3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hats Off to Terry Green and other mods  (Read 479 times)

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
Hats Off to Terry Green and other mods
« on: February 14, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
I just got through reading a good portion of the thread that Terry posted about getting the track back on site.
 I don't want to stir the pot, Terry locked the thread and that is in no way my intentions here with this post.

I just simply and humbly want to say thanks for what you do and the character you have to stand up for what you intended this to be.
 Trad Gang has learned me alot about trad hunting in every aspect and I like Terry and many others here love the simplicity of it and am greatful to have this site to learn how to properly use it to better improve myself as a hunter and an outdoorsman.

So Tanks Terry, Guru, Distefino and any others that I can't recall for keeping it real and keeping it Trad. Your hard work and dedication is what make it happen.
 Kris AKA Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hats Off to Terry Green and other mods
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
You guys are much appreciated,You guys should be on "DIRTY JOBS" on Discovery channel...LOL
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
i'll second that
Steve.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
:notworthy:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
No worries....I saw what happened to bass fishing....and it may happen to Trad Bowhunting, but not here on Trad Gang.  I'm sticking to the vision that spawned the site even if its just me and Charlie Lamb left.

Also, I don't mind folks disagreeing with me, I disagree with my wife all the time, but we've been married over 18 years.  The sad part is how some grown men will act in another man's house they've been invited to, and some even expect to get away with it.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline LongbowGuy83

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Well personally Terry, I think you're full of... Ah heck, who am I kidding. Just wanted you to have a little opposition. Thumbs up for ya man. You do good work. By the way, the new bow hush/hush puppies are working like a charm. Thanks again.
Caleb Chambers
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
You are a good man, Terry -- a good husband, a good dad, and a good person to lead the resurgence of traditional archery. You go guy!!   :wavey:    

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Al Natural

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
I found this site by mistake during a google   search. I've only been here since Nov. 2009. I have been a traditional bow shooter/hunter for the past 18 years. I didn't know How uniformed I was until I found this site.  My wood arrows always flew straight no matter if some of them where a little crooked. I've always thought I became a better hunter after I made the decision to become a traditional hunter.  
Al

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  to all the mods.  I appreciate having this site at my disposal.  I've learned way more through the folks on this site in the past couple of years than I ever could have dreamed of learning the first seven years I hunted with trad equipment.

Keep it up
Keep it real

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »
Terry,
 For some odd reason I don't think it'll just be you and Charlie. I ain't going anywhere even if you guys try to run me off with a stick.
 Well, unless it's a really big stick. LOL

I just put 2 and 2 together and realized your the feller who came up with that Bow Hush stuff.
 Awsome product right there. Matter of fact I think I need to get some Hush Puppies for my new bow that's on it's way and a few I'm building.
 Kris
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »
I guess ill have to get to know terry and charlie a little better if its just gonna be us three around these parts!    :bigsmyl:
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »
I agree with the others.  It is hard to keep a roomful of strong personalities in line.  You guys do a great job.  I always enjoy my time on the site and it is thanks to you.  Keep up the good work even though it is often feels like you are slogging up the same hill AGAIN.  Thanks.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 08:10:00 AM »
Thanks again to Terry and all the Mods!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
I come here to relax and enjoy, and you folks do a good job. I am glad Terry and the rest of the mods are doing a great job.

So keep it up and I am sure this site will last a long time, but please don't kick me out in the cold and dark lol. Thanks again guys.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
Don't sweat it Terry. I will still be here as well...

The original vision is still the vision.

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
A big thanks and vote of confidence for Terry and our terrific Mods.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
Said it before and I'll say it again, Thanks for a job well done. Keep up the good work. That goes for Terry and everyone else that makes this site the number one traditional archery site on the web. Wonder if this is what Al Gore had in mind when he invented the World Wide Web????

:bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
It's obvious that Terry's heart is in this. His vision from years ago is becoming a reality and he's not about to lose what he and others have worked so hard for, anytime soon.

I salute those who have made TradGang what it is today. So much so, that, for the first time, I have become a contributing member as of this morning.

Thanks everyone for your time and undying dedication.
    :thumbsup:      :campfire:  

Doug
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
No worries....I saw what happened to bass fishing....and it may happen to Trad Bowhunting, but not here on Trad Gang.
Trade my wool and camo for a NASCAR-lookin shirt?  :confused:   Then I'd have to get out there and roust up some sponsors so I could cover that shirt in sponsor decals   :knothead:  No way am I gonna kiss a squirrel (if I'm lucky enough to hit him)!  :eek:

You mods have a tough job.......hang in there and know that most of us appreciate this site for what it is (thanks to your vision) and certainly appreciate everything you folks do to police it.

Scary thought.....bass fishing...NO...BassMasters.....someone's (you know who's) vision on how to take a peaceful outdoor experience and turn it into a competition and tie money to it!  Yep...that's the ticket! Just watching those dudes yank that bass out of the water ten feet from the boat and let him/her "land where they may" in said boat and, God forbid there be a camera near by....stand there hoisting said bass into the air for all to admire.  Lest I forget....plant lips on said bass's lips to actually show your respect for said creature.......Yep....that's quite the vision!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Hit-or-Miss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
Yes, Thanks to all the mods! No gadgets and techno babble, just the old fashioned basics... two sticks, a string, plenty of skill and lots of LUCK!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©