3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad Hog Hunt on TV  (Read 737 times)

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad Hog Hunt on TV
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
Mysticguido,

I like the post and appreciate your bringing the show to all of our attention.  Any extra exposure to Trad Bow hunting with a good message is a boost to the trad community.  

I understand that the original post was intended to be informative, and not meant to bash anyone.  The posting seemed to start veering that way in later posts.  I only ask that we all take the time to think before bashing others.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
Ben, I feel just as you do.  I don't know where this idea came from that if you love to hunt with a bow you are never to pick up any other legal weapon.  This thread may not have been started to bash anyone's choice of hunting style or weapon but such very clearly has happened when such terms as "coward" are used and rifle hunting for hogs (as I did last week) is compared to shooting road signs. I would never do that and don't care for being compared to those who do simply because I might at times choose to hunt with a gun.  That does not make me one whit less a bowhunter    "[dntthnk]"
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
I must say i agree with others who have stated that some of the later comments are divisive and insulting.  I also choose to hunt with a gun from time to time if only to spend time with my son who chooses not to bow hunt.  I normally pass over these type of rash statement but this "shooting a hog with a gun is like shooting road signs - what a coward.Bow Only! No Excuses!" and other applauding it we'll it a little overboard...If I want this type of comments the other site are full of them!  And the lack of this type of comments is what makes Trad Gang a cut above.. just my opinion   :readit:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
I'd personally rather watch Mosquitos land on my nose than hunt with anything but a bow, but those are my standards.

We get short sided and pretty hypocritical when we start imposing our views on others, when talking about legal activities.

I am currently working on getting a bud from JoJa out here to hunt hogs with me at the Tejon ranch.  I told him to bring the big magnum.  Most folks aren't willing to eat a trip across the country and the trespass fee to tote a bow.
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©