3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experience  (Read 20392 times)

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Supernatural experience
« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
Well I just read from page 1 to 20. WOW! This is a great and very intense thread! I've got a few unexplainable things but I'll just stick to the ones while I was hunting.

When I was 13 (so only 10 years ago), I was hunting turkey. Back then I hunted by myself. The only thing  I hunted with other people was pheasant. Anyways, I was turkey hunting and walking across a winter wheat field in mid April (so the wheat was about 6 inches tall). I was walking to the creek where I spotted some turkeys. All the sudden I caught some movement coming out of the creek. I got my binoculars out and saw a rabbit running with a MOUNTAIN LION on its tail. Now I live in northwest KS and we're not supposed to have those here. I fell flat to the field and watched as the lion catch its meal and trotted back into the woods. Needless to say I found a different flock of turkeys to hunt that day.

I would tell people about it and would get that, "your crazy" look. Now 10 years later I know of over a dozen sitings and the state recognized mountain lions as being in the state.

This happened two years ago this last April. I was in college and spring break was coming up and I didn't have any plans. My fiancée (now wife) wasn't in school just working and took off that whole week to be with me. Well that Friday before spring break I had a friend call and ask if I wanted to go hog hunting in Oklahoma. Well DUH! Probably goes without saying but my fiancée wasn't happy. So my buddy and I drive the nice little 10 hour drive to Stigler Oklahoma. Get there never hunted a hog before and not know the first thing about them. Anyways to shorten it up, we got some permission on some really remote ground that not a lot of people get to hunt. We set up just off a water hole for the evening hunt. My friend was filming and I was my bow (it was a compound     "[dntthnk]"  ) I hadn't done tradition at the time. So we didn't see anything that evening and waited to leave till we could barely see. As we were walking out I heard something walking parallel on our right side in the woods. I told my buddy and we stopped, it took a couple steps and stopped. We played this game a few times and I put my buddy closest to the wood on our right (nice guy I know). Then something to my left caught my attention. It was a big black mass that stood about 5 to 5'5 feet tall. I said, "huh Tim! what is that?!" Tim answered "I think its a black bear! Just keep walking and don't run."

So we get about 100 yards from the truck and without saying a word we both take off at a full sprint! Now I'm not trying to brag but I have always hunting with people that I could out run. Well Tim ran 100 meter event on a track team in college. Talk about a bad feeling being left behind.

We made it back to the truck and just started laughing at each other. We went back to his relatives house and they said they do have cougars and some people say they've even seen black bears. Another thing Stiglar is know for is sitings of Big Foot! Well I never had been a big foot believer, but ever since then when I tell that story I say, "We were being stalked my a Mountain Lion to our right, and Big Foot was sitting on our left ready to protect us."

Sorry about the length
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #301 on: May 25, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
great stories guys keep these coming
James Kerr

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »
just read a bunch of these stories. they're still great.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #303 on: September 25, 2011, 12:20:00 AM »
I have to Agree, just being Out in  Gods   Country  is a Major Attitude Adjustment Tool for Me!! Now, as far as Weird Stuff? I was Camping, all by myself, back a Month ago, in the Woods I claim as Mine, but they are My Great Uncles and he just lets me have the Run of His Woods!! The Man Is A  SAINT  in My Book!!
   Anywho, all set up, Campfire nice & warm, but not Huge. Overcast Night, so  MY  Visibility was Very Limited. Just sitting there, enjoying the Sounds of a Night in the Woods, and the Babbling Creeck that runs 10 feet from My CampSight........ Man, I Was In HEAVEN!!    There is a Cow Lot between Me & the Dirt Road, and I was laughing at them Moo'ing at each other. Totally Relaxed and Loving It, when I hear this "Rumbling" Noise.
  Deep, Down Rumbling, not quite a Growl, but I do know there are 'Yotes that Hang Out in those Woods. So I grabs M'LongBow, Pulls an Arrow Outta my Bow Quiver, and began to Quietly Follow the Rumble.
    Had a Ball Cap on, so I had my "Head Lights" On,  Low  of Course. The "Growling got Louder, and Deeper in Pitch the Closer I got to the Tree in the CowLot! I turned My Headlights  ALL  the Way On, Drew the Arrow, and.... there Stood a Cow looking at me under the Tree! I let down Mighty Fast, Turned My Lights  OFF  and the Noises Started Right back Up!!!  :eek:  
    I turned to hit my Lights on My Hat, when  ALL  of a Sudden, from Behind Me comes this "Prize-Winning, Longest, Nastiest,  COW FART   I HAD EVER Heard!!  I almost Dropped my Bow from the Laughing!!  :goldtooth:   As have the People that give me a Rough time about "Sneakin' Up on a Cow Fart!!"  :rolleyes:    :laughing:    Ya Gotta Love LIFE!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #304 on: September 25, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
Was up in the Upper Peninsula on a vacation with wife and mother-in-law. Decided I needed a day for myself and since it was grouse season, borrowed my wife's Weimaraner and took my side-by-side for a walk. We were headed down a power line clearing with some new-growth Aspen on each side when I heard a child crying. It was coming from just inside the tree line and moving parallel with us. I've never heard a couger, but was pretty sure it wasn't a bear cub. I was sure hoping it wasn't a bear cub, because if momma came to help, #8 birdshot wouldn't be much of a discouragement. This went on for 100 yds or so and then I turned around and headed back for the car. The Weimie was stuck to my leg and wouldn't hunt anyway. When we got to the car I tried to water her and she wanted none of it. She was not allowed in the front of the van, but when I opened the tailgate, she bolted over the seats to the front. I have no idea what it was, but a big cat is the only thing I can think of. Sure glad it was daylight. That would have been REALLY creepy at night.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #305 on: September 25, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
Shakes.602, that is an awesome story but I think you need to change your handle to "cow fart sneaker" or something like that     :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #306 on: September 25, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »
Toot and shoot!   :laughing:

Bladepeek, Sounds like a bobcat. Always freaks me out.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #307 on: September 25, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
I have read and reread this thread over the last year, and I still love it!!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #308 on: September 25, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
Rob, I think you're probably right with the bobcat, although even the DNR now admits we cougers back in MI.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

« Reply #309 on: September 25, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
I think bobcat is right, I have heard in the Loes Hills and they sounded like a child or a big house(mine) preparing to cough of a fur ball. Which was very much unlike the mountain lion we had around that snarled at a pack of coyotes one morning. I do not know how many sounds a mountain lion can make, but when one is defending a fresh turkey kill against coyotes, the sound makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up and I find myself repeatedly looking back when walking away from it.

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »
No really supernatural but in 2004 I took my dads bow in the woods. I had yet to kill a buck with a bow. A small buck came running right in front of my stand and stopped right there giving me a perfect shot. I hit him he ran about 20 yards and died. I took him to my parents house to clean him and show him to my dad who had never seen me kill a buck. It was the last day i had a conversation with my dad he was in late stage cancer and they went on a trip with my sisters and there husbands to the mountains. They came back a few days latter daddy was really bad and he died a couple of days later.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
I knew Cows had  4  Stomachs, and I think they  ALL  Produce Odiferous and  VERY LOUD  Gas!!  :biglaugh:     One started, then it was like the Rest had been hanging on to their own until the "Starting Gun" went Off!!  ALL NIGHT!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
cow entertainment and cover scent.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Back in the early 80's, I hunted this particular piece  of property with several good friends. Actually I am the only one hunting this particular property these days. I believe it was in 85' when this happened. The first stand on the property after coming through the gate we named the "top of the hill" stand due to it being at the highest point on the propety. Was situated on a large opening that was grown up in briar that were head high or higher with mixed shrubs,etc, the deer loved moving through this area from the hardwoods to where they normally bedded. We built a ladder that was a honest 24' to the platform at the edge of the clearing leaned up on a sweetgum. It was in November, and cold this morning, a good heavy frost. I was gun hunting at the time. Got to the stand about a half hour before light, made my way up the ladder with my rifle slung on my shoulder ( I know... DUMB ). When I got to the top step, I remember taking the gun off my shoulder while stepping to turn and sit down. Well to my unfortunate surprise the top step was covered with frost, my foot slipped and I went falling the 24 ft down in the dark. I remember this as vivid as yesterday, not knowning if I was going down face first, down or which way. I can recall thinking what my parents would feel when they got the news I died, my girlfriend, all my close friends, etc, things raced through my head at warp speed it seemed. Felt like it took forever to hit even though it couldn't have been more than several seconds I guess. I held my rifle out in front of me the whole time. When I landed it was if I had just stood next to a bed and hopped in it to lay down flat. I layed there a bit scared to move in case I couldn't. Little by little I moved this and that, other than the breath being knocked out of me from the 24ft fall or the rifle landing on my chest, I was ok. Within arm's reach was a stump I missed. I know without a shadow of a doubt it was God's hands that layed me flat on the ground and steered me from the stump, just wasn't my time I guess. What is a funny end to the story is I waited till first light, climbed up again, knocked the frost off the step and shot a nice 8 pointer that morning....God works in mysterious ways for sure, he is awesome !!, I should have been killed or at the least severely hurt or paralyzed. Sorry to be so long winded !!

Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #314 on: May 03, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
ttt
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
Hey Buddy, brought this up in time to freak some guys out...LOL
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
This is one of my all time favorite threads, I am glad to see it come back.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline bowgy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
Around 1985 or so  I was elk hunting just outside of Roslyn WA. There had been mines in the area in the past and there were lots of old roads some overgrown and some you could drive on.  I had been following  a small herd in some thick brush when I noticed about fifteen yards in front of me a small old car.  I grumbled to myself in my mind about the slobs that dump there trash in the woods etc. when I noticed part of a leg and a foot with a high heel on it sticking out of the drivers door.  I felt a sudden rush of adrenaline and fear which seemed to freeze me where I stood.  I knew I would have to take a look and go get the police but for a few seconds I just couldn't move.  I knew it was murder, the high heel, the old car, the fact that it was dumped way back under a big tree off of the road.  Then suddenly a light appeared in the front seat!  What the HHh! With the light I could see a vague image of someone, a head and a hand lighting a cigarette!  the head and the hand were  connected to the leg and high heel in the drivers seat. Then she  got out of the car and stood there inhaling the cigarette.  that's when I could clearly see that she had on a skimpy dress, bright red lipstick and a beard! The guy was probably only 15 yards away but I was in full camo face paint and everything and I didn't move until he looked the other way and I slunk back into the brush and disappeared.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by fnshtr:
I often talk to God in the wild... yeah, supernatural experience every time I do!
Amen
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
I saw something like that on Bourbon street years ago. . . . eeeewww !

ChuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©