3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experience  (Read 20409 times)

Re: Supernatural experience
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
oops I flinched

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 03:37:00 PM »
A few years back I was gun hunting with my brother when he shot a doe in base of the neck with his '06 at about 30 yds.  The woods were wide open mature timber with no undetstory.  The deer threw up its tail and loped off.  We walked over to the great blood trail leaving behind everything but his rifle.  While were were talking about how the deer had to be down a man suddenly spoke up about 3 feet behind us and said, "You'll never get that deer."  We looked at each other then back at the trail and my brother said look at this blood what do you mean we'll never get it?  He was gone.  We followed that deer through a sudden blizzard finally being rescued at 4 a.m. 13 miles away from the shot.  We "did" get the deer but almost wished we hadn't!

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »
thats a weird one longbowman
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
I have had two experieces with birds I thought were weird,maybe not supernatrual but weird.

Once while having a tough day of still hunting, I had not seen a deer all day. I came to the edge of some thick timber and notice that I was right under a beautiful Red Tail hawk. I was watching it above my head really taking in the moment. For some odd reason I asked it softly where were all the deer. It then flew from the tree to about a hundred yards to my left and landed. It started making alot of noise so I walk on down the trail I was on. I hadn't made it a 20 yards when two buck stood up from the tree the hawk flew to. Weird! They were the only deer I seen all day.

This last sping bear hunting I was in my tree stand watching all the chipmunks and birds feasting. Then a big raven flew in really making a scene,squaking swopping at me,ect. Finaly after about a hour of that it was getting on my nerves. I jokinly said if you leave I will save you a gut pile. The bird left right after I asked it to leave. 20 mins later I harvest my frist bear. I had to leave and come back the next morning to get my bear because of a bad lighting storm. As I was skinning and quarting the bear when I look to my side and there was that raven,almost like it appeared out of no were. That stupid raven hung around me the whole time it was maybe 3-5 yards away. I have never had a raven hang that close before and for so long. It was like he was waiting for that gut pile I had promised.

I am sure that that these birds are not supernatural(or I'm not either) but it's sure fun to think so.

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
No.

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
i like this keep them coming
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
In 1990 my dad and hunting buddy passed away in a fatal car accident. It was on Dec 13th. He died before he could get to the hospital. It sent our entire family reeling. I took a few weeks off from work to try and process everything. The only way I could process things was to get off into the woods. I would be alone and be able to talk to him. I heading into the woods one morning but was missing him deeply so I figured I would just head out and back home. As I walked out of the woods on an old fire road I can remember say out loud "I wish I could just see him one more time so he can let me know everything will be OK".  At that instant I heard a branch crack behind me I turned to see a beautiful golden retriever with noo tags standing right behind me. I called him over and he walked right up to me. I bent down and he put his head right in my hands. I petted his head for a few seconds then he turned and walked back into the woods. Now i guess here is the super natural part. I hunted this property about 120 acres for about 5 years and never saw this dog in the wood before. I continued hunting this area for another 3-4 years and never saw the dog again. I mentioned the dog to the land owner in case some was looking for the dog. Again no tags and she said she had never seen a dog fitting that description on the property or in the area before. Kind of spooky, but you know everything was OK. That was 19 years ago.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
That one made the hair stand up on my arms Pete. Wow. Sad.

That was your Dad for sure.

I hunt a very large ranch here in W. TX that has been in my buddy's family since they bought it in 1853. The patriarch of the family and driving force of the ranch lived to be 94 and was killed in a car crash, of all things. This man's presence can be felt on that ranch everywhere, as can others around the dwellings built there. When I hunt there I get out and walk and see everything. I shot a doe about two years ago and said a little thank you to him for allowing me the doe and being on the wonderful property of his family. Right after that I started finding sheds! I find all kind of hidden stuff there while hunting. I guess being on 150,000 acres alone would increase the odds, but I could literally almost see the guy watching me over my shoulder. I knew he was there.

Same thing happened to me at another piece of property I hunt on in E. Texas with another friend, it's a large place that has a very old large home on it. It has been added on to and accommodates the extended family he has. I went during the week to hunt and work remotely, and I was there in the house alone and I had an extremely clear picture of an old woman watching me, an almost photographic image and thought she's just sitting there in the room in her chair. I later learned nobody will stay in that house alone, some won't even go inside at all alone. Tough cowboys that work there won't go in that house alone. I just smiled and thanked her for having me there.

I believe this stuff.

Just my experiences....
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
I was heading back to elk camp once in the mountains and it was getting darker than I wanted it to.  Real quick.  I was pretty sure of where I was in relationship to the way back to camp, but all of a sudden I saw the remains of some old cabins and they weren't supposed to be there...  They were supposed to be a couple of ridges over. Well that discombobulated me in a hurry.

All of a sudden everywhere I looked, nothing looked familiar and I felt a twinge in my gut.  It was a little fear pang.

I didn't want to spend the night out there.  I had everything I needed, but it would be embarrassing to say the least.

Anyway, I started moving faster and faster and feeling more anxious when all of a sudden I got the thought that I should pray.  I knelt down right there and prayed, asking God to show me the way back to camp.  Right after I finished, I heard voices.  Those voices were coming from a camp I needed to pass by to get to mine. I thanked God and all my fears melted away.  I visited with the neighbors a while, enjoying the fire and the companionship before heading back to my camp.

Praise God!  He's always there when I need Him.  todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »
I recall also my fatherinlaw lost a really nice deer he shot with his longbow probably about 10 years ago, on our South TX lease, it was huge and wild as can be, in that South TX way. So he goes out and looks for it and loks for it, and he's stumped, which is rare for him. He goes back the next day and a Caracara bird lands near him, looking at him and the wind starts blowing and then it got kind of still or spooky, he just noticed it and how the bird sort of appeared from nowhere, so he asks the bird "where's the deer..." and it flies off. He later sees a Caracara bird sitting in a tree in a spot where he had looked over and over for the deer, repeatedly. Sure enough, there was that deer dead at the base of the tree. It freaked him out pretty good.
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
It's a long story, but it involves Menehune in Maui. Absolutely fantastic and beyond natural for sure.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
This happened years ago when I was shooting on our 3d range, which is in the woods about 10 min. from my house. We use to have 3d animals out all summer to practice on.

Well one day I was in the woods (4-5 hundred yards) shooting at our targets when I pulled my arrows out of the 3d and started to walked back the the trail, and someone said my name (Alan) twice. It was like they were standing close to me. I forgot to mention  when I got there I was the only one, no other truck/car was there.

I turned around and no one was there. I said out loud who's there and nobody answered. I asked again, for I thought someone must of come in when I was shooting. No body showed  them selfs so I finished shooting and walked out. When I got out to my truck I was the only one there.

I told a few people and they said they would not go shoot by them selfs again. I thought it was kind of cool.

Offline Corn Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
The day it stops being spiritual, I'm done.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
My only supernatural experience was when I had to do #2 and had some sweet roll on hand...LOL seriously I always see crap that ain't there.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Jim Jackson

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
The short version of this story is that I had the fortune to take a nice Javelina right at sunset on the 2005 Texas Sweat Hunt. Curtis Kellar & Charlie Lamb as well as others helped me on the blood trail. When we found her, we also found a surprise that had us all at a loss for words:

Look above her head, midway along the nose on the ground.

Close up:

I still have the stonepoint and always will. I also still get chills thinking about it all.  

The full story can be found at:

Archive Highlights Texas Sweat 2005
Blaze out your own trail.

Offline Wile E. Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
Yea, 16 years old in West TX got out of my blind and and started bowhunting squirrels. Got lost BAD . Prayed for guidance. Found coyote prints and remembered seeing them next to the blind I had left. Backtracked them and they lead me to my blind several hundred yards away. Had already had a deep belief in Native Spirituality but then accepted the Coyote as my Guide,
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
My brother-in-law has a lodge in Presque Isle Mi. Sometimes when you get back from hunting the radio will be on,or lights will be on that wasn't on before.Many peaple have expirienced the same thing.Kinda spooks you when you there by yourself.The hunting is good so I put up with it.

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
Pretty neat stories and got me to thinking i might share this after thirty three years. I was around 16 years old at the time. I was sitting in my tree stand across the farm from Dad. Now back than we usually sat in the tree until it got real dark. As i sat there waiting to see his flashlight across the fields, something smashed into my Ambusher stand and i slipped and dropped my bow out of the tree to the ground. I hung on there trying not to fall out, something was breathing at the base of the stand. Like i said, it was pitch black and my flashlight was in the pack on the ground 16 feet below me. I yelled at it but it never moved and i couldn't make anything out. It stayed there breathing. I finally seen dad and his light coming across the field and i yelled to him. He didn't hear me. I again yelled at what ever was below me, hoping it was someone playing a joke on me. But after threatening to kill it with my knife it still stayed there. After a while Dad got worried and came down the field with the truck to check on me. Cause man i wasn't moving from that perch. When the truck came around the bend of the field what ever it was ran off and jumped the ditch behind me. When dad pulled up i jumped to the ground running for that truck. I was shaking like a dog crapping razor blades. And white as a ghost. Dad had to retrieve my bow and pack and he made fun of me all the way home... saying it was probably a old buck trying to breed me.. the next day i went back (in the light) and checked it out. No deer tracks or any tracks around or across the ditch.. i pulled the stand and never went back there again.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
Ever hear of the Jersey Devil...Me to!
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline 2 Barrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »
Well i guess my story is a little differnt.Several guys have mentioned animals as omens.Im not a superstisous the only spirit i belive in is the holy spirit.But my animal is black cats. Its crazy but if i see a black cat in the woods or on my way to the woods its on. My best friends and hunting partners thing is a screaming hawk.If he hears one hes goin to have a good day. I think sometimes God does stuff like this to assure us to stay put,or to motivate us to get out there and do it.
Never trust a bald man with a pony tail.If he's not honest with himself.He wont be honest with you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©