3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experience  (Read 20418 times)

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Supernatural experience
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »
Well I don't know about hallucinations or white coats, but I know we all have a tendency to allow our minds to play tricks on us. Other times though, things can't be explained by science, or medicine, or within the confines of normal human behavior. Weird crap just happens sometimes. That "gut" feeling to hunt a certain stand that you had no intention of hunting pays off in a big buck, that feeling that runs up your spine when you know something weird is about to happen and you stumble upon a single soldier's grave in the middle of an old farmstead, or that dream that you have about someone that you haven't seen in ages only to find out they died the night you had the dream. All those things have happened to me. I haven't tried to define them: I just telll myself to listen, take it in, and roll with it. Besides, the next time it tells me to hunt a stand and I kill another Booner it will be a trend instead of a random, freakish event  :)
Mike Davenport

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2010, 12:41:00 AM »
I have enjoyed reading this thread! I am ready for more tells.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2010, 05:08:00 AM »
While scouting for game I had one most unusual experience. It was not supernatural in the head spinning sense of Linda Blair in those "possessed" movies, ha ha. But like Mudd, being out in nature is in itself a link to the divine. Anyway, this one day, walking in the woods scouting for game, I stopped to say a prayer. I was just overcome with natural beauty all around me. As I opened my eyes and looked skyward, 2 Bald Eagles flew low over me. I could hear their wings beating. Speechless, I paused for a few minutes. As I continued to walk, my footsteps were a bit lighter on the path.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: August 25, 2010, 06:09:00 AM »
Shifting Shadow-"I stopped to say a prayer. I was just overcome with natural beauty all around me."

Does it get any better than that?..... No way!! I'm saying!!

Those are some of the "coolest" moments in life as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you Shifting Shadow for sharing that particular moment.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
Thanks for the comments, Mudd. Looking forward to this Fall.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline richbat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
had something happen several years ago while deer hunting on the ridge behind my parents house,story goes like this it was raining lightly and it was rifle season for buck only,so i was stalking around since the rain made it much quieter to do so,i came up from the bottom a place we called high point,the deer use this trail quite alot running off the ridge,so i sat there for awhile then started stalking to the top of the ridge,i got maybe 100 tards and spotted a small spike browsing,i took the shot,after the shot went to see if it was a good hit,but found nothing,no hair,no blood nothing.well searched the spot some more and found a hole in a tree where the deer was standing,so i kinda of figured i'd missed,so now it's been like 25 to 30 minutes gone by and searching the area everywhere for any kind of sign and still nothing,so i'm just about to give up and i start to hear someone yelling and asking if this was my deer up here on top of the ridge,i look up and see nobody there,so i figure i'm just hearing things but then i hear the yelling again,still see no one,now i'm thinking i'm going crazy,so i walk up to where i hear all this yelling and nobody is there and you can see for a very long distance across the ridge,nobody. so i drop down to the otherside of the ridge and there lays my deer i had shot,but not one bullet hole in it anywhere and then checked to see if maybe it had broke it's neck when running off and that wasn't it either,this has always made me wonder how did the deer die and who was doing all the yelling,guess you had to be there,but was really freaky.
Richard Battistoni

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by Hookeye:
Killed my biggest buck (gun kill) after walking halfway to my stand in the dark, by Mini-maglight.

Got rather unsettled, and went back to the truck, waited for some daylight.

Then snuck in, a couple hrs later I had the deer down.

Why did I not go into the woods in the dark?

Watched "Blair Witch" the night before.

Killing deer at night with a gun and flashlight?  I think I'd be more concerned about the game warden.    :readit:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
He went halfway there,came out and waited for light. Then he went back in and shot his deer.

Yeah, I know. I had to read it a lot before I got what he meant. Need a little "scratching the old noggin" gremlin here.

I can't make myself believe that all those times that I experienced something magical, it just meant that I needed a shrink or a good zap in the head. Give me beauty, wonder, and a link with the Creator any day. Now, seeing a guy cruise by on a bicycle when there was no trail... that was dehydration and a buck. Fortunately, when I get too dry, I see people that are really deer, not deer that turn out to be people.

Killdeer   :campfire:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
I think there are two kinds of supernatural one is mentally induced and the other is real and occasionally percieved by us meer mortals.  Twins have a link no one can explain, humans only use one eight of their brains what could we do if we could access the rest.  Scientists have proven multiple dimensions exist and we can only sense three of them.   We know there is good and evil in the world and that those beings can create supernatural events by their actions.  This list goes on and on.  Not every unexplainable event can be written off to mental issues.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
I think there are two kinds of supernatural one is mentally induced and the other is real and occasionally percieved by us meer mortals.  Twins have a link no one can explain, humans only use one eight of their brains what could we do if we could access the rest.  Scientists have proven multiple dimensions exist and we can only sense three of them.   We know there is good and evil in the world and that those beings can create supernatural events by their actions.  This list goes on and on.  Not every unexplainable event can be written off to mental issues.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
He went halfway there,came out and waited for light. Then he went back in and shot his deer.

Yeah, I know. I had to read it a lot before I got what he meant. Need a little "scratching the old noggin" gremlin here.
DOH!!!  I see it now.  Thanks, Killie.  I have a natural ability to be a bonehead.

Hookeye, I apologize.  I misread your post and accused you of poaching.  My bad entirely.  If and when we ever meet, I owe you a cold one (or three).    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
When with Woody, do not order anything "on the rocks".

Ow.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
I just saw this thread and have to admit it's pretty intriguing. I'm one of those guys that weird stuff happens to all the time. Not all supernatural but definitely weird. They happen  often enough I hesitate sometimes telling people. But I did in fact write about a few of them in my new book. For example, six or seven years ago I was bowhunting hogs at one of our Pig-Gigs on a remote ranch south of Artesia Wells, Texas. The second or third day the ranch manager, Lance Johnson, dropped me off at a waterhole for the evening sit. He mentioned it'd be well after dark by the time he could pick me up. No problem. I'm a big boy and not afraid of the dark. This was a remote property behind a half dozen locked gates that happened to lie in a main migration route for Mexican illegals walking through. We were told to try to avoid them although there had not been any serious incidents. So, it gets dark and I work my way out to the sandy, gravel ranch road and my designated meeting area. This was approximately the third week in March, the weather was clear and the night sky brilliantly full of stars. There was little moonlight. It was simply a beautiful, calm night in south Texas. Standing in the brush just off the side of the road, I wanted to see both directions because I wasn't sure which way my ride would come from. Suddenly, down the road I saw a small light go on. It kept lit for a few seconds but turned off just as I raised my binoculars for a peek. I estimated it was about 150 yards from me. A few minutes of darkness slipped by when the light suddenly came on again. This time it was maybe a hundred yards away. I got my binoculars on it this time. It looked like a small flashlight shining on the ground. The first thing that came to my mind was a group of illegals walking with a penlight. The light went off. The next time it came on I judged it to be maybe only fifty yards from me. It only stayed on a few seconds but I realized it was getting closer. This could get interesting. I planned to just stand quietly camouflaged in the brush and just let them walk by. I have to fess up to the fact I entertained the idea of letting them get ten feet from me and jump out like a roaring tiger. But then I thought I might not have enough arrows with me. Then, it dawned on me I wasn't hearing any footsteps. That thought just crossed my mind when the light came on again. I about dumped a load because the distance was about six or seven FEET from me. No sound, no motion, just a simple white light pointing at the ground. I'm going to estimate it came from a height of maybe thirty inches. The white light was an illuminated cone- shape with the top of the cone about thirty inches. As stated, the light was white not at all yellowish. It shined a perfectly round white circle on the ground. In other words, the illuminated circle lit the ground with a distinct edge, unlike a flooded light. It was similar to an LED flashlight shining on the ground at close range. I'd estimate the diameter of the circle of light on the ground to be maybe sixteen to eighteen inches. Now remember, this was six or seven feet from me. The thought then came to me it must be some type of predatory insect or bat that hovers or something, illuminating the ground in search of bugs to feed on. I'm standing there with my bow in my left hand and flashlight in my right. Whatever it was, it was hovering six or seven feet from me. I pointed my flashlight at the upper point of the cone of light and hit my switch. Whatever it was instantly turned off and was gone. I saw nothing, I heard nothing. When the ranch manager picked me up I nonchalantly told him about it, figuring it was some kind of south Texas insect I'd never heard of. He looked at me crazy and wanted to know if I ever did drugs (no). Since then I've brought the subject up a dozen times and not even a nibble. I even did some research on the internet looking for info on insects, bats, birds or whatever that illuminated. I came up with nothing but lightning bugs. And I'll guarantee whatever it was I saw was not a lightning bug. Nor was it "swamp gases". I've been humored by people telling me it was probably a tiny UFO (who said all UFOs have to be big). I really don't care what people say, I know what I saw (or I should say I DON'T know what I saw). I too am a Christian and I swear to God this is a true story. You can either believe it or leave it alone. You tell me. I'd love to know. BW

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
Whoa    :scared:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline glass76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: August 25, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
BW, when you find out where the light came from, please let us know.

« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
Barry, you must have seen one of those inter- dimensional UFOs.  It was probably farther away from you than you thought. They were probably hog hunting, everyone has got to eat and I have never seen a gray or a lizard man in a super market.  Maybe, it could have been some kind  of a holographic probe that the government uses to keep tabs on the illegal traffic that is kept top secret.  It would be cool if you had another siting
Besides bumping into Toad in the middle of a cornfield, who was after the same buck I was, and getting attacked by a screech owl.  The weirdest thing that ever happened was once I heard a little girl crying for help.  I had shimmied up a hard to climb tree and I was on my way down to help. I could tell the little girl was coming straight towards me, when suddenly a fat man, bawling like he lost his mama, with a huge badger hot on his heels came charging past.

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: August 25, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
Again not supernatural but another example of how weird stuff happens to me, just last year on my way into a morning stand before light I had a flashlight in my teeth when some kind of bird hit me upside the head knocking my hat off. That's the third time that's happened to me. Another morning during the rut I sat a stand from before light until about 9:30 and never saw a deer. Deciding to move to a different stand because of marginal wind directions I packed up the camera, lowered my bow and started down the ladder. I was about halfway down and all of a sudden had SEVEN racked bucks and about a dozen does come running at me from three different directions. I just stood there halfway down the ladder, not wanting to educate them to my position. My bow was still on the haul-line. After a couple minutes of chasing there was about a fifteen second lull so I quickly climbed back up and pulled my bow up, looked around and they were all gone. It just shows you it can happen at any second during the rut. BW

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2010, 03:59:00 AM »
As always that's some good stufff Barry!
Thanks for sharing.

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Looper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2010, 04:45:00 AM »
Pavan, that's pretty darned funny.  Did you say anything to him?

I've had a few interesting experiences.  Some had explanations, others not so much.

I lived in Alaska for most of the 1990s and for several lived in a little 12x16 cabin set amongst some huge fir trees. I had electricity, but no running water.  There was a little creek that ran within 20 yards of the cabin, and, although it was only 3 feet across and less than a foot deep, it would get packed with salmon every August.  Black bear were constantly peeking in my windows and standing on my porch.  More than once I couldn't open my door to go to work because of a huge black bear enjoying his breakfast.

One night I was laying on my cot, listening to the rain and the salmon splashing in the creek when I thought I heard a child scream. I was in that really relaxed state of mind and thought maybe I imagined it.  To be sure, I got up, went outside, and stood on my porch.  There weren't any houses nearby and it would have been really strange for someone to be out in that area in the middle of the night.

I stood there for several minutes, listening as hard as I could.  That forest was always really strangely quiet.  There were no insect or animal noises at all.  Just the sound of the creek and the small drops of rain. I figured I must have imagined that scream and turned to go inside.

Right as I turned the doorknob, I heard it again.  There was no mistaking it this time.  And it was much louder.  I'll tell you, every hair on my body stood on end.  I figured I had to see what the heck was going on, so I pulled on my boots, grabbed my flashlight and took off towards where the noise came from.

I didn't turn my flashlight on just yet.  I could see just enough to make my way.  I had gone maybe 50 or 60 yards when I heard a distinctly different bunch of noises.  The first was a loud huffing sound. Like something large breathing in and out as fast as it could.  Then I heard a low gutteral growl, then a bunch of limbs and sticks breaking.  Then all hell broke loose.  There was wailing and roaring and teeth popping and limbs breaking and, in the midst of all that, the sound of a baby squalling for its mama.

Mind you, I'm standing there in the woods, in the dark, in my shorts and rubber boots with all of this going on within 30-40 yards from me.  I thought I'd better retreat and find safe haven.

I flew back to the cabin, locked myself in and grabbed my shotgun.  I was rattled to say the least.  My heart was pumping out of my chest.  There was no way I would sleep that night.

The next morning, I did a little reconnaissance mission to see if I could figure out what the heck went on.  Armed with my Benelli full of 00 and slugs, I made my way to the scene.  There were huge tufts of black hair everywhere.  Newly broken limbs and branches were littered about and the ground was torn up in a 20 square yard area.  Several of the trees had scrape marks up and down them.  

To shorten up a long story, it appeared that a big black bear boar had tried to take a cub.  Mama bear was probably fishing nearby and upon hearing the baby squalling, came zooming in to the rescue. By all accounts, she did an admiral job.

I'll tell you one thing, it is quite an experience to hear that much commotion go on yards in front of you and not be able to see it.

I'll share some other storys later.

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2010, 05:28:00 AM »
Hitting what I shoot at!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©