3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: cat quiver 1 questions  (Read 287 times)

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
cat quiver 1 questions
« on: February 16, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
I have been following the quiver debate post and find myself interested in the cat quiver 1. Looks small, with 2 straps it wont be "bouncing" along thru the woods and the fletchings are concelled and protected. Sounds like a nice setup. Now before I buy one, I want to ask, Whats the downside to them ? There is not a perfect quiver, so I am wondering what Im overlooking. All Advice is appreciated !
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Offline Jon Shade

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: cat quiver 1 questions
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
They require some practice when reinserting arrows while wearing. You will also need to add blocks to the base if you carry arrows of different length or arrows equiped with small game points. I utilize Selway "piggybacks" to carry my blunts or small game points. I've even made my own pb from a thick rubber mat from tractor supply. I even had lots of leftover rubber for knife handles. Again, using the piggybacks while reinserting arrows requires some practice. I do remove it while on stand. But then again, I've always removed all my quivers while on stand.

Offline Cool Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
If you're going to be carrying arrrows of different length you will need to add some foam or whatever to take up the length of the shorter arrow. Other than that i dearly love my cat quiver. If you are the type of still hunter like myself that occasionly likes to sit and look around for a spell, then youprobably will need to remove it, unless you are a fairly tall person.
    Larry

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Sold mine and bought a GFA.  I'm much happier now.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
The only change I made was for a couple of judo points. I cut a couple of 12 gauge shot shells in half and knocked out the old primers and fastened them with machine screws and lock nuts. You need to measure the difference in height between your broadheads and your Judo's then cut the shells to make up the difference. When I reach back I know what side the broad heads are on.

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
I had one and it was OK.  I agree with Cool Arrow that you have to take it off when you sit down.  I sold mine and now use a Cat mini.  I like it better.  It doesn't carry as many arrows and only has 1 strap.  I like the single strap because you don't have to take it off...just slide it around your body to add/remove arrows or to avoid brush.  I have a pack I carry sometimes and I just use a clip to attach the mini to it.  Last time I checked---it was about $50.  Works good for me.

Offline ka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
Only problem i have had is when you want to backpack your treestand in!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 01:38:00 AM »
Cat 3.5 in ASAT fleece...great quiver.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
I have a catquiver 1.It's a great quiver.The down side is it squeaked. Tape on the joints helped a lot.Can only carry one size arrows.Also the plastic bottom is loud if something hits it.The up side is many.

Offline ccollier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
The catquiver mini is all I've used the last few years.  I've tried a lot of quivers over the years and that one works best for me. It works so well I have 6 of them.

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »
Thanks for all the Advice guys ! Im going to look to buy one tomorrow, I will look at the different styles and try them on. (hopefully they have them in stock)
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©