3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experience  (Read 20417 times)

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Supernatural experience
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
Awesome.
Sometimes I feel like that guy with the deer legs.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »
Poison Arrow- when you experience something; and you know it to be true- nothing can change it or take it away.
 I know I have had many things happen to me that were true- that people have doubted me about: on every level of emotion and judgment.
  That does not change the truth.
I am glad you shared.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline poison arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
Yes I went back twice. The Picayun Strand is now off limits for hunting, fishing, atv. They blocked off all the canals and are going to try and flood the whole area. It is a huge tract of land that no one can go to now. Just absurd really. Some great hog hunting there.
   I really like what I see around this forum in the manner of its members. Glad I am here.

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
i'm really enjoying following this thread!  keep it comin!

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing with us Ed. For the few postings you've made they cetainly are powerful.  Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »
hmm they jsut shut it off huh. sounds like a govt. cover up.   just joking. i dont think i could have went back. but then again if it didnt show aggresion then there would be no need to be afraid of it.
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline unregistered

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »
Hey poison arrow it sounds like you saw a Faun which was a Roman spirit of the woods.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
I walk an exercise trail through the woods along Pickwick lake 3 times a week. At one point I walk through the area the confederate army massed to cross the Tennessee river on their way to the battle of Franklin.

Starting about 15 years ago, when I walked through this area on a gloomy day in November, I would hear foot steps behind me. I would stop and would hear a couple more steps then silence. This went on for several years but only 2 or 3 times a year.

Having had a few seemingly paranormal experiences in the past I thought of the boys who marched off to their deaths from that place in the woods. The battle of Franklin took place Nov 30th 1864, 1,750 confederate solders died on that day.

The next time I heard steps behind me I turned toward where I heard the steps and said" young man, it's over". "You don't have to fall into a formation and march off to your death anymore". "You can go home now".

Its been at least ten years since I spoke to who ever was walking behind me. I haven't heard any steps since.

I was driving home from a hunt one time and saw a sure enough real UFO, even got out of my truck to look at it, but that is another story.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
I'm willing to bet next year all of these post flash through your minds before you go to your morning stand,or come out after dark!I can see the flashlight moving at about 50mph through the woods.   :thumbsup:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »
it was nov 1978,i had gone elk hunting on my favorite little mountain called horn creek.my collie had followed me in hiding like usual.he would follow me until he knew it was too far back home for me to run him off.
 after an all day downpouring and a couple of close encounters with some roosevelt bulls i had headed home as it was getting late in the afternoon and i had a four mile hike home through some pretty rough terrain.i decided to take a shortcut that was at least a mile faster than my normal route but much steeper in spots.
  as i half slid and rolled my way towards the bottom of the steep hillside i heard a low gutteral snarling and looked at my dog,he was staring at a small group of trees just below us and on a little flat area.i figured he had seen a coyote or bear and was just warning me of it being there.i started to get a little nervous and went towards the trees.i looked back at my dog and he hadnt moved.his fur was standing straight up and his fangs were bared.i was really getting spooked now.
 i went forward and found a small graveyard that had eight wooden crosses for headstones and a rickity wooden fence that was all but lying flat.i approached the graves and began reading them.they were the graves of us cavalrymen,i could still read them quite well they were from the 1800's.i tried to get my stupid dog to come but he wasnt about to move.i walked over to him and grabbed him by the scruff and started walking past the graveyard.he lunged forward and broke free of my grasp.he was really freaking out.advancing stiff legged in fighting posture towards the graves.i had seen enough and did what every red blooded 17 year old boy would do in this situation,i ran like hell all the way home with my collie in hot pursuit.i will never and i repeat this...never...go back there again.i was a wreck for a whole week after that and was scared of everything.if anyone wants to go there i'll give you directions but i'm out.   :readit:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Longbow Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »
poison arrow you are one brave man for going back I think I would have soiled myself and high tailed it outa there and would'nt go back without back up and firearms just in case of course thanks for sharing I sure aint laughing and don't think your crazy. And elkherder Id be runnin with ya brother dog's can since things we sure can't don't know what I'd do without my german shepherd Isaiah my family and I say he's an angel dog he got hit by a buick going about 60mph just in the head pretty much and it spun him around and knocked him out for a few seconds while I was running from the back yard and mom was running to him he woke up and crawled to mom he just laid on the drive for what seemed like forever and the car finally came back and he growled at them and they rolled the window down and asked if he was ok of course we did'nt really know and they took off we called the vet rushed him there and he was fine no bones broke or nothin just some road rash God works in mysterious way's my friend's.
Death Before Dinner.  God is my camera man.   I Love Motorcycles and I Love Bow Hunting But I don't Mix The two I don't put wheels on my Bows

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2010, 02:25:00 AM »
George Metz, if you were in the area I'm thinking of, it's the only stand of virgin timber left in Mississippi. A truly beautiful place, bottomland hardwoods with trees so big you lose the scale while walking through them. On the south end of Noxubee Refuge, on the east side of the river.

Not hunting related, but I've had several experiences that can't be explained by modern science, so I have a hard time doubting experiences that anyone else relates. I occasionally have dreams that come true, for instance. They are different from regular dreams, and I know I've had one when I wake up. The details of the reality won't be exactly like the dream, but close enough to leave no doubt.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2010, 07:25:00 AM »
Just had a supernatural experience yesterday. Got a double on a rat trap. The supernatural part of it was one dead mouse was in the trap with the spring bar on it's head. The other dead mouse was just laying on it's side about 3" from the trapped one.
Somebody explain that to me..no poison around.

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
Poison Arrow I think we have no place to laugh at you,I Know my wife and brother are the only ones I have told about the birds and since you were so brave I will tell another one I didn't dare to tell.
     I was elk hunting and had a gorly elk tag I had waited years to draw. I had been out solo for a few days in a bivy was tired  and disapionted about a bull I let walk buy(I was too greedy). So I made it to my camptrailer(base camp) for a good meal and a soft bed. I made a nice dinner and a much needed cold drink but was weak and cold. So I lite the burners back up to warm the trailer when the flames went out. No big deal I had an extra propane tank. I went out to change the tanks when I notice the tank was full. I turn the gas back on and went back in and lite the burners. I started thinking how long it took to cook my meal. I thought it must have been just gas in the lines and went back out and turn it off to see. I tried to relite it the flame didn't relight. I thought that maybe I didn't leave the propane on long enough and trid it agian. Still no luck,thats when the shivers went up my spine. That propane had to be physicaly turn off and have tried many of times to duplicate the event with no luck. Well to say the least I moved camp that night and have never camped there again.

Offline Longbow Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
That's weird twitch I know I could'nt pull that trick of long you would be hearing me craking up watching someone go in and out trying to figure it out but someone or somthing not sowing it's self is just plain creepy.
Death Before Dinner.  God is my camera man.   I Love Motorcycles and I Love Bow Hunting But I don't Mix The two I don't put wheels on my Bows

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
Years ago when I was single(about 25 or so) a girlfriend and I were out hunting mushrooms on some old strip mine country I had a really strange encounter.
We had split up in our search for the elusive morels when I had a very strange feeling come over me. I couldn't put my finger on what the problem was so I started looking around and that's when I saw I was standing in the middle of a small grave yard.
I called my friend over to show her what I found. Then it really struck me, every grave in there was a Williams(my family name). Nothing unusual about finding a graveyard out in the country but still spooked me out with all the folks there being Williams's. We left immediately.

I don't remember how long it was before the memory of it came back to me and I decided to investigate it further. I went to the library and did the research that let me know that that graveyard wasn't registered anywhere. So I contacted a volunteer group that does this type of work and tried my best to help them find it but haven't to this day been able to find it again. Go figure?

God bless,Mudd

ps I get a chill down my spine just remembering it...lol
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »
Keep the stories coming!
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
Wouldn't these make great campfire stories?

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
For me everything in the Natural World is pulsating with Sacred Presence. Every leaf, every blade of grass, the great open sky, the scent of damp earth, all speak of beauty and meaning.

Here is a well known Navajo prayer/song that says it best.

"Today I will walk out, today everything bad will leave me,
I will be as I was before, I will have a cool breeze over my body.
I will have a light body, I will be happy forever,
nothing will hinder me.
I walk with beauty before me. I walk with beauty behind me.
I walk with beauty below me. I walk with beauty above me.
I walk with beauty around me. My words will be beautiful.

In beauty all day long may I walk.
Through the returning seasons, may I walk.
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk.
With dew about my feet, may I walk.

With beauty before me may I walk.
With beauty behind me may I walk.
With beauty below me may I walk.
With beauty above me may I walk.
With beauty all around me may I walk.

In old age wandering on a trail of beauty,
lively, may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of beauty,
living again, may I walk.
My words will be beautiful".

Offline recurve27128

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
Back when I lived in schuylkill county P ennsylvania I had a very strange experience. One day after leaving my house for a walking scounting trip( approx 2 miles) near sundown while walking along the asphalt hiway I heard the sound of children playing in the tall grass ahead of me on the side of the road. At a distance of 20 yds or so I also could see movement in the tall grass. Being this was only a short 1/4 mile from my house( in a very small rural community) I thought it could be neighbor children trying to scare me as I would walk by. I started to talk very loudly , "I know your hiding in there" and proceeded closer. As I got there and could see into the cover I saw something my mind couldnt interpret. If I were to try to describe to you what I saw it would be this, An owl like creature that was sort of humanlike and quickly disappeared into the remains of an old RR trestle. The thing was largely white in color and the size of a small man. I know as I was approaching this thing before Im saw it I talked to it and snuck up on it for a few minutes. As it disappeared and my thoughts returned to "normal" I hurried home and friends came up our drive. I quickly retold the story and we took a spotlight( as by now it was darkening) and went back  to investigate more closely. My analogy to them was it may have been a troll like creature. The sound it made was the distinct sound of children at play. I have rarely if ever told this story but it is what I definately experienced. I was probably 30 at that time and would not have fear of such things. Dave
dave brown

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©