3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experience  (Read 20411 times)

Re: Supernatural experience
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
I sleep with socks and converse all stars, just in case I need to run fast.
   I forgot about my super natural experience that I just had while I was preparing some broadheads for this year.  I was building some left wing Hill broadheads.  I usually grind them part way and then go to a file and then a diamond hone.  While sitting in my bedroom I got out my stuff to finish the job. With one head when I started with my diamond hone, I noticed that the broadhead was squeaking.  I thought hmm, never had that before. Looking at the blade I could not see why it was squeaking. But when I started with the hone it started squeaking again, except louder.  I thought now that is weird and I stopped to take a look again.  This time with my glasses on.  To my amazement the thing was squeaking while I was just looking at it.  Then I felt a slight buffeting breeze on the back of my ears.  I spun around to see the largest bat in the world trying to land on my face.  I took a couple of pokes at it with the arrow, but the bat was fast and persistent.  So, I panicked and ran for the front door screaming for help, but only the bat and my dog could hear that pitch. When I got to the front door the bat and the dog beat there, and I was even wearing my super fast moose hide moccasins.  I turned and ran for the back door screaming even louder and higher and still no one could hear me.  the dog and the bat beat me to the back door.  My wife could hear the dog bark and got up.  this diverted the bat's attention and I got out of the door.  I threw open both doors and eventually the bat found his freedom and left.  I had to buy my wife a new Lost Creek NAT, just so she will like me again.

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
The previous home we rented and lived in for 8 years was on 180 acres about 60 timber and good hunting. When my Dad passed on Christmas eve 2004 I told myself to shoot a arrow into those woods in rememberance of my Dad who got me into archery and instilled traditional archery in my heart. Well I took the time to go out into the middle of the field and let one fly into the woods praying for my Dad the entire time. A few days later I go out back to my archery target to do some shooting. Much to my amazement that arrow was in the bullseye on my bag target. I have only ever told my wife this story and now to you TradGang members. Flint

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »
I was about 16 yrs old we were deep in the swamps of Ehrhardt S.C. about 15 miles from my home in Bamberg S.C. We were coon hunting and it was late in the year cold pretty clear night but in the swamp the light was broken up by the trees.

We heard the dogs going crazy about 100 yds further in the swamp we made our way back to the dogs thinking we got us a coon up a tree. I was with my brother, Gilbert Miller our coach from the 4-H rifle team Blain Hefflefinger and Robbie Smith and a few guys we met that evening. Well we got to where the dogs were and Blain screamed out like something had him good. Robbie was next to him and screamed out, seeing nothing I came closer and the shadow of a tree had the most perfect image of a huge creature and Blains shirt was caught on a branch. As I tried to help free him from the creature we thought we saw, the dogs still going crazy my brother yelled out and we knew we saw something move this time. Well the dogs didn't have a coon in a tree but a bobcat that must have been close to 30# and between the dogs and us yelling in the woods the bobcat had enough and used my brother as a springboard to high tail it out of there. We were never more relieved to see a bobcat. Not supernatural but close enough for us.
USMC 82-86

Offline Looper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
When I was a teen and in to my early 20s, I'd take an annual canoe trip down the north fork of the Edisto River in South Carolina. I'd take a buddy and go anywhere from 3 to 10 days.  My dad would drive us down, drop us off, and come get us when I'd call.  

They were awesome adventures and I saw all sorts of strange things. The absolutely strangest, though, was pretty spooky.

My buddy and I pitched our tent on one of the few dry spots in the middle of that swamp.  This was before gps systems, but I knew from my maps that we were in as remote a spot as you can get in SC.  We were sitting around our fire, recapping the days events, and were getting ready to hit the sack.

All of a sudden, both Russell and I both got a severe case of goosebumps.  As we both sat there, wondering what the heck was going on, a person appeared about 20 feet from us.  I jumped to my feet, but didn't say anything.  The man, an older black person, looked at both of us, turned around without saying a word, and walked back in the woods.  

I was so shocked to see someone out in the swamp where we were, I couldn't speak.  After a second or two Russell yelled out in a very girlish voice, something to the effect of "don't come back, we've got guns!"

We both got this really uneasy feeling and stoked the fire up.  We didn't sleep at all and left as soon as there was enough light to see the next morning.

The freakiest thing about the whole incident is that we didn't hear a sound.  The ground was covered in leaves and sticks and nothing could walk in that area without making an awful racket. That old man didn't make a sound.

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
North Edisto that must be near Orangeburg or Branchville area. I know the area well. That makes sense I know we came across a cabin in a spot that I still don't know how they managed to build. Deep in the swamp. We didn't hang around.
USMC 82-86

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: August 31, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
Prolly the ghost of Will Thompson's guide.

Killdeer   :campfire:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: August 31, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
there's enough on this thread to keep the "Monster Quest" team going for a long time. Maybe "Ghost Hunters" or that UFO show thing.

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »
This was a very interesting thread!!!

anyone else have a story to share?
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline jim phenes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: October 21, 2010, 12:58:00 AM »
my 45 dollar ben pearson recurve has a supernatural power i believe! it belonged to my favorite barber whom i used to get my hair cut every month as a kid. when i joined the military he passed away. fast forward eight years later a guy i knew where i worked had an old recurve in his basement long story short it belonged to my barber who passed away eight years earlier, the two were old buddies i guess, so that year i shot it every day and hunted with it that fall, an eight pointer walked 12 yds from me on the ground i double lunged the buck, i believe that my barber was there that day it just felt like something was there guiding my arrow! to the date its the biggest buck i have ever taken, not to mention with a 45 dollar recurve!

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2010, 05:40:00 AM »
Highpiont I understand I have a thing with birds.   :dunno:  

One year I was deer hunting in the west desert country of Utah with a freind. We had hunted all day with no luck. On are way home we were talking about UFO's and strange things in the night,we had just watch a T.V. special on things like that. We were young and full of crazy ideas. We then we came acrossed a truck with both doors open in the middle of the road with two older gentelmen out side of it. There was a big light about 40 ft off the ground and the two guys were outside of their truck looking like they had seen a ghost. We stop to help or to see what was going on. When I step out side of our truck the wind was blowing sand and grit in my face but not a sound. We all just look at each other and said nothing. We were maybe 75 yards at the most from the light but there was no sound. We all stood out side of our vehicals not knowing what to say or do. I was thinking UFO! Then I heard the distinked sound of a jet turbine fire up then I clearly heard the sound of a hellacopter blades pounding. It then lifted off and was gone that quick. At that time I had never heard of a whisper mode on a hellacopter but i heard nothing but the wind until thous jet engines fired up. Infact not for many year later did I hear of such things. I'm sure that there was a couple of military boys that had a good laugh at our account that night. We were real close to a miliary base that has be blamed for many UFO sightings. Boy I sure thought I was going to see my frist E.T. that night.

Offline 2 Barrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
Dang it twitch.I thought we were goin to get a good probein story out of that.LOL
Never trust a bald man with a pony tail.If he's not honest with himself.He wont be honest with you.

Offline Groundpounder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Groundpounder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
wanted to bring this back in the spirit of halloween hoping maybe someone had some new stories?

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
anyone?

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
This isn't related to traditional archery but it's just... I don't even know what to call it but it sure was cool to have it happen.

Maybe you can explain how or why something like this happens?

I am pulling out of my driveway this morning headed to the store and Casey's to pick up the milk, Orange juice and doughnuts for church. I am backing out  onto the street but before I  can start forward after getting out into the street I see a CD laying on the edge of the road almost in my driveway. I started to go on but for whatever reason I changed my mind and partially pulled back into my drive, got out and picked it up.

I inspected it and it was undamaged as far as I can tell. I read the label and nothing rings a bell with me as I've never heard of the musical group.

I have a CD player in the truck so I pop it in and listen to the music from that moment until I get to church.

Fast forward, church is over and I climb into my truck and head home.  The CD is still in the player and continues playing from where it stopped previously.I get about a mile from church and the thought pops into my head that while this music is ok it's just not my kind of music.

I immediately remembered something our young minister said during either church or Sunday school about his love of music and how varied his tastes are so it hit me that I was going back to church and give the CD to him.

I walk in and he and his wife are standing around visiting with some folks and when it feels like the appropriate time I step up handing him the CD and at the same time asking him if he knows anything about the group listed on the label. He starts laughing and hands the CD to his wife.
His wife says "See I didn't lose this!"

Go figure? He hasn't been to my house in several months but I seemed to have found his CD directly at the end of my driveway barely in the edge of the street.

What are the chances of this just being a great series of coincidences?

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »
People may have supernatural or religious experiences.  People also have a powerful natural intuitive sense, which can add an enormous extra dimension to your life.  We live it every day as we shoot traditional bows without sights.  Figure that moving the front of the arrow more than 1/8" will throw you out of a 6" circle at 20 yards.  Look closely at anyone shooting a bow.  The front of their arrow is moving more than 1/8" all the time, and yet if that person is a reasonably competent archer, he will be able to hit inside of a 6" circle at 20 yards.  How is that possible?  You can't consciously decide when to release the arrow, because you can't know, consciously, when the tip of the arrow is moving within the 1/8" gap needed to hit within a 6" circle.  But you can learn to do that.  How?  By intuitively knowing when to release the arrow (or instinctively, as we like to say).

The same is true of life in general.  Have you ever felt that a business or personal acquaintance needed to be called?  They probably did.  Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night with the solution to a problem in your life?  It was your intuition.  Honestly, have you ever made any important decision in your life based solely on logic and deduction?  If you're like me, your intuition called the final shot.  We don't know what intuition is, and it is definitely outside of logic and mental calculation, but the more that you recognize that it is real and can be a powerful force for you, the better you can use it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline firsted

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: November 01, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »
Yep, in Eastern Oklahoma.  One year, I was hunting in an area by myself, my 2 friends hunting in a nearby draw area.  Thoughout the day I kept seeing movement and forms that just weren't there.  I kept seeing kind of "ghostly" images that I couldn't explain.  Back at camp, I told my friends about my experiences & they just made fun of me - small wonder, I'm sure I sounded adled.  The next year, one of my friends and I went back to the area I was in the previous year.  We were separated by about 1/2 mile and didn't mention the previous year's experience.  At the end of that day, back at camp, my friend came up to me & told me, "man, I saw some strange things!".  He wasn't kidding as he later told me he had forgot about my earlier experiences & he was being honest, too.  I also again saw weird shapes and inexplicable movement.  We both saw lots of whitetail but too far to shoot at.  The funny thing was we later found out from locals that the area we were hunting was reported to be an old Native burial site.  As a geologist, I'm not prone to whimsy & have a "seeing is believing" kind of attitude.  Well, I saw it!  
That's my story & I'm sticking to it!
Eddie Paulsgrove
*** Skysoldier - 1/509 ABN

--"You don't get old until your dreams are replaced by regrets"--

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: November 02, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
I have read this entire thread and found if fascinating.  I have been a little hesitant to share my story, 'cause some of the few people I have told it to were disbelieving and thought I was nuts.  It also isn't hunting related, but does include the outdoors and fishing.
  During much of my early life, I would have dreams, or probably more accurately, little flashes of deja vu quite often.  Usually, I would have these little flashes when dreaming and then sometime in the future be in a situation where I would have that "I've been here before" feeling.  I would then remember the "dream" or whatever it might be called.  This would happen to me a lot, and it really kind of freaked me out.
  I grew up in Iowa and was about 10 or 11 I think.  I had one of these visons, dreams, deja vu experiences that was a bit longer and more real than others.  I had the same 'dream' twice.  In the dream, I was standing on an old bridge, one of those steel girder arch type old bridges common years ago.  It had a wooden deck and wooden guard rails.  My younger brother (6 years younger) was on the bridge with me, and we went to the side of the bridge to look at the raging, flooding river below.  My brother leaned against the rail and it broke, he fell, and as if in slow motion, I looked down at him as he fell, looking up at me with his mouth open in a silent scream before he disappeared in the flood waters of the river below.  Each time I had this 'dream' I woke up crying and scared to death.  
  Some time later, within the year, we were down at one of my uncles farms for a visit.  None of us were doing much,so my uncle asked if we wanted to go to the river to fish.  This was odd, because I have never known my uncle to hunt or fish.  But I was obsessed with fishing or anything to do with nature and the outdoors, and so was so excited and wanted to go.  My dad, uncle, older brother and I wanted to go.  My little brother (4 or 5 at the time) heard us talking and wanted to go. For some reason I didn't understand, I immediately without thought said, "no, you can't go!"  He  was upset and started crying and said he wanted to go.  I got quite rude and mean to him telling him that he couldn't go.  He ran in the house crying, and my dad looked at me and asked what my problem was and that I had acted like a jerk. My brother wouldn't come out of the house.
  My uncle, dad, oldr brother, cousin and I went to the river. I had not been at this location before.  We saw the river was very high with flooding, so we walked out on the bridge to look at it.  I was out front, and walked part way out and then walked to the rail to look down.  I put my hand on the rail, and it was broken, and started to swing out.  If I had leaned against it, I would have fallen through, and as I looked down at the river, it was the exact scene from my "dream", except without my brother falling into the river.  I was so overwhelmed, I ran back to the car and said I wanted to go home.  For some reason at the time, I could not tell anyone what happened, I guess because it scared me so much. I remember that day quite clearly 40 years later.

I believe God saved  my brothers life that day.  After thinking about it, I am amazed that after that and a few other things in my life, that I ever question God, or struggle with faith, but I sometimes do.  Maybe I am a little crazy, but this story is the absolute truth.
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: November 02, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »
Dave, a while back they had an article in "traditional bowhunter" called hunters intuition.

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »
since this was such a fun thread I thought it should be placed back up at the top of the powwow, for new people to enjoy and for new stories to be told.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©