3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow PCH  (Read 477 times)

Offline Sharp Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow PCH
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »
I got a new BW catalog today an notice the new PCH bow. I liked the looks of this bow alot! Has anyone shot this bow? The shorter riser, 14", may allow us long arm shooters to shoot a shorter bow? I have a 30" draw and have always shot 60-62" bows, but would like a 58" for tree stands. Tony

Offline SactoBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow PCH
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:07:00 AM »
I belong to the Widow Wall forum and BW owners are raving about the PCH.  They even have a thread about who is selling what to fund a PCH.

Nice thing about BW is that they have a demo program.  You can get one and shoot it for a week.  If you don't like it, just send it back.

Bill

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
The PCH is a super addition to the Widow lineup. Wow, is mine a shooter!

Offline Pops

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
I got a PCHX at the Kzoo expo best widow
I have ever owned 49@28 58"  :thumbsup:

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »
Fondled a few at K-Zoo but did'nt shoot one, did'nt feel like waiting in line.  Figured they'll be at Comptons in June and I'll shoot one then.  Very fine looking bow.  I'm curious though as to how noisy they are.  I've played heck in the past trying to hush up the PSA and SA I've had.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline sentinel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
Went to Kzoo with the intent of ordering a PCHX. I wanted to check out the different grips that were available as well as the various exotic woods. Wound up ordering a 54" PCHX with the standard grip in Bocote. Just 7 - 9 weeks remaining.

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Just sold my bow and now waiting for a loaner to arrive! Can't wait!

Rusty
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
I shot one for a week....and it was not loud at all with the stock silencers they send out on the 'try before you buy' program.  I was please with how quiet it was...and I'll get mine even more quiet with BowHush and Hush Puppies.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
Hey Pops, what wood was your bow?  I probably shot that one.  Would've came home with a 58" Kingwood PCH if it had the Asbell grip.  Ended up ordering a 58" PCHX.  Now the wait begins.  

I really liked the 58" bow for my 29-29.5" draw.  The 56" was about as smooth without much noticable finger pinch to me, but it didn't shoot as nice for me.  The 58" should be just fine for treestands and blinds.  Can't wait  :D

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
Got mine ordered at the end of January. I ordered a PCH III riser with Ironwood limbs. Now the waiting begins!!! I feel your pain fellers' !!!
I gotta try some them Hush Puppies on it too.
Chinese Proverb: Never remove a fly from a friends forehead with a hatchet...

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
I think I also shot Pops bow at Kalamazoo.I also shot several other PCH models there.I would have brought one home but each one had at least one feature lacking that I wanted.Either too short,too long,too heavy or too light poundage,no Asbell grip,etc.I did end up ordering one from Roger before I left Kalamazoo. I ended up ordering a 58 in. PCH III 47 lbs. at 28 inches split fingered tillering with an Asbell grip.Still trying to decide whether I want the inserts installed or not.Roger said that was one of the last things that they did so I still have some time left to make my mind up.I also ordered a limbbolt Thunderhorn quiver but may have to change that depending on whether I get inserts installed or not.I actually received a receipt from Black Widow in the mail today.
Bear Grizzly 58"        38 lbs@29"
Black Widow PCH III 60" 44 lb@29"
Black Widow PLX 62"     45 lb@28"
Kentuckian Flatbow  60" 55 lb@28"

Offline BowTopps

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
Had mine for about Six weeks - 58" PCH-X Asbel grip -  I have just short of a 30" draw and I am very happy with how this bow handles and performs. I do not feel any finger pinch and it draws very smooth to my 30" draw. Love the shorter riser and narrower limbs (compared to the PSA). Mine has no phenolic (limb wedges are Brazilion Rosewood, same as in the riser) - Considerably lighter than a PSA as well.

Thanks - BowTopps (Doug)

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 01:08:00 AM »
Shot one today at the UBM get together, and am already saving up to buy one.  My draw is only 27", and the 54" bow I shot was grouping the arrows right away.  I was shooting one with a low wrist grip since I mostly shoot longbows.  Felt great!
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 01:29:00 AM »

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 01:34:00 AM »
That is not helping me keep my 2 older PSAX bows Doug... why with you posting that bow up all the time!

ak...
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »
I placed an order a week ago......one down nine to go!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 06:30:00 AM »
I recieved mine Friday, it's 58"s 51@27 1/2#s. I had them do it in green to match the Prairie Rattler skins. I also sent them a Schafer riser to customize the grip to my likeing. Man I'll say they nailed it!  It's one Bad looking bow but the weight and the grip are perfect. The grip is high wrist with a typical Schafer shelf. I can switch back and forth with my Schafers and there's no difference in the way they feel. The bows fast and silent with the stock wool silencers they sent. The greenbark as they call it is totally wild in the sun light. I'm going to get some one to help me post some picks.
I was in Jeffro Bodeens school class so my computor skills are'nt up to snuff!

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 06:35:00 AM »
Yes Wapitimike1 post some pics,it is long time that i don't see green.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
Wow Doug, that is one of the nicest looking layups I've seen in a Widow.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
Every PSA or PMA I've had have been great shooters.  My only complaint is the heavy mass of the riser, especially with the PMA. The PCH sounds just right.  I've recently sold a couple of high-end bows with the thought  of "downsizing" my inventory and put some cash back into the general funds. Does me no good to try to downsize...I've ordered a PCH.  :knothead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©