3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is your favorite quiver style?  (Read 897 times)

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is your favorite quiver style?
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
My favorite at the moment is my quiver i have on my Widow. It pops right off and i can stick it in my back pack while sitting in my stand.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
I've tried them all. There are good points for all as well as bad points for all. Never liked the extra weight added to the bow with a bow quiver. The bow just (IMHO) didn't feel right. Side quivers are OK, but were troublesome in getting through some brushy areas. Had a catquiver, sold it. Now I carry my stuff in a back quiver and when in a tree stand, I use a Kwikee with a cord looped around it and hang it from a limb.
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
I always have a quiver on my bow full with 5 arrows, then I also carry a back quiver.  I like the feel of a back quiver when roaming, but like the arrows to be at my finger tips when hunting.
>>>--------->

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
Yea i have the EFA quiver on a couple of my bows and it doesnt effect the way my bow shoots at all.

If anything it helps improve my shooting with the very light added weight.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
I voted "side quiver", but I hesitate to call my GFA just a side quiver. I was using it today on a 3D range....it was a side quiver, a back quiver, and every position in between. Great quiver.

Offline CallMaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
When using a recurve I like a bow quiver, with a longbow my Bowers "Chief" gets the nod.
Ed Blankinship

Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
                     http://www.pcba-inc.org/

Offline Mike Gibbs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Tried 'em all. Settled on a side quiver from Stephen Catts, aka The Hide Handler. It has 5 "slots" to accept either 5 2-bladed broadheads or 10 fieldpoint/blunts.  Absolutely will not "flag" like most sidequivers.  Does not need to be tied to your leg. It stays put.  Arrow retrieval is quiet, with minimal movement; muchless movement than any other I've tried.  If you like white fletching, that's okay, because you can slide the quiver behind your back and the fletching end of your arrows tuck in behind you, but are still readily accessible.  The best quiver ever built, IMO.  That said, I added sheep shearling to keep my aluminum shafts from making noise against the leather.  Easy to do.

Offline twostrings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
In an ideal world, my bow would not have anything attached to it. But having it mounted to my bow is soooo convenient and easy.

Offline grizzlyxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
I like bow quivers, perfer GN. Never take them off, even in off season when shooting 3D.

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
Cat mini for hunting.....open back for roving and target.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
John, perhaps I oversimplified, but the fact is my bow required 5# less spine to bare shaft correctly with a quiver on the bow, and I found the same to be true for many other people when I was in the arrow shaft business and bare shaft matching people regularly.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
Don Stokes

Its like runnin barefooted all your life....then one day you put some shoes on and it all feels and performs diffrent. Tune your bow to what your wearing.

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
Im glad to see Im not the only one that has not found "the perfect" Quiver. I like the idea of having my arrows handy and on my bow, but I do not like the idea of the arrows adding visual mass to my bow for the deer to spot when trying to draw. I also believe that I should be using the same quiver when practicing or hunting, not constantly changing like I find myself doing. I think Im going to give a sidequiver a serious try again. Hopefully someone posts the perfect answer ! LOL
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
Kind of hard to answer.  I use a belt cruiser quiver for 3-D, an Arrowmaster on the ground for deer, small game, and stumping, a bow quiver from a tree for deer.  All 3 are my favorites depending on what I'm doing.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Zipperhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »
I like the limb bolt on.  It's stable and quiet for me.  Sure wouldn't put any holes in any of my bows.

Offline bearsfeet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
I love my strap on EFA totem 4 arrow quiver!
Great quiver makes no noise and is the lightes I have tried. I like to shoot without a quiver but whith my hunting style a back or side quiver is not an option. The EFA is about as close I came to having nothing on the bow. I am very pleased with it!
Levi Bedortha

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »
This is for me a quest for the perfect quiver pack combo. I do use the gfa and it works good. I just purchased a smaller pack with a side quiver attached on the side I will see how it works. So for now the search goes on.

Offline NW Jamie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »
I voted for side quiver as it is the one that most often goes with me. I do not like a quiver on the bow.
Regard’s,
Jim

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
Just bought a GFA quiver.  I have always used a bow quiver untin now.  I really like this one, well, as much as a person can like a quiver.

However, this one is really special.  I ordered the moose hide one from Ron LaClair and asked him to sign it also.  2 signatures,sweet!
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
I like the side quiver but have had bad experiences while still hunting. Going to try a "boa".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©