3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help me find info for footing carbon arrows Please  (Read 432 times)

Offline 1screagle

• Trad Bowhunter
Help me find info for footing carbon arrows Please
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
I have Carbon Express Heritage arrows and would like to know what all the rave is about the alloy footings and how to do it. I hear about it, I can comprehend the benefits but have little knowledge. Please help me if you can, thank you.
3 Wes Wallace Recurves,
2 original Mentors & 1 B-Model Mentor
3 Wes Wallace Longbows
1 Dwyer Defiant "Legolas"

www.stoneartistllc.com

Offline kibok&ko

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help me find info for footing carbon arrows Please
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
a smal help probably, i used to shoot also some CE 250 and to get them stronger in the front part i put 3 inches of 22/16 aloy tube in external footing ...
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
The footing is to make the small section of arrow that breaks and splinters on carbons right behind the head STRONG. you do not need huge chunks on there 1 to 1  1\\2 inch is plenty. Guys have put 1\\2 inch piece on the nock end also to keep blowout from happening.
Here is a chart that was posted for arrow footing sizes.following is a patial list of carbon arrow shaft sizes and the aluminum shaft that is appropriate to foot them with.

Beman MFX Classics
500 - 2020
400 - 2018
340 - 2016

Beman ICS Bowhunters
500 - ?
400 - 2114
340 - ?
300 - ?

ST Epic
600 - 2016

ST Excell
500 - 2016

Axis ST
500 - 1916
400 - 1916
340 - 2020/2018
300 - 2016

Carbon Express Heritage
90 - ?
150 - 2216
250 - 2216
350 - 2215

Carbon Express Terminators
4560 - 2216
5060 - 2216
6075 - 2216

Arrow Dynamic
Lite - 2413
Reg - 2413

Gold Tip Traditional
3555 - 2117
5575 - 2216
7595 - ?

Old Beman Classics
500 - ?
400 - ?
340 - 2219

Old Carbon Excell
400 - 2117

Hope this helps some. You know I am just starting and will let guys with more experience chime in.

Tim
DEATHMASTER

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
They have already had several topics on this.  Use the SEARCH function at the top of the page, and keyword footing.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
Tons of post on how to for this subject.  Search them and find the ones that help you out the most.

Those who have done this should chime in with the sizes that will fill in the chart posted above.  If we can get a comprehensive chart we can get it turned into a sticky at the top of the page and then refer questions for sizes there.  It would answer a lot of questions without a million posts.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline el_kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
I'm using a 2216 to foot Gold Tip 7595s and it fits pretty well.  

Kirk

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
Someone did a nice little video "how to" on this.You may be able to find it in your search.

Offline Hackbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »
The problem with being told to use the search function is that sometimes thread titles don't include the words desired. Also, MANY other threads may contain the words in the text, so you spend a very long time wading through threads that don't answer your question.

First link is Pac's tutorial on Trad Gang:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=074690;p=1

Second link is from Trad Gang's yononindo. A great video on YouTube:

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
I had to sand off the finish, and then I used a 2013 to foot the CE Heritage 90s. Seems to me that a 21-something could maybe work better, with the right wall thickness. I'll have to wait until I find more lost aluminums this 3D season.   :D    :p

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Muleyslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
just ordered some aluminum ones @ 3rivers only 5grains each  and $7.99per dozen. for my 250 heritage. hope that helps!
"LUCK"
When preparation meets opportunity

Offline 1screagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!! to all having contributed. PAC thank you so much for taking the time to do the video!!!! Awesome help and this is exactly what I wanted!!! Thank your wife for helping out too. Thank you Hackbow for the link, it saved me alot of looking I'm sure! Awesome, stuff. I have shot alot of different arrows and have decided to just shoot the Heritage CE arrows because the 150, 250 and 350's all use the same components. When I want to shoot different bows or same bows at different speeds it makes it alot easier to make adjustments, as well as it could'nt be easier. Now I can make stump'in arrows for all of them.
3 Wes Wallace Recurves,
2 original Mentors & 1 B-Model Mentor
3 Wes Wallace Longbows
1 Dwyer Defiant "Legolas"

www.stoneartistllc.com

Offline gonzoso

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
I found this looking for information on footing and discovered that the 2117 fits the Beman ICS Bowhunter 400 perfectly.  I just footed a test arrow with superglue and will be using a strong epoxy for the rest.

I recieved 8 arrows from a friend.  My buddy bought a crossbow on cl from a fellow who's father had passed, and he gave us all these 2117 arrows as well.  I was delighted when I found that by cutting them to 30" I could shoot them from my bow after I put feathers on them, and since then as I've learned to shoot I've been beating these up as I progressed and began missing the target less and less.

I'm smitten that I'll be able to re-cycle these free arrows into footings and making my nice carbons hardier!

At any rate, is there a table somewhere that says what aluminum arrows fit what carbons, aside from the one at the top of here?  I think such a table would be very useful.

I am very new to this all and it took me until I watched this video above to figure out what footings were, and after having broken about 6 carbons in the past 2 months to the front splintering I think it's absulutely brilliant!  That video and this thread made my day, I'm just an average guy, I can't afford to be breaking 2 dozen carbons a year.
Samick Sage 50#
1970's Bear Kodiak Magnum 50#

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
I have footed both GT's and Beman MFX's.  When I started shooting AD trad lites a few months back I ordered some of the carbon collars from 3R.  Too easy to just push them over the end of the shaft instead of epoxying, and they hold up just as well on hard hits.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline ron13

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 05:17:00 AM »
Hi guys,I'd like to ask for your help if anyone know what aluminium shaft would best fit an easton hexx 400 for footing?

Thanks!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©