink of an eye.

Thank you for sharing something as special as your daughter with us.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©