3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunt More 360 seat  (Read 1079 times)

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunt More 360 seat
« on: February 13, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »
Has anyoone tried one of these?  Has padded back rest and seat, swivels 360 degrees, looks to have adjustable legs.  Pricey but well thought out and if sturdy, could be a chair you use rest of your life.  I've gone through alot of stools, chairs, homemade stuff.  One of my issues is uneven terrain and this is where adjustable legs would be handy.

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunt More 360 seat
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »
I have, they are great, but they are very pricing.  Honestly Double Bull makes a big guy chair that works great for $40 vs $200 granted it doesn't rotate, but if your blind is set up right, it makes no difference.  See the deer in my picture, it was shot from the ground out of that chair.  Again, it's nice, but I can't justify $200 for a chair.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 07:50:00 AM »
I just got one in October as a Birthday present and it is very well built...I will tell you like Mike Mitten told me if you don't have to hike far with it or carry much in to your hunting area then this is a great seat...It takes me a little bit more time to set it up then the directions indicates but I'm slow and it takes me about 5 min. time...You can try it in your living room to get the feel of it before hiking in the woods with it...Put it together several times at home then once you get in the woods you won't be wasteing time trying to remember how it go's together...You can take it hunting, camping, fishing, picnics or like HerdBull does use it at your computer while visiting TradGang...Mike sold me on it and be careful cause you can very well fall asleep and fall out of it..Wear your safety belt!  :D

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 07:58:00 AM »
Forgot to really answer your question...This chair is very well made and the legs are very easy to adjust and they hold you without slipping down...I'm 255# and this thing turns with no noise ...If you plan to stay in your blind for 4 hours then it is well worth the money. I have a 360 Bull stool with adjustable legs and it is noisy,and after about 30 min. sitting I got to stand and relax my back..I had my L-5 worked on with some metal hardware and 4 wicked screws put into my back and that's another reason I like the Huntmore 360...

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »
Tried them last year at Compton.  They are real nice but too much $ for me.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »
I am with djanko, I have the big DB seat and am real happy with it. That said though, if people have special health issues I could definitely see this chair being worth the investment.

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
I'm getting one for next year!  H

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
Looked at them, but too much money for me. I have the DB Magnum chair and even at 6'6", it's very comfortable for me. About 40 bucks.

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »
sounds like a good product!!
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »
I took the plunge.  Haven't had it in the woods yet.  I'm sitting on it now as I type.  No doubt but that it's strong and adjustable and comfortable, the main reasons I bought it.  However, so far, mine has not proved to be quiet.  Generally swivels quietly, but if one leans while swiveling or not, sitting down and getting ouyt of the chair, etc., it often lets out a squeak or groan.  Can get by with those noises with turkeys, perhaps, but not deer. That's why I'm sitting in it now.  I hope to work out a few of the squeaks before season, or at least figure out where to oil it.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »
Every chair I sit in squeaks and groans, Orion - I think they're all defective.

:bigsmyl:  

As to the Huntmore - how are they for carrying? The look heavy and bulky to me but comfie.  

I swear, if anyone ever invented the perfect hunting chair *or* the perfect quiver (bonus points for making the perfect hunting chair that is also the perfect quiver), they should be made President for life.

Offline Bmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
I looked at/sat in them at the Kzoo Expo.  They are comfortable but at about 9-10 pounds and $200 I'll stick with the old folder I already have.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
I don't mind paying for a high quality hunting item. And this seems to be a quality item. I assume it's American made?
I'd like to buy one because it is the most comfortable hunting seat I've ever sat in. But for me, it is too heavy to walk with for any distance and setup is a little too much.
If they can make a light weight version, even if $75-100 more and make set up a 30 second snap, I'd buy one today.

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
Kevin Winkler is a dealer and was showing us the small duffle bag for carrying. The duffle has a  strap that you put over your head onto your shoulder and it hangs neatly on your opposite hip.

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
I see why I could not find anything on a search, I spelled it hunt more instead of huntmore.  Cost is high as a chair but ok as a hunting platform ( same as a good treestand). What is 10 lbs compared to a treestand and steps/ladder? Setup can't be any longer than setting up a stand in a tree.  I have been mulling the idea of ground hunting only for some time but the wiggle factor was too much on any stool/seat I have tried and there is not always a good tree to attach a Torges style seat.  I would probably use a ghillie suit, and maybe a Shaggie shield.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
If you don't like to use a tree stand and worry about falling out spending $200.00 is well worth the seat..I used to put that much in a treestand and safety harness etc. As I get older I like being close to the ground and useing what the good Lord provides as a blind praying it is near a well used trail leading to a feeding or bedding area...Mine is still new to me but when I finally get it leveled and sit in it then I want to stay longer...If it squeeks I think you can loosen the bolts a little so the teflon washers aren't too tight and loosen the straps a little as well...A little bees wax might help if you smear it on the bolt where it rubs against any metal...The feet are big and that helps in keeping the chair from sinking in soft earth...This thing is built like a tank and not everyone wants to put out that much money but I'm not upset one bit for what I paid for mine cause the material to make it isn't cheap I'm sure...Heck you can use it at the office, in your living room or at the "RedNeck" wedding party's this summer...   :goldtooth:

Offline wvtradbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »
I bought one on this site a while ago for a TX javi hunt,when it arrived my first impression was, it's too heavy,too big and you have to assemble it every time you use it,BUT when the hunt arrived and I was sitting in it for long periods of time and Very comfortable an able to swivel for shots,it quickly became my favorite piece of equipment (next to my BW).I also took my double bull seat an used it one night but that comfortable swivel on the Huntmore makes all the difference when using it...
"I strive for mediocrity and sometimes achieve it." a close friend

Offline GregD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
I was just sitting in one at the Harrisburg show, They are very well built, a little heavy and very expensive. If you spend all of your time on the ground though I can't imagine a better built well thought out chair.

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
I would buy one but I just can't get past the nine+ pounds.

I hit the ground a couple of years ago, and one of the reasons that I did that was because I was tired of carrying all of the stuff associated with putting up treestands.

If they could manufacture one at four pounds I'd snap it up. Or if I rode a quad to my stand. I sat in one for a while at Kzoo, and they are NICE!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©