3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I'm thinking of ordering a Checkmate  (Read 782 times)

Offline Three Finger

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm thinking of ordering a Checkmate
« on: February 11, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
I am thinking about ordering a checkmate hunter 2. From what I can tell you can't order strait through the bowyer. So are there any dealers I should avoid. And what is a good dealer to go through.
Thanks
US Army AIRBORNE 95-98
Woodland Hunter 58"48#@28
Hoyt Dorado 55#@28

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I'm thinking of ordering a Checkmate
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
You might want to hold off on a Hunter 2 as there is a Hunter 3 that is waiting to jump out to the general public soon...patience my friend!! I have it in hand right now and this is going to be a sought after bow   :thumbsup:

Offline Three Finger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
Thanks manyletters will do. I don't have all the funds right now. Just the deposit is ready. Looks like it might take a little while to get the bow in my hands any way. Hopefully I could have it by the fall.
US Army AIRBORNE 95-98
Woodland Hunter 58"48#@28
Hoyt Dorado 55#@28

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »
I have a Raven ordered from Chad (LBR). The wait was a little longer than expected but hey, stuff happens. Not sure how long the wait is now, but it's been about a year for me. I would talk a bit with Chad. He seems to know what he's doing...  :bigsmyl:  I have no complaints so far.

Offline dpowers311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Just wondering why they are sold only by dealers?

Dave
Bryan Holley Spirit Longbow
62" 50@28
Timberhawk Falcon
62" 48#@28

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
Historically, Chek-mate has only sold through dealers because they do not have the time to deal with individuals. They are a small operation that builds a ton of quality bows and if they were  answering individual questions and orders from Joe Public, Marc would never get time to build a bow!!

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 06:32:00 PM »
manyletters, any Pics on the H3?

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
drumroll.......
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
Chad for sure at recurves.com

Offline jamed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Wouldn't hesitate about using Chad from recurves.com  .  Really nice guy and doesn't mind taking his time giving more than enough information about any question asked.. Haven't bought a bow from him, but he is the only person I use for any string needs.

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
Chad is great.  O.K., since the cat is already out of the bag... I confess that I ordered a H III last week from recurves.com  

This new offering will combine the best shooting characteristics of both the H1 AND H II. Now that Marc is solidly at the helm of the bow building operation, their is more flexibility and new things available.  

As always, Chad helped me make up my mind on the woods, options, etc.  He's always more than willing to provide insight and answer questions and having one of his nice FF strings on the bow is getting that extra icing on the cake! Great prices and an excellent product.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »
Chad is great to deal with.  Also a super person with a great deal of knowledge, always helpful with any questions you have.  Can't go wrong with him!!!

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline JimmyC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
Now that I think about it, Chad at recurves.com probably should get a large trophy from me for "having been bugged a ton (by me) even though I've bought little!"  Hee, hee   :)  

Seriously, the guy has answered all my emails about strings, bows and bows that I didn't even buy from HIM and he's always nothing but happy to help.  And this has been going on for years folks.

I should add, every purchase I've made has been smooth as silk.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly."--G.K. Chesterton

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 11:31:00 PM »
I bug him about once every other week or more and he's been nothing but nice. Hat's off to Chad.

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 05:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by buckster:
Chad is great.  O.K., since the cat is already out of the bag... I confess that I ordered a GM III last week from recurves.com  

This new offering will combine the best shooting characteristics of both the GM 1 AND GM II. Now that Marc is solidly at the helm of the bow building operation, their is more flexibility and new things available.
Ok, so what is a GM? If you are referring to a Hunter III are you telling us you ordered a bow sight unseen with no pictures? What are the differences or improvements? I am especially curious as I am getting ready to place an order myself.

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »
I got two from Chad and great guy to deal with. Still shooting the bows and also have ordered strings from him...
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 06:39:00 AM »
Never heard of an issue from Chad, the way to go if you need that bow. On another forum some store NAS is getting slammed over a Check-Mate (no service, can't get ahold of them etc..)

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »
I've gotten my last couple H2s and H56s from G&M Archery in Minnesota.  Greg had the woods, lengths, and draw weights I wanted in stock and I had the bows in my hot little hands three days after ordering.  Fast shipping, and Greg is a great guy to deal with.

Chad is a great guy to deal with, but doesn't keep anything in stock as a rule. No slight on Chad intended, that's just the way he does his thing.   Greg just keeps a good supply of H2s and H56s on hand & and ready to ship, so I call him first when I'm in the market...

Special orders through either will take a good 9-10 months for delivery.  No two ways around that.

Have also gotten a couple in-stock from Height Archery in Winnipeg.  The Canadian postal system is slow though, it took 2-3 weeks for delivery, and I only live 180 miles from Winnipeg!  Height will also order for you, but add the above couple weeks to the usual 9-10 month backlog at Chek Mate...

PM sent, Three Fingers...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline 2Knives

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
I really liked my H2 and shot it alot.
I sold it to a guy that wanted to get started in traditional and I already had 6 bows so I thought I should give him a deal on one.
I still wish I had it back...maybe I'll call him!
USAF AMMO Retired

Shoot True!!!
Don't Squat with your Spurs on!

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
Thanks for the good word!

Delivery time is expected to be a little quicker, but with one bowyer there are no guarantees.  A broken machine, a case of the flu, and he gets behind.  Just something you have to allow for when dealing with a single bowyer.

I try to keep a few bows on hand, I usually can't--they sell faster than I can get them.  I do have three left-handed bows right now though.  I only deal with CM bows.

If you want a 56" td, and can find one, you better grab it.  Those are no longer available.

Going to have two new styles available soon--the Hunter III and a short longbow that has yet to be named.  

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©