3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experience  (Read 20393 times)

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
Supernatural experience
« on: February 15, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
Has anyone had a supernatural experience in the wild?Thought this would be fun.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Supernatural experience
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
Besides Ron La Clair on Armstrong creek.

Offline Tsalagi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
I have supernatural experiences in the wilderness all the time when I stump shoot. We have something like the Bermuda Triangle here. Always one arrow I can't find.
Heads Carolina, Tails California...somewhere greener...somewhere warmer...or something soon to that effect...

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
When I was a boy in Maine I heard a couger scream. That was pretty super-natural since there were not supposed to be any in the state, it was late night and a 10 year old imagination on a overnight fishing trip in the North woods pretty much sealed it. I was thankful it was way up on the mountain... and that Dad was snoring about a foot away from me. Stood the hair up I'll tell ya!

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline Acuna

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
Yes. I am on my iPhone so I won't type it out right now  but I have had a very real supernatural experience. No ghosts but incredibly spooky nonetheless. It involves an almost 200 year old grave I didn't know about. I get the creeps just thinking about it and I don't consider myself a believer in ghosts....

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
When I go stump shooting, sometimes I swear the stump moves out of the way and then my arrow just vanishes... Freaky.

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »
I often talk to God in the wild... yeah, supernatural experience every time I do!
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
I'm with fnshtr on this one. How can it not be supernatural... it's simply amazing!! Thank God!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
aint this fun?My supernatural experience usually involves deer haveing a sixth sence that I'm around.

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
yes
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
Sure.I saw a big deer one time while hunting.Had to have been magic or something like it.  :D
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »
GOD is omnipresent, Think about that one a little! :pray:  Jason

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
Hmm, perhaps not supernatural but a bit nerve wracking.  

When I was 23, I went backpacking alone in the Indian Heavan Wilderness.  One night I was sitting by a small camp fire, I heard an animal scream in the distance and wondered what it was since I had never heard anything like it.  Over the next hour the screams came closer to my camp until they were about 200 yards out in the timber. I could hear a heavy animal moving around but couldn't see anything due to an overcast sky and being night blind due to the fire.

I know it wasn't a cougar, I have heard them plenty of times. An you never hear them moving around.  Bears don't scream and nothing else around here does either.  I never did figure out what was doing all the screaming and moving about.  

I spent a long night sitting up by what went from a small fire to a bonfire in no time at all.  Weirdest experience I have ever had in the woods.  

Local indian lore calls that area Sasquatch home turf. There are lots of legends about the local indians having encounters with them in that specific area. Definately put a tingle into the old nervous centers that night.

I spent three more days in the area and never heard another thing.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
That's one big Bermuda triangle--it's in my backyard, too.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
Sometimes when I let loose of an arrow, I can feel it in my bones it's going to be a good shot. Other times I can feel it's going to be not so good.

Offline mrpenguin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mudd:
I'm with fnshtr on this one. How can it not be supernatural... it's simply amazing!! Thank God!

God bless,Mudd
Me 3 Gents!  Its all about spirituality in Nature.  Every animal, taken or not, is a gift from God.
God Bless,
Erik
_ _ _ _  _  
Crow Creek Black Feather Recurve 49@28
Browning Wasp 50@28

"And we know for those who love God all things work together for good"-Romans 8:28

"It's so hard to stop being a man and start being a wolf" - G. Fred Asbell

Offline the force

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »
Yes sometimes i think animals just appear and disapear 1 minute hes right there and u look around and were did he go noone nos
Hoyt Tiburon

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »
Thought I was being attacked one morning in the pitch black walked under a couple trees full of roosting turkey. Turkey had just been introduced to the area. Bark,leaves, and other debris was falling around me as they took off. I about dropped to my knees.

One of the best supernatural is watching the sunrise and the sunset each day.
PBS  Member

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
i was camping on a island on a lake here is north east texas.  huning fishing and trapping beavers and coons.  me my father a freind of mine  and my uncle and cousin where sharing a camp.  about 9 pm is was all dark, except for out fire, and across the way on the mainland we seen a red light.  at first we figured is was a light from a boat or a coon hunter on the shore. to big to be a boat light  but not movement at all so we ruled out the coon hunter thing.  we watched it for about 30 minutes.  then we started calling to it to see if someone would respond. we used all the calls that most folks around here relate to someone trying to get thier attention.  nothing .  it stayed there for another hour before just going out . no slowing but just gone.  we still dont know what it was.  later when i got my boat i went back to that island to see what was in that area (trails or what not)  not trails or anyhting . and it was miles form the nearest road through very very thick cover.  still a mystery that me and my dad talk about.
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
Once years ago I was tracking a buck in a large corn field with the help of an early snow shower.  I saw the buck duck into the corn.  every so off I could hear the corn leaves scrapping, I working very quietly towards the center of the field.  Step at a time, it seemed to be inching his way in my direction from a long way off.  Bit by bit I seemed to be gaining on it.  then with out any warning at all their it was right in front of me, Toad Smith!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©