3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anybody ever used a catquiver?  (Read 827 times)

Offline the force

• Trad Bowhunter
Anybody ever used a catquiver?
« on: February 16, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »
How do they do when hunting or just shooting?Do the arrows fall out the side or stay put pretty well?
Hoyt Tiburon

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anybody ever used a catquiver?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
Force
You might want to use the search option here on the forum. Lot's of info on them.
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline the force

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
Thanks MJB never thought of that   :thumbsup:
Hoyt Tiburon

Offline parick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
ya they are all right nothing that is amazeing
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in wihch you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
I sold mine.  Seemed harder to get arrows in and out than necessary.  Arrows of different lengths won't work well (i.e. judos, blunts, and b/hs won't fit together).
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
That is all I use in the hunting season.You get the hang of taking out,a little harder putting back in.

Pros are no fletching exposed,to animals or weather.Carries nice on your back to allow getting through thick stuff better.All kind of sizes as far as what you want to pack along.

Negatives are figuring out how to carry it if you are also going to be carrying in a treestand.One extra thing to haul up the tree.As stated above a little tricky getting an arrow back in.

I hunt 95% of the time from the ground so they work pretty well for me.I have a mini up to a #4
 I like them.

Craig

Offline bearsfeet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
I got one last year for the late season to keep my fletching dry. It worked great for that.

I have the 6.5 that is a good sized fanny pack style. I thought getting arrows in and out was not a big issue. The only thing was I had it adjusted to just fit my BH' if you take BH and judo's or what ever other heads you would need to cut out some foam or something to fill the space and it would work just fine. I would say that is about the only drawback of the catquivers.
Levi Bedortha

Offline the force

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
I hunt mostly from the ground and thought it might be nice just having to carry 1 thing instead of a quiver and a bulky pack thats always in the way
Hoyt Tiburon

Offline sleepingbear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »
Its good that the cat quiver lets you drop an arrow straight down with minimal movement with practice. Negatives: I think its a little too noisy with brush slap even with moleskin and is uncomfortable when bent over with the metal rods against your back.  Its hard to get the arrow back in without ruining the fletching.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
I hunt from the ground and love my cat 3 1/2. I can pack everything in it and it is my quiver too! It is easy to get through the woods with and has lots of extra straps to attach any extras!

-Charlie

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
Cat III for me as well. Perfect pack that protects fletchings and arrows can be accessed while on your back. Here it is laying in the beautiful flora of the Colorado mountains.

www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
I got a mini cat for sale... $40 shipped in the quiver section of the classifieds... Thanks !!
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline the force

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
I like the looks of the 1 and 2
Hoyt Tiburon

Offline Jack Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
I love my Cat7 for the spot/stalk and still hunting I use here in WY. I can carry more than I will ever need and often do.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »
I bought one used.  I bought it from a tall, broad fellow and I'm pretty big myself.  It didn't fit either of us.  Uncomfortable to wear, aggravating to put an arrow back in wearing it, very difficult to sit down wearing it, not a good choice to hang on a tree when sitting in a stand either.  

I much more prefer the Arrowmaster by Safari Tuff.  If I need to carry stuff, I can wear it with a fanny pack, a day pack, or a full size backback--no problem.  Much more comfortable and user friendly IMO.

Chad

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
I have a 3 that I like ok.  It seems a little noisy to me when I'm walking.  I'm sure animals can't hear it, but I hear some rub and very faint squeeks when walking that I don't hear when using my day pack.  I have to take it off to get arrows in without messing up the fletching.  Arrows come out just fine when needed and I haven't had any come out accidentily.  My hunting partner loves his.  I can take it or leave it.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »
I like the mini.  Works with any backpack.  H

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »
I have had several different models over the years. Two seasons ago I got a Safari Tuff Arrowmaster and it solved all the problems that I had with the Catquiver. One of the things I did not like about the Catquvers was using them with a pack....not easy to do for me. And I did not particularly like having the quiver and the pack as a single package since I don't always need the pack when I hunt close to home.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Jon Shade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
I have had a Cat I for over a decade now. I love it! Wouldn't trade it. I do hunt mostly from the ground. Mostly by blind. It requires some practice, mostly putting arrows back in. But, after a while it is second nature. I use Selway "piggybacks" for arrows that are different in length. Again, practice is needed. I have recently thought about picking up a GFA quiver.

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »
I still have my old St. Charles, the forerunner of the Catquiver, as well as several of the Catquivers. They are among the very best best quivers for the stalking bowhunter, and are my personal favorite. The bottom removal of arrows, behind the back and out of sight of the animals is a great feature, as well as having the fletching covered and the arrows individually held in place.

I also have a regular center back quiver that has cutouts at the bottom on both sides to allow the bottom-draw of an arrow, as well as allowing for a convential back-quiver draw. It also has a detachanble hood that can be used to cover the fletching, which restricts it to a bottom-draw only. It doesn't hold the arrows individually in place, but can easily carry 4 dozen arrows.

Ed

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©