3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KME Showstoppers at Harrisburg  (Read 524 times)

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KME Showstoppers at Harrisburg
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
Sheeeeeew, I am exhausted.  I think most of the East Coast showed up today.  Meet with he guys from KME.  Ron is fantastic to talk to and deal with.  I will share pics tomorrow.  Gotta hit the sack.  

Oh yeah, i gots me a new broadhead sharpening system.  Yep, i was braggin.  Wow, that's so not like me.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
I finally got to the show Sunday and showed up at Ron's booth about noon.  Now I have to tell you up front I have tried about every sharpening method I could find over the past 35 years or so and I had come to the conclusion that I just couldn't sharpen any broadhead.  I brought a Stinger head with me that I had worked on for over an hour with the Lansky system and showed it to Ron and he confirmed what I already knew to be true - that it just wasn't ready to hunt with.  Then he handed me the KME and took the time to walk me through the steps to use it.  He didn't just show me how he did it, he had me sharpen the Stinger I brought while he coached me through the steps.  In less than 5 minutes I had the blade honed to scary shaving sharp.  Ron took what little hair he had left on his arm and cut a big swath off with the blade I had sharpened.  He then showed me how to sharpen bleeder blades and the old Bear greenie heads that I use on occasion. To say I was impressed with the KME would be a gross understatement.  It is an absolutely incredible product and I bought the kit on the spot.  OH, his new stones are awesome by the way.

Everything the gang here has said about Ron and the KME are absolutely true.  He is a very down to earth guy and very patient instructor who makes a great product.  All you guys out there sitting on the fence about whether to get one or not - just do it!  If I can sharpen a head with this system, you can too.

Thanks Ron!

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
Well, made it home around 10 last night... great time but dead on my feet. Still waiting to hear that Jake made it home safe. He was heading straight into another snowstorm.

Just wanted to express our sincere thanks to everyone and let you all know that the highlight of each day was when someone would walk up and introduce themselves as a fellow TGer! When we're dealing with thousands of strangers, it's great to see a friend's face... even if it's for the very first time. You guys are the best!

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
WHEWWWW!!!!  Yes I made it Home.  Had about 2.5 hrs of snow through the mountains in PA but once I hit the OH line I was good.  Just like to thank everyone that stopped.  It was a great time and nice to put faces with names.  We had a good show despite the weather and 2 major Sports Happenings in 9 days.  Like Ron I am beat as well.  Gonna introduce ya'll to the new KME stones this week when I get caught back up.  Stay tuned.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »
I'll be keen to get one of those new stones for my knife sharpener.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©