3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone shoot barefingers????  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone shoot barefingers????
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 06:25:00 AM »
I've shot bare fingered for years now. Bows from 40-75# and I have no nerve damage. Brain damage maybe!!! I'm coloused up and don't feel the slightest pain in any shot. Of course if I'm planning on shooting 300 arrows a day I'll put on a baseball batters glove to shoot with. I use this same glove when bowfishing so I don't peal the calouses off with all that shooting. CK

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »
I shoot with a damascus, or a pair of Jersey gloves, or bare finger. Just depends on how lazy I feel that day. Doesn't affect my accuracy either, I shoot equally as bad whatever I use.  :)  Seriously, My glove is worn out and I haven't ordered a new one yet. I started shooting with the Jersey glove because Turkey is coming up and I was surprised how well they work as long as the glove isn't all stretched out.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »
I'll second the peep sight tubing. Works for me.
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 01:29:00 AM »
maniacs....bare fingers...uhhg   :banghead:

Offline david janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 06:51:00 AM »
Thanks for all the great advice everyone.Have a great day.
David Janssen

Offline Old Stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
I have a pair of deerskin work gloves that you can pick up for a 10 spot at any depot store or walmart. get them so they are snug and they will mold to your hand and they are not too hot in the summer because they will soak with sweat in no time and actually cool your hand while maintaining a good grip. And where I hunt there are billions and billions of briars so they almost become a must while in the woods. Did I mention deerskin gloves look cool too?

Bill
Old Stickbow

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
Flatbow, I've been shooting bows in the 53# up to 60# range for 5 years and have had no problems.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Jim Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
Hey, I tried this today, I did shoot better shooting bare fingers. My groups were better bare fingered. I will have to try a triple wrapped serving like Roger Rotthar talked about in "Masters of The Bare Bow".
I have also recently tried a Black Widow glove with the finger overlays. I also shot more accuratly with the glove. I did notice it iratates my upper inside finger tip. (I shoot split finger). Maybe after I get the calouse built up it will be ok. Jim

Offline bigbuckric

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
My son does. He started that way as a child and now at 17 continues. I do it only when I misplace my glove or shoot a few rounds.
Bowhunting...protect it, preserve it, pass it on!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©