3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting Chital Deer...(Pics)  (Read 7765 times)

Offline NorthShoreLB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting Chital Deer...(Pics)
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 04:53:00 AM »
Cool stuff
"Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons"

-JAY MASSEY-

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »
You are just trying to torment me aren't you!  That spear grass is nasty stuff alright.  It will go through your pants, the rhino skins you are wearing underneath, and right into your skin and start burrowing.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »
:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »
great photos. Good luck.  :thumbsup:
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »
wow! awesome man i just love the look of that country. everything just seems to fit so well cant wait to get over there!
thanks for sharing
Andy
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »
Cooooollllll
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »
Aussie, that's a gorgeous place you're hunting with some beautiful animals!  I assume it's private ground?
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2006, 04:28:00 AM »
Knife River, yes it is mate. I took me forever to locate this place and I'm kinda the only one that's allowed to hunt here. But that does not stop the darn fence jumpers...  :mad:  

Ben, I've never hunted Samber. But one day....

Now where was I, ahh yes the last morning.

This pic was taken just 5 mins after the last one and as you can see the early morning mist is seeping through.

I had left my sleeping quaters early to get a jump on a nice stag or Doe when I heard the early morning roar of a Rutting Chital stag. I made my way down through the small spring usen all the cover I could when I spot him trying to distroy a small overhanging branch.

He was quartering away from me as I sliped into about 17 yards and I readied myself for the shot. I drew, anchored and dumped the string only to have him turn 180 and jump the string! For a split second i thought i'd busted him through the sholders but by the time my arrow had traveled that short distance he was facen the other way and droping into an angle to start off his run.

My arrow slaped him accross the back and bounced off up into the air at a 30 degree angle and sailed off into the woods.

He stoped at about 50 odd yards and faced me and barked to tell me he'd won again. I'd found my arrow further on and as you can see it sure killed the devil out of this young oak!

Thinking about the shot here in this pic. The way I figure it, I have to be lucky only once. The Deer on the other hand have to be lucky every time!
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2006, 04:30:00 AM »
And another pic, this is the tree that he was a belting up.

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline longbow357

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2006, 06:24:00 AM »
great pics mate - i'm loving this thread!!!  :D  

btw- in the second last pic i see you're wearing a predator camo top - just wonderin is it predator grey or brown?

looks like it does the job in that country.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »
I hope to get down under to hunt someday....between the feral/varmints, buff, hogs and deer species....ya'll got quite the setup!
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline longbow357

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »
and no seasons or tags!!!  :bigsmyl:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »
Great pics great story. Looking forward to the next installment,
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »
The last pic in the first series looks like they have you pegged.  Beautiful pictures of a beautiful land.  Have you tried sitting in those oaks in the morning and waiting for them to come bed under them?  Or is that not done down there?

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2006, 01:25:00 AM »
I have hunted Chital from trees and even had a shot at a doe but again she jumped the string. Chital or Axis deer come from India and have had to mix it with Tigers in the long grass and bush. So as you imagine these deer are very used to things trying to slip up to them in the grass.

What I've been doing of late is try to place in an ambush at a spot I'm hopen the'll come by. But again these fella's are super wired. To put one on the ground with any bow is quite an achivement.

I've had a whoppin total of 3 shots at chital deer. One was just under her rib cage and that was my fault. The other two shots both Stag and Hind (Doe) jumped the string. Chital deer are well knowen in the aussie bowhunter fold as THE hardest to kill(Just ask Joseph). I now have my Widow super quite, for my next venture on the spotted speed machines!

Thanks for looking, in Oz, alan

Offline merciful silence

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2006, 06:17:00 AM »

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »
TTT for Denny's up and comming hunt. Recon time...  ;)

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2007, 01:42:00 AM »
Always a treat Allan! Great photography,animals and land.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2007, 04:24:00 AM »
Interesting that there was a skull cap with some antler under the tree you sunk your arrow into. Great pics, great terrain, great looking deer. Awsome!
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 04:46:00 AM »
G'day Troy,

Yes mate you are right the Tiger sure has made it hard for hunts bowhunters to sneak up on them in the grass.

This thread should give Denny something to dream about.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©