3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experience  (Read 20423 times)

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Supernatural experience
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
This happened at the last Pig Gig.  It was bizarre.  Kinda freaked me out.  We were all standing around eating and somebody said, "Anybody want any more brats?"  And Barry says, "No thanks, I'm full."

Weird, huh?

:wavey:    :jumper:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline mrjsl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
I have not had any weird experiences i can't explain, but my dogs have them all the time.

I spend a lot of time in the woods at night coon hunting, and you see a lot of crazy stuff in the woods at night. Yellow jackets do not like bright lights shined at them, for one thing. I have had a coon try to run up my leg a dozen times. I've had freaky encounters with eyes looking at me that turned out to be those bright eyes tacks (I hate those things, they scare the crap out of me at night). I've run up on a trail camera or two and got flashed - that will stop your heart for a second.

My older dog is a half treeing walker / half cur, and when she was a year old I hunted her a lot by herself. She is the spoookiest dog I've ever had and she gets spooked a lot.

One night we were hunting in kind of a piney woods area that dropped off into a bottom and she was going along right in front of me and she stopped and went rigid looking in one direction. The hair on her back stood up and she was growling at something. In just a minute she lit out after it bawling constantly. Normally she runs coons with a choppy squeal, but she was deep bawling on this, and she ran almost out of earshot before turning and coming straight back at me. Buddy, I was clenched up and had my 22 pistol out and off safety as she got closer and closer, and eventually she just shut up - sounded like a 50 yards away, and after a minute she came trotting up to me in the dark like nothing was wrong. I have no idea what she was running, but it had me spooked.

« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »
No looper I did not.  He was wearing a yellow and white striped shirt and purple chord pants.  He was around the bend before I had a chance to do anything.

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Not supernatural but i thought it would fit well.

My grandpa had a Navy budy who lived in Florida and was hunting a usual stand of his. A man walked up to hem dressed as a game warden and told him to climb out of the stand. When he got down the "warden" shot him four times killing him instantly. The "warden" ended up being a cereal killer who had killed three other hunters in the same manner just for the money that was in their wallet. When the police finally caught the guy he took his own life in the jail cell he was being held in with a gun the  police didnt find on him in their pat down.
Aim small, miss small

I dont miss i give warning shots

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
Me and my dad were hunting turkey on the Mnt. Roosevelt WMA in Tennessee. We parked at the begining of the gated road and worked our way about 500 yards back into the timber. We were on the last hill before the trail ended just about to hit the peak when an old jeep wrangler came flying over the hill and not 2 feet beside us in the pitch black of night with his lights on. It showed no reaction to us just kept going. I swore up and down to my dad that there was no man in the car but he insisted that there had to be. We hunted the rest of the day not 50 yards from the place were the incident happened without anymore disturbances. On our way back out there was not a single tire track to be found.
Aim small, miss small

I dont miss i give warning shots

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
This is a neat thread...here's a scary moment from me:

I graduated college and found a rental house right on Kentucky Lake at Blood River. Had a great job in the ICU and was waiting on my girlfriend (now wife) to finish up at Murray State. It was great because I had thousands of acres of TVA land to hunt lterally right out my backdoor. I could walk to any number of places to hunt. It was great and I would be there today if my wife didn't make me move to Illinois (poor me)to live in whitetail heaven.

Fort Campbell is a short ride from there (remember that), and I visited my brother with the 101st when I could. When I wasn't hunting  :)   I walked across a giant cattle pasture one afternoon and went to one of my stands in the early fall, about a mile walk. When it was time to climb down I remembered I forgot my flashlight. No problem, I'd find the pasture and walk home. Coarse I stumbled around some and got almost turned around. My nerves were a little frayed when I reached the pasture. I caught a compass reading by the light of the moon and started walking. I was a little jumpy but I had my heading and felt safe.

Out of the sky I hear a sudden "whoosing" noise from just over the tree tops, and my heart-rate soared. All at once a giant spotlight nailed me in the middle of the field from above. I hit the deck and thought this is it: I am gonna get picked up by aliens and get butt-doodled by little green men. After a second or two, and amungst my sobs, I hear the rotor wash of the Blackhawk and realized I had just been punked by some guys from Ft Campbell during one of their many exercises on the river.

I can imagine what they thought was maybe a cow or deer that they were just taking a peak at and see this dude on the ground with a longbow crying to God to take him home. I bet they still have a laugh over that...I do  :)
Mike Davenport

Offline Trooper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
Now that's funny!
It's not what you kill but how you hunt...

« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
Now I don't want to get Mr. Wensel to upset here, however, I think maybe he should read this.  I talked to a man today, that owns land in Texas.  He reported seeing almost an identical light episode, including one that is so bizarre while wearing night vision goggles, that I cannot hardly believe it myself.  Now I am tempted to go to Texas so I can see this as well, it would not be the first time that my curiosity got me into trouble.

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by pavan:
Now I don't want to get Mr. Wensel to upset here, however, I think maybe he should read this.  I talked to a man today, that owns land in Texas.  He reported seeing almost an identical light episode, including one that is so bizarre while wearing night vision goggles, that I cannot hardly believe it myself.  Now I am tempted to go to Texas so I can see this as well, it would not be the first time that my curiosity got me into trouble.
That's it?   :readit:
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
What I am saying is that there is someone in Texas that believes he saw the same thing, whatever it was.  The deal with the night vision goggles had to do with things in the air that looked alive and could be varied at times in length and width. I don't want to believe it, but I am curious.

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
See? Fess up... you all thought I was fibbing and/or a psycho. Ha. Fill us in what he thought he saw pavan. I'm curious too. BW

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
pavan, I'm just messing with you. I would like more details though.   :campfire:  

Originally posted by pavan:
The deal with the night vision goggles had to do with things in the air that looked alive and could be varied at times in length and width.
I have one of these, but I didn't know it could fly or cast a beam of light.    :laughing:
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2010, 01:21:00 AM »
He thought it was flashlight too.  But, it did not have any wobble as it moved.  He was shocked when it went across a nearly dried up muck filled stock pond that he was planning on hunting by.  When it got light there were nothing but deep animal tracks in the muck and it almost sucked his boots off as he struggled to walk a part way into it.  The story about the thing in the air that he could see with night vision goggles has me a bit baffled as well. Since I have no facts, I can draw no conclusions on these strange tales, who knows.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
My wife's nephew is an intelligent, successful farmer. His family farms thousands of acres, a million bucks to them is seed money.

He told me about his strange light encounter a couple years ago. Now, this guy is as arrow straight and honest as they come.

He said he saw a faint red light moving slowly across one of the fields behind his house one night. The light was headed his way so he stayed put. As the light got closer he could see it was only about 10 feet off the ground and small. When it passed over his head he saw only a glowing red orb about the size of a baseball, traveling soundlessly. Maintaining the same casual speed it crossed his yard and disappeared across an adjacent field. Alien probe, Who knows?

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
Here is my UFO story.

I was bowhuntig on the Dixie Archers hunting club one evening, didn't see any deer so I left about dark thirty for the 40 mile drive home. I left the club land, turned left on the Sally Burns road and drove north. When I got to the intersection of the Sally Burns Road and Mt Hester road I was adjacent to some land my friend Ralph Waldrep hunted.

I saw a light at the end of a hay field on the land and assumed it was the headlights of Ralph's truck.

Always one to compare notes with my hunting buddies I stopped my truck, got out on the opposite side from the light and shouted "do any good Ralph". It was a very still evening and I was sure my voice would carry the 300 yards to where I saw the light but I got no response.

When I walked around my truck and started down a field road toward the light I could tell it wasn't headlights that I was seeing across the field. It was a round sphere of bright light about the size of a Volkswagen. It appeared to be hovering silently a few feet off the ground.

Directly behind the object was a steep hill rising several hundred feet to the top of a ridge, to the left of it was a creek bottom and an open hollow that extended for miles.  

When I took a couple more steps in it's direction it started drifting soundlessly to the left toward the open creek bottom.

When it got over the creek bottom it left to the east. I mean it really left. We are talking Star Trek, warp speed left. It went from being a Volkswagen sized orb of light to a pin prick of light disappearing at least 10,000 feet up in the blink of an eye.

I was a helicopter crew chief in the Army back in the 60s so I know aircraft and altitude.

After it left I stood there awestruck thinking," I actually saw one, a real UFO".

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
Look at "ball lightning" in wikipedia.  Sounds similar to what you guys are describing -- except Gatekeeper.    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
I just read up on the ball lightning thing. The shoe doesn't fit on what I distinctly remember. It describes the ball lightning is a "globe" of electricity. What I saw was not at all globe shaped. It was a perfect cone shape, similar to a road construction cone, with very distinct edges of light and a precise pointed top of light. I suppose it's possible for gases to form a distict shape but that'd be stretching it for me. What I recall was a light beam radiating from a precise source/origin, just a few feet away from me. I don't mean to try to convince anyone, I'm just trying to describe it accurately. Still has me stumped. BW

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »
In the early 80s I was stationed at Tatalina AFS in Alaska. I was a radar operator on part of the dew line radar. Our scope covered MT Mckinnly, it showed up as a huge blip on the radar. Being one of the lowest in rank I had to work the night shift.
 One night (many actually) we had unidentified blips that would circle Mt Mckinnelly, then they would cross our scope in seconds not minuets like a sr71 would.One time we actually scrambled on the bogeys and listening to the pilot description was frightning.I spent 14 months on that tour 30 men no women, 1 radio station which was afrn, didn't make enough money to hunt and didnt matter as there were no bows or sporting guns anywhere on station. We were resupplied once every 3 months by c130 when they could land and the only tv we got to see were old vhs reruns of 3s company and mash
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »
WE ARE NOT ALONE!

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
There are billions of stars and millions of planets out there.  There is no way we are alone.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©