3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many of us Trad Gangers are guilty???  (Read 580 times)

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
How many of us Trad Gangers are guilty???
« on: February 14, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
Of driving bowyers crazy!   :readit:   If I ever did I APOLOGIZE to the many I have dealt with!   :bigsmyl:   Cabin fever is setting in now    :biglaugh:  Thanks to the  Bowyers!

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many of us Trad Gangers are guilty???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »
I just wished that the Bowyer who promised my bow by October last year would hurry up and send it to me.

Its a shame because i was so excited about this bow and now i have a bad taste in my mouth over the whole deal.

May sell it as soon as it comes in because his customer service would have to be the worst after dealing with him and hearing every excuse you can imagine.

From now on im going to stick with the proven bowyers like Bob Morrison. He let me change my order just a few days before he was going to ship my bow, top that.

The guys at Black Widow spent all day helping me decide which bow i should order. I wasnt going to even buy one from them but dang what a bunch of nice guys. Oh and the bow they built me (PSA X) is my go to bow.

The guys at A@H, i kept a set of brand new limbs for over a week and decided they were to heavy. called them up and 2 days later i had a new set of limbs.

I have called Bob before and talked to him for over a hour about what type of bow would fit me best and the limb combo.

A few weeks ago i had a string come apart and i called Bobs wife and she sent me another one 2 days later.

So i would like to apologize to Bob on this open forum.

Hey Bob i will call you monday.  :biglaugh:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
Joe,
 Don't guess I have worried them too much. I also wish the bowyer that promised my bow by September 09' would follow through, been paid for and it is a replacement for one I had three weeks back in June and the top limb twisted. Wonder if it's the same fellow were dealing with, he's in Bama. I can't even get a answer or a return call.   :banghead:  . But a apology may be coming cause I am calling Jim @ Centaur tomorrow to worry him...   :D  

Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
I drove Roy Hall (Navajo) nuts before buying my first custom bow (ever) from him.  Even then, I didn't keep it, but I'll recmommend Roy because he's a great guy to deal with and makes one heck of a nice bow.

Chad

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »
Froggy the guy im talking about is not from Bama but it sounds like you have been there and done that.  :banghead:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »
I don't think an apology is warranted. Unless you changed the riser woods! !! And if the veneers, shame on you!

Because Bowyers are in the service industry, (just like I am). Handling a clients many requests for info, clarification, re-assurance and mind changes are part of the job. Curmudgeon bowyers may be quaint, but they won't have a lot of business, even though that may make them even more "desirable".

I  have noticed that in my business (cabinets/small remodels) those shops who wanted minimal client contact to be the norm are already out of business in this economy.

Joshua, who drove his bowyer nuts too...
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline Jim Jackson

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »
Morrison, Black Widow, A&H - Common thread for each of those is their computer assisted design and construction.  Easier for those guys to adjust and adapt to the last minute changes thrown at them.

The bowyer that promised the bow in October probably doesn't have that luxury.  The little guys working with handtools are subject to more difficulties and delays.

Nothing against the CAD/CAM/CNC guys, just a good thing for all of us armchair bowyers to remember as we anxiously await a bow for 6 months to a year...
Blaze out your own trail.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
A Kinslow when i ordered my bow it was in march 2009 and the guy told me he only builds a couple a bows a month.

I told him i was new to trad archery and would need the bow by October 15, opening day of archery season.

He told me that wouldnt be a problem at all and said he would have it done before then.

I called him in september and told him i was going to go ahead and send the remaining balance and he said yea that will work.

Called him in early October and he said he would have it done by christmas and there was only 2 bows ahead of mine.

The last time i talked to him he said he would call me the first of Feb. and go over the details.

Not a word from him.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
I probably drive them crazy for another reason.

I started building my own a couple years ago, but whenever I go to a big shoot, like Denton Hill, I'm always asking them a bunch of questions about bow design/construction.  They waste their time talking to me without any hope of selling a bow.  Makes me feel a little guilty, but all seem to be very willing to talk and give advice.  

To all the bowyers I've bugged at Denton Hill - Thank you.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline White Oak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
Hey Chad, I believe we paid you back for tormenting Roy. We had 3 Chek-mates ordered at the same time and requested several changes during  the wait which you passed on to Mark. The bows arrived exactly as we ordered them (several times). We DO still have the bows and wouldn't trade them. I would highly recommend Chad as he was always helpful, never lost his temper, and came through with all of our changes in the end.
SOooo, after a few years and over due, sorry Chad!!
  :eek:  
By the way, I have one of Roys bows hanging here and he is another great guy to deal with.
Take care,
Ed

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »
Never. Okay, a little bit. Well, actually, I just emailed him... I'd also like to thank Chad for puuting up with my nosiness.

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
im pretty sure big jim was annoyed with all of my emails leading up to the day I actually paid a deposit for my order  :)

the bow I am getting is 100% opposite of the original idea I had.
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »
:clapper:

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
Oh yeah ordered a Shawnee with "A" longbow limbs Bob and I talked about my maybe not being able to handle the short limbs! Well he was right and he took them back and I changed my order to "B" recurves , no problem says Bob untill he sends me "B" longbow limbs oops , well he is now working on the recurve limbs these are the fifth set of limbs because it took 2 sets to get the "A" longbows right! Bob has to be getting tired of me.    :banghead:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
Just did that with Brandon Stahl at Rose Oak.  Changed the riser from Black Phenolic to Leopardwood.  Brandon said it was no problem - hadn't started on it yet.  Still felt a little guilty about it - but then again it's kind of his fault for updating his website  -- or maybe my fault for looking at the website . . . ha!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »
Stiffrod....after bowhunting with you the past few Januarys.....you owe Team Pink an apology!!!

:scared:    :eek:    :mad:    :rolleyes:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline ChetterB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
I am guilty not of changing my order, or anything like that, I am guilty of wanting updates as the build process is in progress. I do not have the skills to build one, so I ask the bowyers ( Mike Rash Legends bows for T/D recurves & Ken of Whippenstick for 1 piece recurves)to keep me informed as to how the build is going. It tends to start my "love affair" with the bow. I always apoligize I am like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Thanks Jerry

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »
On one hand....YES...I apologize.  I have a new bow coming, next month, and my "new bow" will actually be marrying my existing riser with new limbs.....and marrying my existing limbs with my new riser.  To my surprise, there's no added cost for my "want".

On the other hand, I'm paying a lot of money for my new bow.  I applaud them for recognizing this, and working with me.

You know who you are.....and I thank you.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
Skipper    :goldtooth:  OK I APOLOGIZE for hunting with you!!!

Offline Jim Jackson

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »
[I told him i was new to trad archery and would need the bow by October 15, opening day of archery season.  He told me that wouldnt be a problem at all and said he would have it done before then.  I called him in september and told him i was going to go ahead and send the remaining balance and he said yea that will work.  Called him in early October and he said he would have it done by christmas and there was only 2 bows ahead of mine.  The last time i talked to him he said he would call me the first of Feb. and go over the details.  Not a word from him.  -------------------- Joe Van Kilpatrick

Joe, that does indeed sound like a problem.  No offense meant.  Hope it works out for you, if not Bill Dunn, Bob Morrison, Charlie Lamb or the myriad of others here will make you proud.
Blaze out your own trail.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©