3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shots you can be proud of.  (Read 1874 times)

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Shots you can be proud of.
« on: April 20, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Today in SW Michigan was absolutely beautful. Hope it was in your neigborhood. I spent most of the day in side 4 walls with no windows. Like most at work! Came home and thought what a nice evening to go out back and cast a few shafts. Shot some judos at threating looking grass tuffs. And worked my way outback looking for that one target. For you that target in the past may have been a deer. Or just a plain old stump. But when it all comes down and you make the shot. And it turns out to be a shot you will never forget. Is what makes it all so good.
Today for me it was a great trophy just a plain old stump. But that stump had one very distinct spot. And there I was drawn, it was 22 to 26 yards out. I do not know, I do know where my arrow went. Gotta love instictive shooting and the feeling it gives you when it all works.

It may have just been a old stump, but it was a great shot. Mostly luck on my part, but one of those that gives so much back.

Do you have one that you can share, if so please do. It don't have to have the arrow sticking out of it. It can be just one picture or story that means the most to you.

Brent

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shots you can be proud of.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
brent nice post cant wait to meet you up at the shoot in oct
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
Way to go Brent.  I know the feeling you are talking about.  I get the same feeling when I am looking at the target and feel the string slip from my fingers and I just know that is was a great shot.  In the next instant I see the arrow come into view and hit the only spot I am thinking about at that moment.  MAN I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 11:26:00 PM »
Had one on a hog hunt in February.  Was working back to the pick up spot and saw something white up ahead.  I drew back a judo and let it rip.  The white chunk satisfyingly exploded into several pieces.  Turns out it was a white chunk of fungus about 1/2 the size of your fist at an honest 39 paces - LOVE IT!

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 11:28:00 PM »
Here is a nock splitter from today.

Nothing particularly special about breakin' nocks, it happens. But every once in awhile, your focus is so keen, you see the tiniest speck of the target and just know you're gonna drill it.  Those are special shots and this was one of them.  At 37 yds, I saw the grove in that flo green nock just before I hit anchor and knew it was a shaft splitter.  Strange how effortless shots like that feel compared to those you actually do concentrate on.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »
The flight of the arrow shot from a long bow or a recurve is just magical. When you make that one shot, you absolutely know it from the instant you release. I know for me, when that arrow hits that mark it’s like the feeling a kid gets when he rounds the corner xmas morning and sees that new bike, even if it’s the first arrow of the day or the 100th.

Great shot by the way.
"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.
Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark!"

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »
A thing of beauty, no dought!  :notworthy:    Thanks for sharing.  :D  
I recall an arrow from my bow strike a similar "target" once. The difference being it struck their after its intended target was missed.  :campfire:
Steve.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 03:26:00 AM »
Hey Molson... That Arrow looks familiar!!!!!  The broken one!!!  :knothead:

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »
Hi everyone

There really is something magical shooting traditional bows. The other wheelly things just don't give off the feelings or joy. At least so it is for me.
And Rob stop in and say hi when you have the chance. I can be found at 1623 Chicago Dr SW Wyoming Mi 49519 most days 10-6pm. This next week I'll be stalking morels in Iowa though! No turkey tag for me this year out there.

Brent

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Any Shot that Actually goes  IN  the Target, instead of Me digging for the Arrow Under the Grass Behind the Target!!  :thumbsup:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
Gotta love those Judos Shakes!  :thumbsup:  

Brent

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »
12 yrds RER longbow Judo head. Heck anybody can shoot Bears, deer and moose. For a real challenge Chipmunks are the way to go.  :bigsmyl:  BTW it was a head shot LOL<><  
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
Hey Frank I don't see a kill tag attached to that critter!  :D   He won't be messing with Shells flowers no mo! Great shot  :thumbsup:  

Brent

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
One of the most physically difficult shots in bowhunting...one that connects with a jittery gray squirrel. These little critters could teach whitetails a thing or two about string jumping.

Probably my most mentally challenging shot was the one that went through this big guy's chest at ten yards. For a person who's used to hunting whitetails from the relative security of a treestand, being on the ground within spitting distance of a half-ton irate bull moose can be a little intimidating.

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
Brent we got lots of them here. But gave my last Flu Flu with the judo on it and some other heads to someone to make up somemore and never got them back. So the hunt is on for some flu flus. The ones I like have a half spiral and the reg feather ya know what I am talking about?<><

TGMM

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »
Jason now that's diverse combo WOW what i could do with that antler! Not to mention the meat MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!<><

TGMM

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
Jason

I just maybe able to hit one of those at 10 yards. MAYBE if I could just pull the string back!  :readit:  I've only had one close encounter with a bull. At about 40 yards, man they are a site to see. And no tag for it!
 I could only hope to keep it all together and make the shot. AND I SURE WOULD LOVE TO GIVE IT A TRY!

:campfire:  

Brent

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »
this Feb., on my knees in the living room
shooting thru the window, took this rabbit at 45yrds, perfect dbl lung shot. the family witnessed it, but being as how they aren't archers, they weren't all that impressed  "[dntthnk]"  . not exactly a hunting shot, but he tasted good none the less. look close and you can see me holding him up, he was up on the bank about two yards to the left when I shot him.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
Larry I'm impressed!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:  My worrying about hitting the widow casing. Would have surely stuck in the widow casing!  :notworthy:  Thats shooting!

Brent

Offline DEERSLAYER1961

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
Here is one of mine... I've only done this 5 time in over 30 years of shooting, and each time has been as good as the first. This one was at 20 yards out of my 55# Saxon Shrike.
>DEERSLAYER---->
"FEAR THE MAN WITH ONE BOW"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©