3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joey Buchanan at Kalamazoo  (Read 481 times)

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
Joey Buchanan at Kalamazoo
« on: February 05, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
I just wanted to drop a note of thanks to Joey for the great seminar at Kalamazoo this year.  It was really inspiring and thought provoking.  My home was visited by a thief last year who stole most of our firearms.  None were recovered but I did manage to replace, a few for my son and I (home owners policy stunk).  Anyway after this seminar, I think I will go after turkeys with a bow this year.  My son can back me up with the shotgun (because we all know that turkeys are considered dangerous game   ;)  )  Actually he has never killed a turkey and I really would enjoy being there when he does.  Joey, if you read this, thanks again and one question.  Can you give me the websites you mentioned that sell turkey call making supplies?

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Joey Buchanan at Kalamazoo
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
I only understood half what he said, all that ya'll stuff make it hard to cypher  :bigsmyl:  Joey, can you explain that clock-wise counter-clockwise deal with the pot calls?  I did learn a lot and will slow down with that box call to get that break over, thanks for the tips!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
I believe the site was customsawing.com

Joey's seminar was beyond excellent... informative, fun, and a great look at some methods I've never considered.  Sat through it TWICE, and would have gone yet again if there had been the opportunity!!

Thanks, Joey, for what you've put together, and for being good enough to share it!

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
Ya'll quit it!!!!  I definitely had more fun than ya'll did. I just love talking about turkey bowhunting, it was all my pleasure. Thank ya'll for the kind words. I have always wanted to do something up north and meet the backbone bowhunters of our sport..thank you

Wveer...here are some sites i go to.  customsawing.com, customcalls.com and try this site to buy $1.25 mouth calls, all you have to do is cut the reeds how you want them...pioneerturkeycalls.com (this is where i buy my mouth call supplies)

Owlbait..i do counterclock wise for yelps,drag down slashes for clucks and fast drag down forcuts and MMMs at top for Key Keys which I forgot to do.never pick your peg up but learn to slide across the face of pot..To Jake gobble on mouth call, I do Boy Boy Boy Tooka tooka tooka...it's a fantastic call that sometimes jerks a mature gobbler out of a flock..hope this helps

Hawkeye ..thanks so much and enjoyed meeting you...it's was my second seminar but i'm constantly changing the powerpoint from feedback i get. Gene W wants we to spend more time on calling at my next one at PBS, i will and also Decoy when to use Jakes or hens or both.and go over some hang up scenerios.And i forgot on my first one saturday to really go over left side set ups in my chair and how i get still, Marty pointed that out to me when i finished....but i utimately try to make it fun and funny and try not to come across as a know it all because I don't. i learn something everytime i work a bird...
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »
Joey for the first seminar you did awesome.  Turkeys are very tough to get and you were very informative.  No matter what were hunting we are all students in the wild.  Thats one thing I love about being outdoors and hunting.  Looking forward to your seminar at the PBS.  Be careful and keep shooting straight, David.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 05:59:00 AM »
Joey took a very complicated topic and broke it down so it was easily understandable.  I especially liked his flow chart which gave situations and how to handle them.  I'm looking forward to sitting thru it again at PBS so I can absorb another 10%.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »
I wanna see Joey's seminar bad    :pray:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »
Guru- you better go to a hog seminar as often as you've been huntin them! Good luck with those Wensel fella's next week and don't believe a word they say about your friend Biggie. Word on the street is that Gene snored thru Joey's seminar and he lost a flashlight sale!

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 07:29:00 AM »
I too, enjoyed joey's talk. I plan on putting some of his tatics to the test sooner than later. It sure is nice though, to be able to scratch and move around in a blind. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »
Joey, I was able to see your seminar at the PBS in Pittsburgh, didn't catch it at Kzoo, and won't catch you in Nashville, any chance you would make a DVD of your seminar at Nashville?

I thought the info was outstanding and very well presented, but being over 45 and having a short memory span, I soon went into memory overload.

:bigsmyl:
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »
I messed up and missed seeing Joey in Pittsburgh. Was in the booth all weekend in Kazoo and couldn't get away.
I will NOT be denied in Nashville!!!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 08:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by 4runr:
Joey,  any chance you would make a DVD of your seminar at Nashville?

I ain't beggin, just askin    :bigsmyl:  
Make that X2    :notworthy:
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
Thanks Joey for the call making info.

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »
I plan on seeing him at Nashville, I can't wait.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
So Joe,
You say you do CCW for yelps.  But, are you right-handed or left-handed?
homebru

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
Clockwise is clockwise no matter what handed but I think Joey said sometimes you have to stand on your head to get it to sound right. Actually, I commented on that directional striker stuff because Joey said to move CCW and I am also right handed but go cw. Maybe because I'm a Yankee?
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline scbowhnter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
Joe,

Are you doing a seminar at the NWTF convention in Nsshville?
CJ

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
Golly Joebuck...your a lot sharper then Biggie made out...

Just kidding , great job.RC

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
SC,

I don't know about the NWTF, but Joey is doing a seminar for us at the PBS Gathering in Nashville the last weekend of March.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Who's Joey???
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©