3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribow Peregrine or Black Widow PLV?  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Bahrzoo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribow Peregrine or Black Widow PLV?
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
Widow

Offline Featherman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
I've shot and owned both, sold the BWs and probably own over a dozen of Abe's bows, each is a work of art. All on my Cari-bows look awesome and shoot great.

Good luck on your decision

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 01:30:00 AM »

i too have had quite a few widows.i have not picked up another bow since i bought this cari-bow tuktu one piece.....unreal bows man.you cannot go wrong with a cari-bow...they are an awesome looking awesome performing bow.  :readit:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 01:39:00 AM »
i will also add that cari-bows are still handmade and they sure look sweet.my tuktu is very fast compared to my plx but its a recurve also.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 01:42:00 AM »
Your Tuktu really looks great! The Tuktu is an option for me too... So they shoot great and does it have a smooth draw?
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 02:06:00 AM »
you'll love it man.smoother than my plx widow and with this grip its impossible to grab the handle wrong.this is by far the best bow i have and i really did not like one piece recurves but i guess i was wrong.i have another one ordered just like this one but with horn tips and horn on handle and thumbrest.if you get a tuktu you'll love it i promise.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 02:20:00 AM »
i also ordered my new one with bamboo cores which will make it even smoother and faster.(i cannot imagine these being any smoother but it will be)

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2010, 02:40:00 AM »
do all of the Cari-bow long bows have a "thumb rest"??  Cant tell from the web site.

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2010, 04:02:00 AM »
So many bows - so little time.  Try both.  H

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 08:13:00 AM »
I have never owned a black widow bow but I have two caribow longbows.
I have absolutely no hesitation to recommend Abe's bows as highly as can possibly be recommended!

Hmmmm...telling everybody might mean I'm going to have to wait longer for my next one...hmmmm...and maybe the price is going to go up...hmmmm....oh well, it's too late now!
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Lamey:
do all of the Cari-bow long bows have a "thumb rest"??  Cant tell from the web site.
Lamey: I have shot the Cari-bow Silver Fox & Wolverine longbows, both had thumb rests.  I can't speak to the Featherhorn or Peregrin (others on here will know for sure) but I assume they also have thumb rests. Cari-bow grips are amazing, I'm currently saving up.
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline Darren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
I have been hunting with a Cari-Bow for over 15 years,and I own many of them, I even have one of the original "featherhorns". You can not go wrong with a Cari-bow. And Abe has always been on time with the due date on an ordered bow. I ordered a bow from anouther well known bowyer in the summer time,and I was told the bow was going to be done by the end of september 09......Guess what, still waiting. Good thing I paid for the bow in full. I think I am going to ask for my money back and order a wolverine.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »
you have to request and pay a little extra for the thumbrest but its well worth it.

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
No, the thumbrest is standard and doesn't cost anything extra.It costs only extra if you want it with an antler overlay...
Now stop this thread! This is going to cost me some serious money and Abe sold already two bows from his new inventory I just saw....  :(
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
Or Ad you can choose the Cape Buffalo "horn" instead of antler...it looks really nice.   :cool:
You should just go ahead and place your order now & get the Black Widow also.  Then you can do a head to head comparison and stop all of this supposition!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
Ok in that case I will order an Howard Hill too, just to see what they do....
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »
howard hill? howard hill?? nawwwwwwwwww...

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
wow i may be changing my horn one to the cape buff...that will look way to sweet with the coco and wenge

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Flying Dutchman:
No, the thumbrest is standard and doesn't cost anything extra.It costs only extra if you want it with an antler overlay...
Now stop this thread! This is going to cost me some serious money and Abe sold already two bows from his new inventory I just saw....   :(  
I'm not surprised that the Wolverine with Thuya Burl/Chechen Diamond seriers riser with Redwood burl Veneer is gone, what a beautiful bow. Someday I'll own one, hopefully sooner than later.
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
Yeah that Wolverine was a beauty indeed.....
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©