3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grizzly Stick Sitka Arrpws  (Read 397 times)

Offline Kajun Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Grizzly Stick Sitka Arrpws
« on: February 14, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
I am wondering if any of you have used the Grizzly Stick Sitka Arrows.  What are the pros and cons.  They have a high FOC, supposed the shoot like darts, and are decent looking.  Rather on the expensive side.  I shoot a 50lb Dorado at 28 inches.  I know the Sitka is what I should be shooting.  Please enlighten me on the quality of these arrows.  I hear good and bad about them.

Offline stickbowguy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grizzly Stick Sitka Arrpws
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
I shoot these and love them, shooting 290gr heads on them and have 315 feild points and yes they fly like darts. That was out of a 48#@28" holm. I for one like them, they are tuff but you can brake them but you can others too.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
I shoot 29 1/2" Sitkas with 125 grain points out of my 46# Black Widow and they fly nice.  I broke a couple shooting at my target.  I keep hitting them with the next shot.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Bobby Castello

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
Started shooting Sitka's this past hunting season.They shoot great out of my 55# Acadian Woods Tree Stick and my 51# Caribow Perigrine longbows.Shoot 29" arrows with 125 gr Woodsman Elite broadheads. Had a pass thru on a doe and shot a 230 lb hog from a treestand walking away from me. The arrow entered high mid back and came out his chest. I was very hapy with the results of both shots. I'll be hunting with these
arrows again next year.
Hunt hard,but have fun!

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
They are a touch week for my 51 and 52 Silvertip recurves. I have a 52# Silvertip longbow and Lone Wolf autumn storm longbow that seem to like them quite a bit. I am pleased with their performance.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Ray Borbon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »
I shot them out of my 58 lb longbow this Saturday. They spun around and were erratic. Looked like a weak spine. Stronger would probably be better. I picked up some blemished ones. So I was very lucky I did not order full price.

I am not really impressed with the performance and so I am sticking to my cedar 55-60s and the Carbon Express Heritage 250s. Also the price stinks if you ask me. Half a dozen for 90$. I do not like them Sam-I-Am   :D  

Now I do like their Masai broadheads.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
Price doesn't always reflect quality; sometimes it just reflects a high price.  You can do as well with Carbon Express Heritage, or the Easton line, or even Arrow Dynamics.  From what I understand there has been issues with quality control on the Sitkas.  They may have cleared that up but for the price, it seems you are paying for a name more than substance.  Caveat Emptor.

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
Great arrows, used to shoot them out of a #46 PSA but use Alaskans now with #60 limbs.  To me they have been a frugal arrow as it is rare to have one break, even with a lot of stump shooting.  I just have to find them when I miss and I'm good to go again, and again...
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 02:59:00 PM »
I recently aquired a half dzn, and are using them in my 3 Rivers longbow.
I am quite please with the results to this point, will know more when I get to hunt with them.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
You can do better elsewhere IMO...I've put Grizzlystiks and ADs on my spine tester and both are erratic at best, especially for a carbon arrow...most wood arrows I've messed with have been better matched for spine.

Craig

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©