3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunt More 360 seat  (Read 1080 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunt More 360 seat
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »
Good chair with good customer service. As Scott makes improvements he passes them on to his cutomers. It is a little slow for me to set-up, but I can sit all day in it if need be. The rotating seat comes in handy when that bird or deer isn't quite where you expected. Expensive yes. Well designed yes. The adjustable legs and big feet lets you set it up almost anywhere. I like mine. I have a Double Bull chair also and like it. I let my brother use it when we blind hunt together, I get the Huntmore  :)    :thumbsup:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
Beyond,

I'm not hunting from a tent blind. I'm walking out to pre-made "natural cover" ground blinds. If I could have it assembled and leave it in a tent, it's a super chair and weight and setup would be irrelevant.

I have all my "natural" locations set up months in advance. Many are close to bedding area's and I need to slip in and out quickly and quietly.
Even when I hunted out of treestands, I'd never carry one out on my back, get all sweaty and make the noise of set up. My treestands were set, trimmed and camo'd by late July or earlier.

My present chair is a light fold out and sets up in about 10 seconds. I looked at the 360 and setup was far more involved. For that money, it was too bulky for my tastes, once you get a gear bag and back quiver on too, if walking any distance in heavy wool for cold Michigan temps.

I'm also not interested in assembly and disassembly on every sit, nor the maintence.
 http://www.huntmore.biz/maintenance/

I'm not saying it's not a super chair, it is. Beyond comfortable. I'm saying for my specific applications, I'll wait for what I hope will be a more simple lightweight 360 2.0 chair in a year or two.

Frankly, I'd pay $400 for the type of chair I'm hoping for. The comfort and quiet for years and years of hunting enjoyment would be worth every penny to me.

Offline lilbobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
I had one and sold it! It was a nice stool probably the best shooting stool I ever used. Used it hunting for about 2 weeks, for me it was a little too big, it took long to set-up, setting up was noisy, and most of all it was a little to heavy. It just wasn't for me, I still use my double bull stool which is light, quick, and silent.
Conny

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
Mojostick:  I found a "Made in China" sticker on my seat.  Don't know if the entire stand is made there.  Didn't know that when I bought it.  Thought it was all U.S. made.

Keefer:  I believe you have something there.  Loosening the nuts just a little would likely stop some of the squeaks.  I'm going to try that.  

Re its weight and carrying, it has a nice bag with carrying strap that makes it fairly easy to transport regardless of the weight.

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
Does it come with a blind?

(just kidding)

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
Orion,

Huntmore has an upgrade kit that I believe they'll give you free.  They've identified some issues in earlier chairs, stress areas, that can squeak.

Email them for the kit.  I believe I finally have mine all figured out.  All new chairs will have the upgrades as standard material.

http://www.huntmore.biz/

todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »
I'll give it a try, Todd.  Thanks.

Offline Bob Stager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 05:16:00 AM »
I believe the whole chair is made in China. Bob

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 06:27:00 AM »
Haven't tried mine yet but Marty and I both got one at Kzoo. FINALLY a seat that is big enough to be comfortable, yet portable.

March 6th in Florida is test day
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
Anyone see any pictures of it packed up, how big?  

How cumbersome is it to set up and carry?

Someone who has one please describe set up, do you have to take it apart everytime to carry away or could you strap to the back of badlands 2200 or Eberlestock Blue Widow?

If it has to be assembled and disassembled each time that wouldnt be so good a o dark thirty!  SOunds really comfortable but when I hunt from the ground I like the simplicity of it and not all the set up time and noise like when I scurry up a tree!
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
Scott is making improvements that really help quiet the chair in cold weather. My 76 year old father used it exclusively this year and will no longer hunt from tree stand. You can adjust the legs to uneven terrain and the design and padding helps to keep your blood circulating without putting your feet "to sleep" like other stools. Scott is a trad guy who is trying to help us hunt safer. Mike

Offline shadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
The set up was a turn off for me. Very comfortable, but much too complex to set up. Simple, quiet and quick are things that I require in a hunting seat. Other than the set-up, this seat comes close...but no cigar.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
Now see a 76 year old can handle it! Thanks Mike for your input and for helping me to decide on my purchase of one last year...I thought about it for over a year but when I read about the warranty Scott gives and all the info on how to quiet the Huntmore what else could you ask for besides "Free"... It cost to make any product and I'll admit it doe's take practice to set it up quick but I can say it is a seat I'll never part with...It is made very good and much thought was put into the Huntmore...If you are one with Back and leg issues then $200.00 is well worth the seat...That only = about 2 dozen arrows!   :rolleyes:

Offline Morgan Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »
A friend of mine has one. It is extremely quiet and easy to turn.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison;

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
I think the new Buckles or clasps will make a huge improvement in how easy it is to set up. The other ones were too small to quickly feed the strap through. I know I'll be happy to sit in it this coming turkey season.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
Guys...not my post of 2-17, said I couldn't justify the money for the chair??  Well guess what, I knew it was the best and I finally spent the money for the best chair on the market and know that this turkey season and next years deer season and seasons to come I will be comfortable and I will be able to stay in my ground bling longer.  Also, I tip the scales at 250+ and this chair extremely sturdy!!!  All you ground blind guys need to consider one of these...no I should say you need to buy one!  Call Scott at 6163994673, you won't be disappointed.

Dan

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »
My Dad came over last night to get the 360 chair. Seems he is leaving early in the moring and driving 3 hours to get into the woods before daylight to hunt coyotes. He is 76 years old! He ask me if he should bring the chair back because he doesn't want anyone to steal it from the blind. I guess he values it. Ha!

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
Like I said...this chair is the best.  I'm 61 and I think it's as important as having a good bow.  You need to be comfortable to stay out there and the huntmore chair does that!!

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
great hunting chairs

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
Have you guys who use a popup blind checked out the Magnus Rackpack? It's a pack which transports a blind and also converts into a pretty cool chair in about five seconds. It even has an adjustable head rest. I got one and havn't really used it yet, but will give it a workout in a couple of weeks with the turkeys. From what I've read, everyone who has them says they're great.

As far as the Huntmore chair is concerned, it looks very comfortable, but I wouldn't tote a chair into the woods which weighed close to ten pounds. I believe the Rackpack weighs about half that much. Do a search and check'em out.
N/A

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©