3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ASAT Leafy Suits?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline sveltri

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ASAT Leafy Suits?
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »
I'm also no longer impressed with shotgunned turkey's, regardless of the camo used to get within shotgun range.

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
The Kill Suit looks nice but appears to be more for gun hunters since the pieces of long  fabric would cause issues shooting a bow.  I am sticking with the ASAT leafy suit since it has proven itself over and over for me.
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2014, 08:14:00 AM »
Steve - I shoot a longbow and have no problems but I did cut the strips shorter on left side of chest and left inside arm.

Like I said in the beginning I posted this as another alternative if you love your ASAT suits then wear them....

We could go on and on about which is best - wear what you want - pictures and videos are available for all to make their own decision.

For eveyone else - I really don't endorse any product I just thought some of you might like to see an American made product that I personally believe is far superior to other 3D suits.  but that is MHO only.

BTW - they have a killer snow camo version - but I know...... ASAT will work better there also.....  At 59 bucks - you can dang near buy all three suits for the price of ONE ASAT suit.

Sveltri - sorry you don't get impressed by a shotgun turkey - perhpas one day I can aspire to rise to your level
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
It appears they have a leafy kill suit for 75 dollars that looks awesome! I just Googled woodland kill suit. It would be a tough call between the ASAT and the suit I found.....

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
@ Mike - very Quiet
JKM 97 - It is a mesh suit so it by itself is not hot - I wear mine in July hunting pigs and coyotes
For those that were interested in the Kill Suit – I want to correct a few assumptions made by someone that has never worn a Kill Suit.   I choose to carry my suit in as that is how I hunt deer (not because I can't wear it while walking in).  I don’t put on my camo until I am at my tree way before daylight.  If I was hunting ELK I have no problem wearing it all day.  It gets HOT down here in Texas and I just like to have fresh camo when I get to my hunting spot….  When I do get to hunt Elk – I have no problem wearing it all day and it blends into more environments (desert camo) than any other suit or camo I have every worn.  The kill suit weighs no more than any leafy suit – in fact it usually weighs less and compacts tighter then most.

IMHO the brown Kill Suit will do ANYTHING that any ASAT suit will do…. And I believe it is   far superior at breaking up the human outline and hiding slight movement.  I posted three pics of the suit with nothing in front of it and to my eyes it still does a good job of breaking up the human outline.  Perhaps someone can post some pics of ASAT or other leafy wear suits and compare?  

Yes coyotes have superior sniffers – but ANYONE that doesn’t appreciate their eyesight has not hunted them much.

I’m done on this post – if you are interested in learning more there are several videos on you tube and lots of pictures on the all predator calls website.  At 59 bucks I think they are the very best deal, and the very best camo, currently available.

Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
Yes  - buckeye hunter is correct,  they just came out with a leafy wear suit.

Lots of James Berry Bows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©