3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I need some help on arrows.  (Read 224 times)

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
I need some help on arrows.
« on: February 08, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
Alright to start off with I just recently bought a beautiful Rio Bravo SR Swift. Its 55@28 1/4 cut past center and my draw is 29 or around that. I have a FF string on it witch I just bought along with some MFX classic  340 spine, witch I bought at the trad expo in Kalamazoo.

So here comes my question. I have tried to tune these arrows but I just cant get them to fly right. They keep on going point right Knock left, witch means weak right? I tried lowering the point weight but that did nothing, I have cut them down and that did nothing. I have ran out of things to do and I need some help.

I have searched and could not find anything really to help. So can I do something so I can use these arrows or what arrows can I look at that will work for my bow.
Thanks

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I need some help on arrows.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
Your problem is that you're using some pretty stiff shafts for a 55-60 pound bow, and shortening them/lowering point weight will only make them stiffer. Try adding point weight; it may help...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Dan White

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
What weight tips are you using? What weight inserts?

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
I have 50 grain brass inserts with 100 grain adapter with 125 grain field point.
also I thought if the arrow is showing weak you had to lower the point weight.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »
If it is showing week your right about lowering point weight but there is a posability that the tail could be hitting the riser and giving you a false weak. If you have made changes and got no sign of change try going the other way. Keep adding point weight untill you see a change one way or the other. If it shows weaker then at least you will know which way to go. You need to get some kind of reaction to know which way to go even if the reation you get is the wrong way.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Dan White

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
I would shoot nock a little high and add some weight...got any 145 grain tips?

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
Well I tried them at full length, witch went far left so i cut them down an inch still went left but not as bad. long story short I ended up at 29 inch arrow witch made it come in some but not all the way. I can not go lower then 29 because of my draw length witch is how i figured that i have a draw length around 29.

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
well the arrow is already flying knock high. well a little knock high but as good as i could get it for that night.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
Ahh,sounds like you have been going the right way but just ran out of arrow, i hate when that happens,  try replacing the 50 grain brass incert with the factory incert and see what happens, hope it wont be to lite then. Thats what i hate about carbons for me is by time i get them tuned they are to lite and i dont like weight tubes and all that. I am going to give those AD's a try though and see what happens.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline MSwickard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
So is the side plate short of the centerline or is it cut past?

Offline MSwickard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »
I agree with wtpops.  After re-reading and plugging some number in Stu's Calc.  your bow needs an arrow that Dyan spines around 81.6#.  Your current arrow at 29" BOP w/ 50 gr insert and 225 point is around 62#.

Mike

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »
i believe it would be short of the centerline

Offline MSwickard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
If it is indeed short of center and basically +1/4"  you should be able to have an arrow 30.25" BOP and still use the 125 gr point, 100 gr adaptor and 50 gr insert.  Best way to check is nock an arrow and sight down the arrow with the string centering the limbs.  If the point of the arrow is out to the left of the string it is not cut past center.

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Yes it really does stink runny out of arrow. I am going to try to lighten it up but if that does not work. what arrow would you say could work?

Also the bow is cut past center i know that for a fact for Traditional Bowhunter Magazine told me so.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©