3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison Archery ILF Trial  (Read 420 times)

Offline oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison Archery ILF Trial
« on: February 09, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
I just got off the phone with Bob and Barb at Morrison Archery.  I had called to see if they had a demo program because I have been wanting to try the Cheyenne.  After talking to Bob about the benefits of ILF, he is sending me one to try.  I new nothing about ILF, but I am really interested now.  It is an action wood riser with black phenolic and carbon and foam core recurve limbs, 62# @ 28".  

What do you guys think of the ILF system and Morrison's carbon and foam core limbs?  

I am shooting a Centaur and love it's performance, but I think I shoot better with more mass in the riser.  I had shot a Martin Hunter for many years prior and shot very well with it.  I was blown away when I got the Centaur.  I had never realized the amount of noise and handshock I had been dealing with when shooting the Martin. Always fun to try a new bow.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison Archery ILF Trial
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
You got handshock from a Martin Hunter?  I think it's one of the nicest recurves around for lack of handshock.  That's confusing.    :confused:

Offline oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
I never thought it did, but compared to the Centaur it did.  I still really like my Martin Hunter.  I started shooting it 12-13 years ago, long before I ever learned about tuning the bow or arrows.  It always shot well but I should spend some time messing with it.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
You will like the Morrison ILF. It is a very nice bow.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
That ILF will blow you away after what you have been shooting, i promise.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »
Nothing to not like about the Morrison ILF bows.  The carbon/foam limbs are incredible.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
How do you know which way to adjust the tiller?  What is the effect on the arrow?

Online spotteddog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
Just got my Morrison ILF in the mail yesterday like it so far. Just need to get some time to tinker with it.  Philip

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
Oxnam
Do you shoot split or three under? If split I would adjust tiller to 1/8" pos.If 3 under even tiller.

That is a guide.If you find that you need a very hign nock point then go more neg tiller-less pos.If you nock needs to be very low for good flight than try more pos tiller.

You also take into account how the bow sounds and feels as you are changing the limb timing by adding more or less stress to one limb.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
The Martin likely has a different material string doesn't it? I've found that the material makes all the difference. Just a thought.

Offline oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »
It is a heavy string and I have had to twist it up a lot to get the right brace height.  I am sure there is a lot of extra string.

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »
R H Clark gave you some great advice. It took me some time to get it all figured out, but then again I'm a little slow. Anyway back to the Morrison, when you get a properly tuned arrow for the bow, the tiller that suits your shooting style (I shoot 3 under and have my bow set even tiller), proper nocking point and brace height, these bows shoot fantastic.  Infact my Morrison ilf longbow has become my favorite bow of recent, and I thought I preferd recurves until I got serious about getting this bow tuned to me.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
I final got to test a set of MK Vera Longs. This is the fastest limb I have tested so far. 28" 59.9# 539 gr arrow average 199.3 At 26" 53.7# 483 Gr 193.2. The 26" best by 5 FPS over anything I've test in the ILF. They are pricy ($620)The workmanship is the best I have seen on overseas limbs. Anyway I get to paint them black and put on some Cotton mouth skins and ship them to California.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©