3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experience  (Read 20434 times)

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Supernatural experience
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
Nothing to be afraid of in these stories.  No one has been harmed or died in any of them.  I think it just outlines that there are other dimensions that we as humans cannot normally see or feel and sometimes they impinge on the ones we can.  I found my experience exhilirating and yes a bit frightening at the time.  I would love to have another experience and would try to find out what the thing was.  Being older I am a lot more curious than I am frightened by things now.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Divinecedar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
After reading all of these I am really, really going to make sure that I have my .45 with me when I am out bow-hunting. The one strange thing that I have had happen occurred when I was probably nine or ten years old. Some of my relatives had mentioned seeing lights "dancing in the sky" over their house. Even at ten I thought it was a bunch of malarkey. But, less than a week later I was out coon hunting the creek bottoms in the area with two of my cousins (who were brothers) and while I was leaning up against their truck I looked up and saw this red light, very far away, literally dancing in the sky. It would move circles, and reverse and go about like some caffeinated lightning-bug. It looked to me to be very high, almost at the height of a plane flying by. I never have come up with an explanation for that and to this day still don't have a clue what it was.

Beyond that the most scared I have even been in my life was when I walked underneath a roost of turkeys while coon hunting without my light on. I didn't know what the heck was happening but it sounded like the woods were exploding. These are some very interesting reads!

Offline levibear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »
A gooood point truly there is nothing to be afraid of in these experiences. I believe there are many things as yet we don't understand, many layers of existance......my story

Many years ago while living in alaska I took the long boat north up river into an area just south of the brooks range. This was a low area probably 40 miles from the nearest encampment, rarely visited by anyone prior to hunting season. I was doing some scouting for the upcoming moose /bear hunting season. I pulled the boat on shore, anchored well above the high water line, and set up camp. After a meal of fresh caught salmon I settled back aginst the lean to enjoying the stars and a full stomach. when I noticed the woods still it self, no sound not even the ever present breeze, then as suddenly, a scream, or a call, loud and high pitched, hurt or angry or both, I still don't know. I have spent my whole life in the outdoors and never have I heard the like. I reached into my duffle and layed the Ruger super blackhawk across my lap, the big 44 magnium felt like a "pea shooter" at that moment.

Soon the woodland noises resumed, I was just starting to relax a bit when I heard a loud pop as a stone bounced off a scrub pine and into the middle of camp near the fire. I dont know why but now I was angry. I thought " I can through stones too. I picked out a target, a pine 40 or so yds away at the edge of the firelight, the roar from the big gun was deafining in the darkness...

I left at first light, no more calls no more stones. No other boats where on the river, that being the only access to that area. Returning to the village the old Inuit men smiled and chuckled at my story. One of them said "now you know". Truth is I didn't know and still don't   :coffee:
Never trade time for money, cause when your out of time money don't matter

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by levibear:
A gooood point truly there is nothing to be afraid of in these experiences. I believe there are many things as yet we don't understand, many layers of existance......my story

Many years ago while living in alaska I took the long boat north up river into an area just south of the brooks range. This was a low area probably 40 miles from the nearest encampment, rarely visited by anyone prior to hunting season. I was doing some scouting for the upcoming moose /bear hunting season. I pulled the boat on shore, anchored well above the high water line, and set up camp. After a meal of fresh caught salmon I settled back aginst the lean to enjoying the stars and a full stomach. when I noticed the woods still it self, no sound not even the ever present breeze, then as suddenly, a scream, or a call, loud and high pitched, hurt or angry or both, I still don't know. I have spent my whole life in the outdoors and never have I heard the like. I reached into my duffle and layed the Ruger super blackhawk across my lap, the big 44 magnium felt like a "pea shooter" at that moment.

Soon the woodland noises resumed, I was just starting to relax a bit when I heard a loud pop as a stone bounced off a scrub pine and into the middle of camp near the fire. I dont know why but now I was angry. I thought " I can through stones too. I picked out a target, a pine 40 or so yds away at the edge of the firelight, the roar from the big gun was deafining in the darkness...

I left at first light, no more calls no more stones. No other boats where on the river, that being the only access to that area. Returning to the village the old Inuit men smiled and chuckled at my story. One of them said "now you know". Truth is I didn't know and still don't    :coffee:  
excellent recount. haha, that's what i call a story

Offline machomanandysavage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »
These are some excellent and entertaining stories - keep them coming! I'd tell a couple but they are no where near as good as the previous ones.
"Aim small, miss small"

Offline Weedhopper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
This didn't happen to me, but my mother. Seems that when she was little, my grandmother ran upstairs to tell the kids that "Kenny" was home!

Seems my grandmother woke up to see my Uncle Kenny bop into her bedroom and exclaim "Mom,,I'm home"! So she excitedly awoke the siblings.

All the kids came running downstairs to welcome him back from the war. (WWII) Needless to say,,,he was nowhere to be found. 2 hours later, representatives from the Army knocked on the door,,to advise my grandmother that Kenny had been killed.

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
great thread!!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Hookeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
Killed my biggest buck (gun kill) after walking halfway to my stand in the dark, by Mini-maglight.

Got rather unsettled, and went back to the truck, waited for some daylight.

Then snuck in, a couple hrs later I had the deer down.

Why did I not go into the woods in the dark?

Watched "Blair Witch" the night before.

Stupid movie, beyond stupid really. Whole thing stunk, until the end.

My Uncle left me at age 6 or 7, on a beaverdam, night fishing trip, alone with no light, for hours........in the woods, so he and his cousin could party at the cabin with some new arrivals.

I never moved from my spot, even though critters were moving all around me.

As a kid, age 8-12 we played flashlight tag with a big kid, whole neighborhood, in the woods and neighborhood, cornfield behind. He'd jump out and grab ya, lift ya over his head, shake you, toss you on the ground and split.

Not cool............if you watched "Return to Boggy Creek" (or whatever it was called- in 2nd grade).

That garbage, along with finding some old houses in the middle of nowhere, with questionable graffiti.........

yeah, i can be a little jumpy in the woods.

Takes me a couple of days every year to mellow out. Then I'm good.

As long as I don't watch crap that reminds me of childhood stressors.

:)  

BTW, I don't believe in bigfoot.

Did hunt an area that had meth labs, organized crime dumped bodies nearby along the river, local crime fairly heavy.........so my concern about bumping into others doing nasty things, is/was justified.

I hunt another area with a cougar caught on trailcam. Doesn't phase me a bit, don't even take a sidearm there (pretty mellow area, not much 2 legged varmint trouble around).
Twist it up, don't pluck, marinate then grill.

Offline mgompf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
Not exactly during a hunt but on the way to one.
Going through the middle of nowhere Canada on the way to a bear hunt we were in 2 cars my father and a friend in the front and me and a friend behind. It was very late, maybe 12:00ish we passed a young hitchhiker carry a military style bag. We had gone a long way and not passed a single car or logging truck when about 2:00 am we passed the same hitchhiker further up the road!   :scared:
My buddy and I just looked at each other with wide eyes and didn’t say a word.   :dunno:
When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and
with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20
feet closer to God.

Offline chubber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
Indians would never leave most of us alone if there was ghost,and ive watched enough scooby do to know that theres know such things as ghost. ha just a thought.

Offline machomanandysavage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »
All right, not really supernatural but interesting nonetheless.

#1 - I was hunting my normal stand one evening a few years ago. I was seeing lots of deer and had them in front of me until well after dark and I didn't want to get down and spook them, so I waited it out. It was probably a good hour and a half after dark on one of those moonless cloudy nights where it is just pitch black when I finally heard the deer walk off.
     Of course I had forgotten my flashlight but I was hunting behind my house and have walked it in the dark tons of times before. It is about a 1/4 mile walk back. I made it out to an open "field" when I about stepped on a couple deer which about scared the feces out of me.
     I made it a bit further where there is a final trail I cut through the woods before I get up to my back yard.
     As I'm walking, I hear some steps in the brush, walking in cadence with mine it seems. So, I stop real quick and there is a couple shuffle steps and it stops. I take a few more steps and it starts going again, then I stop and it stops. I start walking faster, and it starts moving faster, and it's close - sounds maybe 10 yards in the brush. This goes on for like 75 yards of walking.
    By the time I get into the opening I am flat out hauling out of there. I run up to the house and run in and grab a light and go back to investigate.
    Of course I didn't see what it was, but it definitely got my hair on the neck standing up. Probably a vampire possum.
"Aim small, miss small"

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »
Not supernatural,but I think it will fit in:

Very early 1980's I was sitting in a tree stand the very first day of the season. To say the wind was extreme was an understatement,the squirrels were not even off the ground.

Around mid morning the local hospital Life Flight
helicopter passed by overhead and I remember saying to myself,I hope no one got hurt hunting.

Later that day I found out that three guys were
hunting across the river. Two stayed high and one decided to go down a deep ravine. A short while later the two that stayed high saw a deer sneaking up through the ravine and they picked who was going to get first shot.

The guy shot and hit,only to find out that it was there buddy crawling up through the brush.The broadhead was buried in his pelvic bone and he was blue till they got him to the top. I knew all three of the guys. It still gives me chills.

Be careful guys,there is no game animal on this earth that is worth not being able to walk out of the woods.

Good Shooting,
                              Craig

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by monkeyball:
Not supernatural,but I think it will fit in:

Very early 1980's I was sitting in a tree stand the very first day of the season. To say the wind was extreme was an understatement,the squirrels were not even off the ground.

Around mid morning the local hospital Life Flight
helicopter passed by overhead and I remember saying to myself,I hope no one got hurt hunting.

Later that day I found out that three guys were
hunting across the river. Two stayed high and one decided to go down a deep ravine. A short while later the two that stayed high saw a deer sneaking up through the ravine and they picked who was going to get first shot.

The guy shot and hit,only to find out that it was there buddy crawling up through the brush.The broadhead was buried in his pelvic bone and he was blue till they got him to the top. I knew all three of the guys. It still gives me chills.

Be careful guys,there is no game animal on this earth that is worth not being able to walk out of the woods.

Good Shooting,
                              Craig
WOW. Reading that, I was expecting him to be hit by a bullet, but never a broadhead. Some people.

Offline Jim's Mom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2010, 12:51:00 AM »
Tsalagi, I have had the same "Bermuda Triangle" experiences with arrows I can't find, usually more than one arrow though. I left some up above Coyote Flat near Bishop, CA last season. Jim

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
On second thought I think I will delete this post, too far out, better keep it to myself.

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »
ok Eric ...now *that* one really got my spidey-senses tingling !
I especially like the centuries old encounters. Very cool thread.  I don't have any 6th dimension stories, but a super natural encounter.

Was hunting high on the tree in my usual funnel spot on the ridge in northern MN.  Darkness was coming and I got ready to get down since I hadn't heard/seen anything at all on this quiet crunchy night.

As I stepped off the ladder, I could hear a deer coming FAST.  I grabbed my bow and nocked an arrow and fell to my knee in hopes I could stop it in a shooting lane. (gotta try right ?)

As the sound of the bounding deer approached I picked it's shape out of the fading light as it closed in. Before it reached range, I gave out a sharp whistle but it didn't slow one bit and FLEW through the shooting lane at what seemed about 6 feet off the ground.

There was more running sounds coming through the leaves so I gave a loud deer grunt and this time it stopped right in the shooting lane and we locked eyes at about 12 yards as two of it's buddy's reversed direction, one to my left, one to my right. But this big beautiful light colored timber wolf just gave me the stink eye as I froze not knowing what to do !  :scared:  

One mississippi, two mississippi and it was gone chasing it's partners.
Well as fate would have it, the wolves retreated right in the direction of the cabin.  Now I'm not scared to be in the woods alone but having to walk out in that direction definetely got the hairs on my neck standing at attention ! I made the trip back to the cabin making sure to whistle a little zippity doo-da and talking to myself.... ya know just to make sure I didn't get scared or anything  ;)

Lesson learned: You probably shouldn't make deer sounds when in close range to timber wolves !
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: August 24, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
Cool man, I dream of one day encountering live, wild wolves.

Offline Joshua Lee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
This thread is funny, scary, and entertaining. Watch out for the most frightening thing of all,, the guys in white coats.  They may be coming.  I love the idea of the supernatural but seriously some may want to share there story with a physician before I get shot in the woods. Don't mean to rain on the parade, and many of these stories may have merit but frankly the most scary thing about this thread is that guys may be hallucinating while carrying a weapon.  Sorry, someone had to say it.
Josh
"Success is not final
Failure is not fatal
It is the courage to continue that counts"
Churchill

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
These stories, mine in particular, do sound like the ranting of a bunch of nut cases. Imagine the stories that aren't being told for fear of ridicule.

Here is another. A good friend of mine was charged with a crime he didn't commit. He was facing 25 years in prison and it appeared the deck was stacked against him with plenty of false testimony from from the supposed "victim".

Being freedom loving a man of nature with strong ties to the outdoors, he knew he couldn't survive in prison and decided to take his life.

He asked his elderly fathers physician what would happen if his father overdosed on the pills he took to slow his heart down. The doctor told him this would stop his fathers heart.

My friend collected 50 of these pills, drove to the cemetery where his mother was buried, rolled up the windows of his car as he said "so the flies wouldn't blow me" and downed 50 of the pills.

While he was waiting to die and getting drowsy,  a doe walked out of the distant woods, walked straight to the front of his car, faced him and stared at him for quite a while before turning and walking away.

He sat there dumbfounded for a couple of hours,waiting for death that didn't come, started feeling better and drove back home.

He took the visit from the deer as an omen that he wasn't supposed to die, went to trial, was convicted and received a 25 year sentence.

His appeal, which took 3 years to be heard, consisted of 150 pages, summarizing an incredible amount of  judicial misconduct that took place during his trial. The appeals judge saw what a terrible miscarriage of justice his trial had been, declared " this man should not spend one more second in prison". He is out now and doing well.

Offline Joshua Lee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
Like I said, sorry.  It just that a lot of us, myself included, often avoid getting treatment and try to tough things out.  I love hearing these stories, but in the back of my mind for some of them I wonder if the individual could benefit from treatment.  Nothing against the supernatural, but I think that most of the time when individuals experience a supernatural event there is an underlying factor.  The "hallucination" is often a sign that something is wrong either physically or emotionally and your body is trying to tell you something isn't right.  For example, and it only seems fair that I share, one time I woke up in a friends house and thought I saw an old lady walking across the room. Looking back it was a traumatic time in my life in which a longtime girlfriend was cheating on me and I was understandably emotional.  So, I don't mean to ridicule anyone who shares an experience, but I will say that in my experience my mind/body was telling me something wasn't right. The reason I suggest treatment is because the "experience" could be something serious like an impending heart attack or emotional breakdown.  

Now, some may say that this is the supernatural letting us know something is wrong.. and you can buy which ever version you like, but I like to think the mind is an amazing organ that gives us hints every so often about our well being.  

Eric, sorry to hear about your friend. Glad to hear he is doing well.  He is lucky to be alive and have you as a friend.
"Success is not final
Failure is not fatal
It is the courage to continue that counts"
Churchill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©