3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great Northern or Thunderhorn Quiver  (Read 699 times)

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Northern or Thunderhorn Quiver
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
As you mentioned the Great Northern holds the fletching closer together and the Boa "fans" them out - too much for my liking - I still own two Boa's and use them on two longbows - I bought them might as well use them but I prefer the Great Northern (mine does squeek a bit - the metal wire against the leather - which will most likely go away with a good rain, it's new!)

Offline Day Dreamer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
I had a GN on my recurve not a strap on. Did make some noise when where the two wires came together, put a piece of rubber band in between the two, did the job. Another thing I did not like was broadheads were sort of hard to get in place without a lot of force and taking out was not easy either. If you do a search and look at some kill pics with GN quivers alot of broadheads are exposed, partially inserted in quiver, and point end is sometimes croocked. Anyways I just order a T-Horn small fry (Lynx) like the way they are swept back 3-4 arrows. Hope this helps

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by over&under:
I have had both but it seemed to me that the boa would work its way loose over time and I had to continually slide it down the limbs for a tight fit.

The GN with the straps STAYS PUT! and it can be modified to rake the arrows back into the profile of the bow which keeps them even more out of the way. Besides it kinda keeps the arrows in a more compact configuration and not "fanned out" like the Boa.

Also if you decide to take the quiver off, the wire design keeps the quiver and arrows as a unit instead of it wanting to fall apart like a Boa.

Both quivers are very will made, and very quiet. I just prefer the GN.

The only draw back to the GN is that the two arrows tucked in inside grippers close to the bow are not as easily accessible as with a Boa, but I keep my judos back there anyway so it is not an issue.

YMMV     :D  
This was the EXACT paragragh I was going to post but did not need to thanks to O&U. I like the looks of the Boa better but Great Northern definitely wins the functionality points. That being said, the GN is what I use.

Bisch

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 05:21:00 AM »
GN all the way. Own 4 of them.
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »
I've used the Selway, Great Northern, and Kanati quivers. I liked all three but I use the Kanati now because I like the looks of it, the small size and the way it's made. It stays put also.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline sndmn11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
I am a huge fan of the thunderhorn lynx.  i am really surprised that they are not more popular.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©