3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Most memorable miss?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Most memorable miss?
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »
Neil there will be another day but it still haunts me and also humors me too.

I love sheep hunting but it's draw only there and I have been waiting for 2 years to get drawn again...maybe this year

jer Bear

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2010, 03:01:00 AM »
So many choices???  Let's see.  Probably the best bou I've ever been near.  8-10 long points on top with about 6 inches palmation.  Back points about 5", bez about 22 w/6-7 points each and double shovels, big ones.  I've killed several caribou in the 370-80 range and this one was bigger than any of them.  

17 bou caught me on a big flat and I just layed down.  Nothing else to do.  Over time they fed by me at ranges from 20-35 yards.  Almost all would have made PnY.  The big one was number 15.

This whole thing took about 30 minutes so I was pretty worked up.  I was laying flat on my back and tried to shoot between my feet.  Shot was 20 yards and I didn't realize that when I scrunched up to shoot I pushed on my leg w/bow quiver.  Arrow hit about 10 yards short.  

It seldom bothers me to miss, but this one did and does.

Offline elk nailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
my first year back to hunting with a recurve I had a shot at a doe at 15 yds, shot at the whole deer and of course the arrow went right over her back. 15 min. latter a 6 pt came down the same trail, stopped in the same spot and the shot results were the same. 5 min. latter another 6 pt came by in the same spot. By this time I was a complete wreck and missed by at least 2'.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©