3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experience  (Read 20433 times)

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Supernatural experience
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2010, 02:50:00 AM »
Creepy experiences, especially poisonarrow's and Bear's stories   :scared:
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline poison arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »
A member contacted me wanting more info on my experience. I have a drawing that I drew of what I saw. I drew it five or six days later because I could not shake what I had seen from my head. The drawing was very accurate, so much so I hid it very well because again I didm not want anyone to see it or know that I had seen that. Now I can not find it anywhere. If I find it I will post it.
   The other members experiences gave me the willies a bit too.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »
On page 8, beaver#1 said  he learned early on, that if something doesn`t feel right, it`s probably not.

He`s right...trust your sixth sense.  ;)  

Cool stories everyone...

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »
To me,this stuff adds to the adventure.I have a second hobby of metal detecting and treasure hunting. I have been offered to go to a property that has a foundation on it.It was deeded to a guy who fought in the war of 1812.Can't wait to see what adventure lies ahead.

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
Great thread!

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
It does make a guy feel better knowing other people who aren't looking for something strange have found it anyway.
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
Those are strange, but I had something even wierder hapen to me.  One time I was walking down a dark street and I suddenly turned into a drug store....... believe it or don't.  I'm back to normal now.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
im glad to see you turned back into a human.  :biglaugh:
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
In the spring of '09, I went with a friend to a Nat. Wildlife Refuge, to hunt hogs.  
The river was way up.  We found some high ground, that he wanted to hunt. He went to the left and up a steep hill, and I went to the right towards a low spot next to the creek.
 As luck would have it, about an hour before sun set, I got a shot on a porker.  It was a bit too far back, but had a fair blood trail.  I lost it in the fading light.  
So I headed back to the baot to wait.  Just after good dusk, I saw my friend comming down off the hill.  But he didn't come towards the boat, just kept walking towards the creek.  I didn't speak, figuring he had shoot something and was tracking.  He never looked down or gave any indication that he was tracking.  He passed about 40 yds. from me.  Then I hear a large splash.  
Shortly my friend showed up from the same direction and came straight to the boat.  No It wasn't him that I saw.  
What I saw was something big on two legs, walking with a purpose.  When I got to thinking about it, he would have to been between 6 and 7 feet tall.  He passed a blown down tree and the only time he wasn't visable was when he passed the root ball.  
I told my friend about it and we just chaulked it up to the unexplained.  
We went back the next morning and looked for my pig, but to no avail.  We nevr did think about going to look for tracks.  Just one of those things in the woods.
It was nothing like the time something followed me across the Hardaway Swamp, while coon hunting.  But thats a whole 'nuther story!
There are somethings in the Great Spirit's world, that we are just not supposed to understand.  Thats why we have faith in HIM!
Johnny/JAG
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
elknutz,that was great.

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2010, 11:16:00 PM »
Jag, so what's the other story??  Don't leave us hanging!!

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2010, 01:39:00 AM »
Well, being a Christian, I dismiss any strange feelings that I have gotten or, sometimes when the hair on the back of my neck stands up, I remind myself  that the only life after death that I believe in is eternal life in heaven.   However;  I have a story about a man that is a friend of mine, and is no doubt a Christian, but believes whole heartedly that he has seen an apparition.

About five years ago myself and childhood friend headed to the Mississippi Delta to do some deer hunting on his father in law's lease.  We stayed with his inlaw's during our visit.  These are fine people to say the least.  The food was great, fellowship was wonderful, but the hunting wasn't so hot.  However; the weather was hot, but this didn't dampen our spirits because the bunk room in which we were staying had two bucks over 170" hanging on the wall.  Well, the first afternoon I hunted a tripod stand.  The afternoon produced nothing but mild temps, a little rain, and alot of fog.  I exited the stand at dark, and headed for the truck to meet my buddy's father in law.  As I left the field, I started the uphill climb to the pick up point.  As I was walking up the road,  I realized the the balmy 70 degree evening dropped to what felt like 30 degrees.  I had one of those hair standing up on your neck feelings, and started reminding myself of my beliefs.  Something just didn't feel right.  My pace quickened as I rounded the bend and was quite relieved at the sight of headlights waiting for me.  The delta is spooky anyway, in my opinion.   Nonetheless, I climbed into the truck and was greated by a friendly smile.  "did you see any?" he asked.  No, but all I could think of was one of those 170" bucks stepping out.  He smiled and said, "yeah, I wounded a buck that size in the road, right around the bend."  He then went on to tell me that it was in the 70's on a rainy balmy night just like this.  I laughed, and said jokingly, well that buck must be haunting the bend because it sure felt erie walking up through there. It felt 50 degrees colder.  I was just making conversation.  

My friends father in law got kinda got pale, and said, remind me to tell you something when we get back to the house.  He didn't say much on the way back at all.  I knew he was spooked.   Well curiosity got the best of me, so I asked?  

He began by telling me that He shot this huge buck
right at dusk and imediately started trailing him.  He looked for about 30 minutes, and darkness fell.  He smoked at the time,and all he had was a cigarette lighter.  Flame on, and he picked up the trail.  He had just gone into the woods in the bend of the road when it started raining straight down.  Fearing that he would loose the blood he continued.  He stopped, the temp seemed to drop suddenly, and he looked up and saw a small  boy standing about 15 feet from him with his head hanging low.  He instantly spoke to the boy with no response.  He said that he just knew that the young child was lost, but how did he get in the middle of nowhere.  He spoke two more times with no response.  He began to approach, and realized the child hadn't moved a muscle.  He was just standing there.  His gut sank,  He knew something wasn't right.  He bolted towards the truck.  He said he didn't stop running until he reached the vehicle.

There was only one house within a 10 mile radius, and it was a field hand that worked for his father.  He stopped at the house, and reported the missing child.  The man said he knew of no missing children in the area.  Curious he asked the fieldhand, "isn't there a graveyard on the property somewhere?",  "Where is it?"  The field hand described the exact location that he had just left.  Curious again, he asked if there were any children buried there.  The field hand told him that there was a 9 yr old boy buried there about a year befor.He was in a farming accident.  

The next day he rounded up a search party to look for the deer in daylight. The deer wasn't recovered, but he went back partially because he wanted to see the place in daylight.  He was still in disbelief, but said that the exact spot where he saw the boy, there was the 9yr olds tombstone.  

He went on to tell me that he was a Christian man, but that he definately believed in ghosts because there was no mistake of what he saw.  He told me several other chilling stories about this farm, but there not near as chilling as this one.

As for me,  I am still a non believer, but would never call this man a liar.  I can't explain it.  I do know, that something spooked him in the woods that night.  I could see his eyes watering the entire time he was telling me the story.

Hope you enjoyed the contribution.  I find myself reading this thread every night.  It reminds me of campfire tales from retreats past.  Keep em coming.  This is very entertaining.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2010, 04:17:00 AM »
Gonna have nightmares  :(
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline hockey7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2010, 07:23:00 AM »
Here's one that's not hunting related. Years ago(alot of years) when I was living at home with my parents, my Mom and I were putting up the Christmas tree. There was a decoration, like those balls you hang from the tree, that my deceased aunt Stella made for us. It was a styrofoam ball with ribbons wrapped around it, and sparkly sequence glued on. We both looked at it and said it was kind of ugly, so instead of hanging it from the tree, we hung it on a nail above the stairway going into the family room where we were putting up the Christmas tree. We were both standing right below it, looking at it, stating it was ugly, when that ball flew off the nail to the other side of the room. We both looked at each other. Expressions are priceless, but the look on my Mom's face was of complete disbelief. It didn't fall off the nail to the floor, the nail was in no way bent downward that it could fall. It literally flew off the nail as if someone (Aunt Stella) threw it. From that time forward, I believe in ghosts(?), another dimension...something unexplainable.

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
Alright, these are great stories so I'll tell you the "whole" story to the guy I mentioned on page 2 of this thread.  The first bowhunter I ever saw was when I was 9 yrs. old.  It was October and I was on the front porch of our farm house.  We lived a little over a mile from the blacktop road and was only one of two houses on this road.  I was playing and looked up to see a man coming to the house carrying a bow and target type side quiver.  He was wearing a read plaid shirt & old brown hat.  He asked if he could have a glass of water.  He looked like he had been walking for a long time.  My big brother came to the door and and then got him the water.  As he drank it he said he'd parked his car off rt. 157 in Venus, PA and wondered how far it was back.  My brother said if you follow the roads it was nearly 5 miles but if you cut straight through the woods about 2 but it would be dark soon so the raods were the way to go.  He thanked us and went to the road.  My brother got my dad and told him and dad said we'll give him a ride.  The road in front of our house was 3/4 stright and flat as an arrow.  I went to the raod to get him and he was gone.

Later that same year during the rifle season it had snowed about 4" and I heard a knock at the door.  My dad and brother had just came in from hunting for the day.  I opened it and there was this man in a red plaid shirt, brown hat and carrying a winchester.  He asked for a glass of water and once again my brother brought it and the guy said he parked his car in Venus etc...how far was it.  This time the guy left and once again my dad said lets give him a ride.  I ran out to the road and he was no where in sight but this time I ran back to the house scared to death because there wasn't a track in the snow anywhere but mine!  My brother came out when he heard my hollering and he too saw that there was no tracks.

The page 2 story was a guy wearing red plaid shirt and brown hat but it was 8 years later.  My brother decide to investigate some and we found out that in the late 1950's a guy had parked his car in Venus and went in the woods hunting but never came back and after a massive search they never did find him!

I don't know????

Offline Wile E. Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
Had a good bowhunting buddy that became terminally ill this year and wound up in the hospital. His family called and said it didn't look like he would make it through the night. I got out a selfbow that the had made and given to me and began shooting in my yard, thinking about him. After about 30 minutes or so, the bow unstrung during a shot and dry fired. Had a feeling what that meant, and sure enough got a call a few hours later that he had passed away. The time of his passing coincided with the episode of the bow becoming unstrung.
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2010, 12:48:00 PM »
longbow sounds like you have a guardian angel in your woods watching out for yall. I am a Christian but I do believe in angels and demons. And I believe that is where our "ghost" stories come from. I believe people have experiences that can not be explained.
Bear Kodiak Magnum 44# Amo 52"

42@28 Take-down. Black Creek Bows, Banshee. 60' AMO

Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors though Him that loved us. Romans 8:37

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
Some poor soul wandering around for all those years, it would make me happy that I gave him water.

Thinking harder, that lucky dog has been hunting all this time, and I have been working my bum off!   :mad:

Killdeer   :campfire:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
As a paranormal nut, I think this is one of the best threads ever!

I grew up in Cheboygan, MI and have been in the woods all of my life. I didn't start hunting until this year though and I have to admit that I get a little freaked out every time I head to my spot before first light. That first hour (especially when you are hunting from the ground) is especially spooky. Squirrels sound like elephants when they wake up! lol

My story goes back to my youth. My two younger brothers and I (I think we were 14, 10, 8 at the time) were out back playing in the woods just after dark. My dad had a light mounted on a telephone pole in our back yard so we could see and he used to feed our dogs at night and let them run around. Our yard was surrounded by acres of heavy Michigan woods so it was always real dark with plenty of places to build forts. We had built a nice one about 20 yards into the treeline just off of a trail that had been there as long as we could remember. We hung a chain over the trail to keep "intruders" at bay. A somewhat heavy one too. We crudely linked it tightly around two stout trees on either side of the trail with heavy spikes and roofing nails. It wasn't going anywhere!

We had been out there for about 20 minutes that night and were chasing the dogs around about 30 yards from the chain and trail. It was so dark we couldn't see either or.

A few minutes later all hell broke lose. We heard the trees start to rattle. Then the chain started to rattle. It was windy that night so we didn't think anything of it. Then the chain started rattling more violently followed by a low growl. At that point we were almost pissing ourselves and the dogs ran away. My Dad was inside preparing their scraps so he definitely wasn't the culprit and our neighbors were 50 yards in either direction through dense forest. We didn't know what to think.

The rattling continued followed by a loud crash. Both birches gave a final shake and then stopped. By then we were running for the house to tell my Dad what happened. He took a flashlight back there and didn't see anything.

The next day we walked back to the trail and the chain was completely snapped in two and the trees were rubbed raw underneath. To this day we can't explain what it was but from that point on I never liked to look outside my bedroom window on the 2nd floor to the treeline. I was always afraid I would see something I didn't want to.

I'll have to ask my Dad (Ripforce) if he still remembers that. It was about 15 years ago.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
Hey Nick, Google "Michigan Dogman".
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©