3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dynamic Spine Cal...help!!!  (Read 395 times)

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dynamic Spine Cal...help!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
I have found all bowyers are willing to give you center cut if you call them.  It is usually worth the dime to be certain and can make tuning easier.
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 11:19:00 PM »
How long are the hit inserts?

If im not mistaken the calculator has built into it the lenght of the average insert, because when an insert is glued in that lenght of the arrow becomes non flexable therefore taken out of the arrow lenght. Example if your arrow is 30" and the HIT insert is 3" then your arrow is in effect only 27". Just a thought.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
From Stu's Calculator Directions for inserts longer the 0.9"

Footing

If an internal OR external footing is being utilized then select "YES" from the drop down menu. In
the boxes below enter the length of the footing in inches and also the total weight of the footing.
- An example of an internal footing would be any insert with a length greater than 0.9"
(std. insert length). In that case enter the amount greater than the 0.9" that is already
accounted for automatically.
- An example of an external footing would include be an aluminum shaft glued over the
outside of a carbon shaft. In the case of an external footing enter the total length and
actual weight.
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline hkmp5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
Hello Benny,
I think the issue here is the HIT inserts.  Take a look at the instructions about internal footings.  Turn on the footing option and enter the length of the HIT you are using.....I think things will become much clearer then!  Also, use the 5" feather option as this will be closer to your 4x4 weight.  
Those two change will significantly increase your arrow spine.  
I look forward to seeing how closly it predicts your results so keep us posted!
-Stu

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©