3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anybody ever used a catquiver?  (Read 828 times)

Offline Cool Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anybody ever used a catquiver?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
Isn't it great that they make such a variety of toys, so that there is something to please every one. Personally I love my cat quiver. Keeps fletching dry, and I can carry whatever as well. As stated above, you nearly need to remove it if you decide to sit a spell.
         Larry

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
I really like my Mini, I attach it to my daypack on the side loops.  Not a problem to get to the arrows at all.  I havn't used any of the pack catquivers so I don't have anything to go by on them, but I would think there could be issues getting to the arrows in the middle of your back.  Maybe not for some.

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
Another vote for Safari Tuff from a previous CQ owner. CQ is ok, but all the complaints listed are valid. If you shoot different length arrows, it can also be a problem with the Cat quiver (like blunts and broadheads). I have donated a few arrows to the woods over the years while using the Cat Quiver; not a problem with the Safari Tuff.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
I had a Cat 2 and sold it.  Didn't like 2 straps.  I now use a mini and as mentioned earlier, it attaches to any pack or treestand with ease.  Single strap so it can be rotated around your body for arrow removal/replacement.  Last time I checked...about $50.

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
I'd never use one again.  The broadhead arn't 100% covered.  Cut the crap out of my little finger.  I now know what scary sharp is.  The thought of it makes me shiver.

I didn't even have the quiver on it was in the back of my truck.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »
I have the VI and 1/2 (look like an army LCE with buttpack)and can take the quiver off and use it as a mini.  On western on the ground all day I use the VI 1/2, when tree stand hunting I use it as a mini with the single strap.  Take a small snaplink and attach it to my harness tether around the tree.  Arrows stay safe and sound, quiet and dry.  Easy with a tad bit of practice.
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »
I like mine. Kinda noisy so I taped up the joints.Nice to walk through the woods and brush as the arrows are behind you.You can put it in your vehicle and the arrows are pretty safe.But when you remove an arrow with it on your back,it's yours.The only good way to put the arrow back is to remove the quiver from your back.

Offline ka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 12:44:00 AM »
Used one for many years and will continue to as i have found nothing better!! All quivers have their own 'quirks". I have worked out all on this quiver to suit my needs!!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 01:39:00 AM »
Cat 3.5 in ASAT Fleece. Great quiver....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 01:41:00 AM »
:thumbsup:   For my serious all day hunting it's the one. Haven't had a problem with them at all. Except my new one with the fanny, i need to extend the belt for layers.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 02:20:00 AM »
I bought a Cat III about twenty years ago. I didn't like it. If I put any weight at all in the pack part the quiver squeaked really bad. They may have fixed that problem, I don't know. I gave mine away not too long after I got it. Gary

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
I use the Mini for turkey hunting because they hide the fletching.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
I've hunted my Cat III for over twelve years and am sold on them!  Quiet, easy and functional. The best stalking quiver I've ever used.  EVERYTHING is down the center of my back and always out of the way moving through thick stuff. For my rut all day sits this is the way to go. Pack for an all day stay.
Being vertically challenged (5'8) I cannot sit to rest wearing my Cat quiver.  Maybe tall guys don't have this problem but even with that the Cat style is a good one.

"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline shadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
I've had one for years but very seldom use it. It's difficult to replace arrows in it once you've taken one out.

Offline SpikeMaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
I got one about 15 years ago and didn't like it. I tried it out again a few years ago and still didn't like it. I got a Dawgware and like it much better. A Dawgware or Arrowmaster is the way to go.

Offline FDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »
i have a mini and i love mine for ground hunting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©